Sign in to follow this  
Marenostrum

Sim small stop&go after 2hrs

5 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

Not using a save at all 

The man likes to live on the edge...

There was this moment I became so pi**ed off the crashes that I started my personal investigation. It turned out that after I had removed my FSDT JFK scenery I haven't had a single P3Dv4 crash anymore.. 

yesterday I flew for about 3 hours without any crash...I simply tried to pop up very few times the PFD (First officer...not captain)..and the ND,

I saved the flight only before the TOD.

I do not have FSDT, so it  cannot be the reason.

I am slowly testing...I will see.

6 hours ago, Marenostrum said:

I do not have FSDT, so it  cannot be the reason.

it was just my example. Most if not almost all crashes happen due to issues with addons. A stock P3dv4 will not crash as long as your computer doesn't have issues itself. 

2 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

it was just my example. Most if not almost all crashes happen due to issues with addons. A stock P3dv4 will not crash as long as your computer doesn't have issues itself. 

Sure, it is a good example, considering that I use ORBX and I I have to be careful with the sliders setting to avoid the risk of OOM. 

I think that the reason is due to a RAM/CPU overload, caused by me, doing too many other things in the cruise phase. I did two average (3hrs) flights paying attention in not clicking too much the PFD and ND popup and without doing other things. I had no issue.

Now I am flying in USA with the ORBX scenery and I see the difference in fps when I approach a big city/airport but paying attention I did not have a P3D crash.

20 minutes ago, Marenostrum said:

doing too many other things in the cruise phase

Yes that could be the problem. I can‘t tell about v4 but the older versions really didn‘t like to run in the background for a longer time.

2 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

Yes that could be the problem. I can‘t tell about v4 but the older versions really didn‘t like to run in the background for a longer time.

I do not minimize them, I just work on other things on the 4th screen leaving the sim screen maximized...but I think P3D does not like also this way.

2 hours ago, nas123 said:

Try SmartStarter wMapLog to save your flights. It is easy to restart flights both from SmartSarter itself of from i.e. Little NavMap or Google maps.

Sorry NAS,

The only information I found in the WWW by googling SmartStarter is a post written by you in AVSIM and an Australian site about "Smart Start with PMP" is a unique Australian Perceptual Motor Program for five to seven year olds. that I suppose it is not the correct link.

Where is this app visible?

Thank you