Might help. 

Edited by TheBoom

Just did a flight from Flightbeam KSFO to KAUS in the NGX with settings as -

NVI limiter - 28.5

p3d limiter - unlimited

Gsync- Off

Vsync - off

TB - off. 

It went well, approx 25FPS at SFO (it was a night flight so DL was in use as well) and then max frames to the limiter the rest of the of way. Nice and smooth as well. Need to do another test flight in the day to see if any blurries

• Like 1

OMG. G sync with P3D would be used to eliminate tearing in the danger zone... 30 to 60 fps.

You would use a fps limiter if you had a 144 as those extra frames are a waste of GPU effort.

Set external limiter to 60, and G sync would enable smooth, tear free gameplay between 30 and 60..... which is exactly why you use it in the first place.

The vast majority of people have their settings way too high and are happy with 30 fps locked. So why gave an expensive G sync monitor ?

Sensible approach is to reduce settings, enjoy 60 fps smoothness, and rely on G sync when it drops below 60, at airports or in heavy weather.

Edited by Gabe777

And why exactly did you dig out this old post? To write "OMG"? No comment...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Because I hate all this misinformation.

"I use half refresh rate ...  AND use a limiter ....  It works !"

No.... Only the latter works. The limiter is limiting... Not the half refresh rate  which does not work in a windowed app.

OMG !

And it's hardly an old thread if you are running P3D and just bought an OLED that supports G sync and runs at 120 Hz.

It's actually on point !

Hardware now actually lets you run P3D at over 30 fps.... it didn't 2 years ago.

So it's more relevant now, than ever before. With a 2080Ti you can aim for 60.... Lock at 60 and G sync gives you smooth visuals between 40 and 60.

OK ?

Edited by Gabe777

I set my external limiter to 58.

In NCP: I set  G sync Enabled,

In P3DV5: set VSync &. TB off.

My Asus ROG (GSync) monitor set at 60Hz.

I run  P3DV5 HF2  smooth & tear free , between approx 30-58 FPS. 
Specs see  my sign

Jac 

PC Specs: 

/MoBo: Asus Rampage V Extreme/CPU: Intel ®  Core i7 5930k @ 3.5 Ghz OC 4.2 Ghz/CPU Cooling: Hydro series H100i / RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400MHz/ SSD: 4x Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512 GB/SSD: 1x Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB M.2 /PSU: Corsair RM  850

/GPU: NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 Ti OC 11 GB (Asus ROG STRIX Gaming) /Monitor:  Asus ROG 348Q Res, 3440x1440 / OC 100 Hz /OS: Windows 10 Professional 64 bit - Version Build 19041 

FlightSim: P3Dv5 HF2 & MSFS 2020 Hardware: Yoko Yoke+ ; Yoke TQ6+ 

I set unlimited in the sim.

Use FFTF Dynamic to manage the scenery processing timeslice allocation.

Set VSync  and TB on in the sim.

And chosse a screen mode with a Hz rate that will equal the ability of P3Ds FPS output.

Usually that's 30 hz, however depending on the flying area the Hz can be 50 or 60.

Result: a P3D frame rate sync'd with the Hz rate and super smooth output.

Cheers R

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

17 hours ago, Jac_49 said:

I set my external limiter to 58.

In NCP: I set  G sync Enabled,

In P3DV5: set VSync &. TB off.

My Asus ROG (GSync) monitor set at 60Hz.

I run  P3DV5 HF2  smooth & tear free , between approx 30-58 FPS. 
Specs see  my sign

Hi. So why 58 and not 60, as a matter of great interest ?

3 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

Hi. So why 58 and not 60, as a matter of great interest ?

because the monitor frequency is not exactly 60 Hz, in my case the monitor frequency is 59.56 Hz.  GSync tries with a setting of 60 Hz to reach that frequency of 60 Hz, which is therefore not possible, if you set the frequency 2Hz lower, it will succeed

• Upvote 1

Jac 

PC Specs: 

/MoBo: Asus Rampage V Extreme/CPU: Intel ®  Core i7 5930k @ 3.5 Ghz OC 4.2 Ghz/CPU Cooling: Hydro series H100i / RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400MHz/ SSD: 4x Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512 GB/SSD: 1x Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB M.2 /PSU: Corsair RM  850

/GPU: NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 Ti OC 11 GB (Asus ROG STRIX Gaming) /Monitor:  Asus ROG 348Q Res, 3440x1440 / OC 100 Hz /OS: Windows 10 Professional 64 bit - Version Build 19041 

I see. Brilliant. Thnx. Getting LG OLED and RTX card soon. Can't wait to try G sync.

Will bookmark this post.

Cheers 😀

Edited by Gabe777

5 minutes ago, Gabe777 said:

I see. Brilliant. Thnx. Getting LG OKED and RTX card soon. Can't wait to try G sync.

Will bookmark this post.

Cheers 😀

no thanks, with my pc in combination with the P3dV5 HF2 settings,  GSync works great for me.  Enjoy your new RTX and LG

👍

Jac 

PC Specs: