Sign in to follow this  
assilem

fl impostare maletti bruno

come si possonon impostare su  altitude  (fl) esempio fl 3000   mettere fl 2370 sul 777

Not sure what you're requesting support for here. What are you trying to accomplish, specifically? (You can write in Italian or English, but please be as specific as possible.)

Kyle Rodgers

esempio  devo impostare altimetro  su liml  che x intercettare ils da fl 3770  mentre su 777
non riesco a impostare i decimali da solo numeri pieni es  3000/4000/ 5000

Hello,

It might be a problem with the translation (I don't speak Italian so I use google translate) but where do you see that you have to intercept the ILS at 3770ft? On the chart the ILS 36 is at 3000ft (or 2500ft from the racetrack). 

I cannot see 3770 anywhere on the chart

If you mean enter 3770 on the MPC, you cannot. You can only enter hundreds of feet (3000, 3700...).

By the way "fl 3770" is quite confusing. Use FLxxx above the transition altitude when talking about flight level or 3770ft for altitude below the transition level but fl 3770 is not valid for an airliner (it would mean 377000ft !) 🙂

Edited by Budbud

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

2 hours ago, assilem said:

esempio  devo impostare altimetro  su liml  che x intercettare ils da fl 3770  mentre su 777
non riesco a impostare i decimali da solo numeri pieni es  3000/4000/ 5000

Do you have the rotary switch on the Altitude button of the MCP set to hundreds (100) instead of thousands (1000) of feet?

As Romain said, you can only get 100s, so you can't select 3770.

Mike

Edited by Mike777

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

da navigraps aggiornato giugno   ils z 286/109,3  limj  genova italia intercetta ils a 3370 FL
ora non ricordo ma ho trovato parecchi  ils con decimali in europa
e io con il mio 777 non riesco a farlo ho sfogliato i manuali ma non ho trovato niente
al riguado

You cannot dial in 3370 feet in the MCP, that's simply impossible.

The 3370 feet at 10DME is a calculated altitude based on the 3,17° glide slope. WHAT you can do on the 777 is to check that on the LEGS page the fix at 10DME has an altitute constraint of 3370ft and fly with VNAV with APP armed to match it. but looking at the approach chart you would come in at 4000ft anyway and intercepting the ILS will turn off any other modes anyway and engage APP mode. 

If you flew the LOC Z then you would still use VNAV for the glide which would match the 3370ft too that are entered as a constraint. Just check that you actually are at 3370ft at 10 DME and you're fine. Your go around altitude is 3000ft anyway.

Edited by Ephedrin

You can set the MCP to 3400ft, I'm pretty sure that you will intercept the GS even if the charts says 3370ft. I don't know which is the tolerance in ft above the GS until which the ILS mode will catch the GS but I'm fairly sure that 30ft won't change anything since we are talking about altitude with QNH/altimeter setting and the instrument accuracy itself.

Just round to the first 100s ft above the charted altitude and you should be fine (3770ft -> 3800ft; 3370ft -> 3400ft).

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

On 6/4/2018 at 4:23 PM, assilem said:

come si possonon impostare su  altitude  (fl) esempio fl 3000   mettere fl 2370 sul 777

I’m Italian but if you want some help you need to speak English on this forum.

Sono italiano ma se vuoi dell’aiuto da questi forum hai bisogno di parlare inglese, sennò puoi sempre seguire volo virtuale 

18 hours ago, BrucoGianluco05 said:

I’m Italian but if you want some help you need to speak English on this forum.

Sono italiano ma se vuoi dell’aiuto da questi forum hai bisogno di parlare inglese, sennò puoi sempre seguire volo virtuale 

Google translator actually works quite okay between italian and english 🙂 all everyone has to care about is spelling and grammar 😄