Sign in to follow this  
touchdown49

P3d Config File

Hello everyone

Just a very quick question. When it says to delete your P3dv4 config file and let it rebuild do you have to reset everything again. I do take a copy of my live Config file and wondered if you delete the contents of the new rebuilt one and copy into it the details form the copy one is this adequate.

What does everyone else do.

Oh and I have set up a signature can someone let me know if it is working.

Kind regards

David Spackman...(just  in case the signature is not working)

David Spackman Real World Pilot  😀

Hi David - Yup, the .cfg file will go back to the default settings.  Maybe just take screenshots of your settings pages to reference when you go back into P3D after deleting.  I wouldn't straight copy the old one to the new one though as that puts you right back to where you were in case something was not working correctly.  Your sig appears to work fine!

Eric

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Thank you very much Eric I appreciate your views.

The thing that is the most annoying when resetting the config file is that all the settings for Yoke and Throttle controls and key and button assignments have to be input all over again that was why i mentioned it.

Once again thank you for your comments.

David Spackman Real World Pilot  😀

Your button and key assignments are held in the 'Standard.xml' file in the Controls subdirectory and not the 'Prepar3D.cfg' file.

Also you can export your control settings and reimport if necessary. 

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5