Sign in to follow this  
ericRacer

How to update the database ?

Hi, i bought garmin 430 last year and i was i bit desapointed when i realised that there are not arrival procedure (STAR) at Quebec airport.  CYQB is my main airport for practicing and i wish to have an update data for this airport. I had updated my old version of garmin via the garmin trainer but i don't know how to proceed with this new version.

Ps. the star exist since 2014 at CYQB and the new version are not been updated !  for fifty box !!!

35 minutes ago, ericRacer said:

Hi, i bought garmin 430 last year and i was i bit desapointed when i realised that there are not arrival procedure (STAR) at Quebec airport.  CYQB is my main airport for practicing and i wish to have an update data for this airport. I had updated my old version of garmin via the garmin trainer but i don't know how to proceed with this new version.

Ps. the star exist since 2014 at CYQB and the new version are not been updated !  for fifty box !!!

Hi Eric,

Welcome to the boards...

Both the RXP and F1 units are based on the free Garmin Trainer software - the Garmin Trainer software was meant for real world pilots - as a training device - and as such was never meant to have an updateable database... That said - it is possible to update the database but if you're not a RW pilot already having the subscription - it's prohibitively expensive - as you have to buy the same databases that real world pilots use from Garmin... You could certainly add all the waypoints for the SID/STAR to the database via "User Waypoints" which might meet your needs - as aircraft navigating with GTN/GNS units don't usually have automated vertical guidance...

Regards,
Scott  

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

If you have a newer navdata set (worldwide.bin file), you can update this trainer, just as you could the earlier trainer.

The earlier location: Garmin\GNS400W-500W Trainer\Trainer

The new location:  Garmin\GNS Trainer\GNS\db

Bert

i had updated the ealier version , and it was working well. Thanks Bert for pointing me the new location and Scott for the advice with the user waypoint. I will try this and i will let you if it works for me.  when i will back home.

Edited by ericRacer

@ericRacer please make sure to review the user's manual for 'data' locations, and how you can even configure your system to 'redirect' the trainer to other location of your choosing.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

11 hours ago, ericRacer said:

i had updated the ealier version , and it was working well. Thanks Bert for pointing me the new location and Scott for the advice with the user waypoint. I will try this and i will let you if it works for me.  when i will back home.

Hi Eric,

One other thing that may prove helpful if unaware - you can use Little Navmap to create flight plans and load them into the RXP units if so desired...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

On 6/6/2018 at 8:02 AM, scottb613 said:

Hi Eric,

One other thing that may prove helpful if unaware - you can use Little Navmap to create flight plans and load them into the RXP units if so desired...

Regards,
Scott

Well THAT is cool. How do I do that?

@CaptCraig Hi, I'm pretty sure if you type the following in google you'll find the answer: "little nav map documentation export flight plan"

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hi,

I now had several times the experience of not having SID`s,STAR`s and approaches or waypoints in the database when flying online with pilotedge or VatSim. As a private pilot in the training for my instrument rating I very much appreciate the handling characteristic of the RXP 430 and 530 series,  being very close to reality, but flying online, much of the fun is taken away by the long outdated database. I do have a navigraph subscription and they have an agreement with Jeppesen, so all charts and procedures are current. It is hard to understand that Garmin is so unsupporting to the sim communnity as well as to real pilots in training. So in online flying I will go back and use the XP 430 and 530 and in preparing real flights on the sim I will use RXP for handling training. By the way it is not possible to put the current waypoints in manually, because they are not know by the database. Creating personal waypoints for every waypoint that comes up in a procedure is unrealistic. Too sad that your product can not be operated with an at least not completely outdated database!

@friese10 Hi, it is unfortunate but not a lost cause either:

You might want to start with the recommend posts...