Sign in to follow this  
Denni

So I dont know If my system can run all of this...

19 minutes ago, J van E said:

I have to agree that a consistent 24-30 is fine: I get that with TrueEarth Netherlands and a specific set of settings and it's fine to enjoy the scenery. But it's no match to the superb smoothness I can experience in Aerofly FS 2 (usually 60 due to vsync). The difference is obvious, staggering, huge, and so on. You can indeed call 24 fps smooth because it is consistent but it's not 'real life smooth' as 60 fps is. With 24 fps I am aware of the fact that I am looking at frames that are shown to me in quick succesion, with 60 (or higher) things look real and the idea of frames is gone.

Well said. I think some people here never ever experienced more than 24 fps. Or more probably they're in denial. 😈

• Like 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

50 minutes ago, overspeed3 said:

I have a 6700k not overclocked, and I always get 4.00 GHZ -  so I'm going to assume you have a laptop?

(If you have a desktop, there may be a problem).

Its the G752VT ROG Laptop.

Ok....so It looks grim. I never expected to get a 30+ FPS, and I'm not new to flight simming, (I used FSX prior to this) but I will be new to P3D. So any tips I can use to get a decent 20-25 FPS? 

59 minutes ago, Murmur said:

Well said. I think some people here never ever experienced more than 24 fps. Or more probably they're in denial. 😈

I doubt it. It is a moot point you speak of. If they want to run 200 fps they can't so it's irrelevant..

I run 60fps with lowered settings 24 with advanced graphics.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

...That's P3D 4.2. Other sims can do lots of fps with small areas to fly in that's fine and dandy too.

1 minute ago, SteveW said:

...That's P3D 4.2. Other sims can do lots of fps with small areas to fly in that's fine and dandy too.

So I wont be able to get a 20-25 FPS or?

I'm seeing 200fps+ with bald landscape adding in stuff reduces that so it's rather up to the user what they can get out of their PC and stick to what you can do.

3 minutes ago, SteveW said:

I'm seeing 200fps+ with bald landscape adding in stuff reduces that so it's rather up to the user what they can get out of their PC and stick to what you can do.

So what do you recommend?

A study sim with FMS and navigation techniques does not need 60 when 24 will do so long as it is consistent that's key.

If we want to run a glider or a fast jet up the fps then.

Those guys on about how we must have massive fps - agreed. But it's a moot point if we can't have it. If they can get it they will use it quite obviously

4 minutes ago, SteveW said:

A study sim with FMS and navigation techniques does not need 60 when 24 will do so long as it is consistent that's key.

If we want to run a glider or a fast jet up the fps then.

Those guys on about how we must have massive fps - agreed. But it's a moot point if we can't have it. If they can get it they will use it quite obviously

So I'll be able to get 20-25 FPS?

59 minutes ago, Denni said:

Ok....so It looks grim. I never expected to get a 30+ FPS, and I'm not new to flight simming, (I used FSX prior to this) but I will be new to P3D. So any tips I can use to get a decent 20-25 FPS? 

Unfortunately, the way to ensure good performance in P3D is a 4 GHz+ CPU with a GTN 1070 GPU or better, on a fast motherboard, incl. RAM.

That would mean a new system.

Bert

28 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Unfortunately, the way to ensure good performance in P3D is a 4 GHz+ CPU with a GTN 1070 GPU or better, on a fast motherboard, incl. RAM.

That would mean a new system.

I will hit 20-25 FPS?

13 minutes ago, Denni said:

I will hit 20-25 FPS?

Yes, should be OK with what you have.

4 minutes ago, SteveW said:

Yes, should be OK with what you have.

Thank you for all your help, I just wanted to make sure. Christmas I am building a PC with some good specs and I'll transfer it over. Thank you! (Sorry for my bad english, It's not my native language)