Sign in to follow this  
Marenostrum

Sim small stop&go after 2hrs

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I need your help:

During "long" flight, should we say after about 1.5/2 hours flight, P3D starts to have a sort of short stop&go.

After few seconds the simulation starts again. It is like a small PAUSE of few seconds.

During the flight I have a stable 32 fps.

If the flight has to conitnue for another hour, the issue comes up again and becomes more critical: pauses are longers.

Eventually P3D crashes and I have to resume it.

 

I have checked VAS with Proces Explorer and when the issues started I had 2.4.GB of memory usage...so not so bad.

I do not have this issue with another complex airplanes.

My hardware: P3D3.4. win10.  I7 7700k 4.2ghz. 16GB. Nvidia1070gtx. 3screens x sim + 1 for services (fmc undocked)

 

Any idea?


 

Edited by Marenostrum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

49 minutes ago, Marenostrum said:

During "long" flight, should we say after about 1.5/2 hours flight, P3D starts to have a sort of short stop&go.

After few seconds the simulation starts again. It is like a small PAUSE of few seconds.

During the flight I have a stable 32 fps.

If the flight has to conitnue for another hour, the issue comes up again and becomes more critical: pauses are longers.

Eventually P3D crashes and I have to resume it.

If you have FSUIPC, turn off Auto-save, or be sure to set the save frequency much lower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you ...but I have the unregistered version (no autosave option).

but possibly you gave me the right direction: I use Proatc x that has an autosave option. I will disable it and try.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Marenostrum said:

Thank you ...but I have the unregistered version (no autosave option).

but possibly you gave me the right direction: I use Proatc x that has an autosave option. I will disable it and try.

 

Yeah, that's probably it. When you save the flight, our plane also saves a bunch of data, too, so that when you load the flight (which doesn't save much other than airspeed, altitude, and location...couple other things, but none of it includes all of the switch positions, system states, panel states, your FMC data and so on), the plane is ready to go, too. Given the amount of data, if you do it often enough, your computer will get backed up (keep in mind, it's trying to run the entire sim while it's doing this, too), and performance will suffer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems that I have solved the issue by uncheking the autosave opion in Proatc x. I need a long flight to comfirm but it seems solved.

 

thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Marenostrum said:

It seems that I have solved the issue by uncheking the autosave opion in Proatc x. I need a long flight to comfirm but it seems solved.

 

thank you

Glad to hear it. You're welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

now the consequent question is ...is there an automatic way to save without having the issue? Now I am doing a manual save about each hour, to  recover in case of crash...but it is a little annoying.

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Marenostrum said:

now the consequent question is ...is there an automatic way to save without having the issue? Now I am doing a manual save about each hour, to  recover in case of crash...but it is a little annoying.

Thank you

Stefano,

With all the automatic saving ways you are going to have the same issue. This is purely with the amount of data that is saved

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK...I realized it...and just for my curiosity...why the standard manunal saving does not affect it...it should save all the settings too? 

Be patiente with my curiosity 🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Marenostrum said:

OK...I realized it...and just for my curiosity...why the standard manunal saving does not affect it...it should save all the settings too? 

Be patiente with my curiosity 🙂

 

The times with manual save and automatic save should be the same. At least for FSUIPC it is. I do not know if the ProATC saves other data as well hence increasing the time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that I have disabled the PROATC autosave I have no more the issue ot the micro stop&go exactly like other users having the autosave option in FSUIPC

But if you say that the autosave of FSUIPC does the same of the manual save (in term of variables stored), which is the difference? 

Is it a matter of how many autosave? If it is so, I could reactivate the autosave with a saving each, should we say, 1 hour or half an hour (not 10 min)

What is your opinion?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Marenostrum said:

Now that I have disabled the PROATC autosave I have no more the issue ot the micro stop&go exactly like other users having the autosave option in FSUIPC

But if you say that the autosave of FSUIPC does the same of the manual save (in term of variables stored), which is the difference? 

Is it a matter of how many autosave? If it is so, I could reactivate the autosave with a saving each, should we say, 1 hour or half an hour (not 10 min)

What is your opinion?

 

I believe most of users have the save once every 30 minutes or an hour. Personally never use it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Personally, I have a habit of saving at specific times such as in position on runway ready for takeoff, thence every four flight hours (when I update enroute wind forecasts) and then before TOD.  I will also save before reaching Canada on a Westerly NAT flight because things can get irrational in that part of the world for no known reason.  Always and only manual saves using P3D save scenario, and always to same file name (eg _ENR NGX).

Edited by downscc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Marenostrum said:

so you just use the manual save?

Not using a save at all 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this