Sign in to follow this  
tasso1988

Nvidia driver 397.93 DXGI error

Thanks I’ll give this a try.  One thing I noticed is my gpu usage was consistently pegged the whole time and naturally the temps were rising.  I wonder if the latest driver has more overhead and it’s loading up the card.  I’ve seen posts suggesting to either raise or lower the voltage to get rid of the error but I haven’t messed with that yet.  

Joseph Catino

Nearly positive I've solved it on my computer by installing the April 2018 Windows Update. It automatically installed the latest NVIDIA 398.11 with it, and haven't had the DXGI crash so far.

How many users give feed back to Nvidia on issues, or as likely cant be bothered and roll back to the last driver, I have a do give feedback if I think it may be a driver issue but I have not had one for some time and update my drivers to latest, hence the fact Microsoft never install drivers on my system.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Yes, the latest Nvidia drivers gave me the same error with my GTX970 today.  I still think something with the release of P3D 4.2 is causing this on a wide scale.  People that never received the error prior to 4.2 all of a sudden starting seeing it.

• Like 2

I have used Nvidia drivers (all ok here, never had a DXGI error) with FSX Accel, P3Dv3.4, P3Dv4.2 and Win7-64 Pro:

388.71 (and previous drivers)
397.93 (as of 5-30-2018)

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

One of the Bug fix in 398.11 was the issue with the PC connected through display port 1.2, and another fixed the issue that prevented the user from selecting a bitrate 50Mbps for 4K resolution.  

PS I did not get this in windows update I use Geforce Experiece but do a custom install as you then only install the drivers if you want.

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

On 6/14/2018 at 7:23 PM, Greggy_D said:

Yes, the latest Nvidia drivers gave me the same error with my GTX970 today.  I still think something with the release of P3D 4.2 is causing this on a wide scale.  People that never received the error prior to 4.2 all of a sudden starting seeing it.

I agree with your statement above. I have posted this issue on P3D forums.  I do believe it is is a P3D V4.2 issue with what I described and extensively tested and posted in that thread.

https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=129802

• Upvote 1

AMD Threadripper 1950x 16 core, 32GB of RAM, SSD, Liquid Cooled. 

43 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Why doesn't anyone update to 398.11?

Ron,

I have been using 398.11 for two days now.

All ok so far.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

40 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Ron,

I have been using 398.11 for two days now.

All ok so far.

Me too, three days, a weekend's worth of flying and no issues. In fact I haven't had issues with any NVidia driver since....never. Of course I've had CTDs but they've all been down to various cock-ups, never 'wrong driver'.

I expect it'll turn out OK though. :smile:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Interestingly enough. I stopped using Nvidia inspector my CTD with this error stopped. 

AMD Threadripper 1950x 16 core, 32GB of RAM, SSD, Liquid Cooled. 

8 hours ago, ironcondor said:

Interestingly enough. I stopped using Nvidia inspector my CTD with this error stopped. 

When you say you stopped using it, what do you mean?

Profile Inspector is just like an extended version of the NVIDIA Control Panel. They are both there to change graphics card settings, not maintain them. Once you've changed a setting with Inspector, even if you subsequently uninstall Inspector, the setting remains the same unless you change it again with either Inspector or the NVIDIA Control Panel.

Edited by vortex681

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit