Sign in to follow this  
tasso1988

Nvidia driver 397.93 DXGI error

Ive been troubleshooting this error for a number of days. Seems to me the driver install got corrupted somehow. Just uninstalling and reinstalling, didnt fix it. But if you do a complete Clean reinstall, the error went away. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

11 hours ago, ironcondor said:

Interestingly enough. I stopped using Nvidia inspector my CTD with this error stopped. 

I have not had a DXGI error or CTD after using Nvidia Inspector.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

have to retract my above statement. After days of testing with no errors, I make that statement , and of course now it happens on preflight. go figure. Back to the drawing board

CYVR LSZH 

2 hours ago, HighTowers said:

have to retract my above statement. After days of testing with no errors, I make that statement , and of course now it happens on preflight. go figure. Back to the drawing board

Hi HighTowers. I have done extensive testing going back and forth and at least on my machine even with basic changes to NI I get DXGI errors. Try it without NI for several flights and days and test it. I have reverted to not using NI anymore. 

AMD Threadripper 1950x 16 core, 32GB of RAM, SSD, Liquid Cooled. 

9 minutes ago, ironcondor said:

Hi HighTowers. I have done extensive testing going back and forth and at least on my machine even with basic changes to NI I get DXGI errors. Try it without NI for several flights and days and test it. I have reverted to not using NI anymore. 

Can you give any situational setup instructions / settings so other pilots could to do a test to recreate the DXGI_Device_Removed_Error?

How to try it without NI?

Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

34 minutes ago, ironcondor said:

Thanks for the suggestion, but I dont have NI installed. Just use the NCP.

CYVR LSZH 

Hello,

I have the same problem.
i reinstalled an older driver -> 397.64
In nvidia control panel i set OFF the vsync and in nvidia inspector i use only frame limiter (35fps).
I have this problem SINCE i updated windows (April update-1803) AND i updated p3d from 4.1 to 4.2...  
Also i updated the add-ons for compatibily to p3d v4.2.

PS. Sorry for my bad english 

8 minutes ago, Simone99 said:

Hello,

I have the same problem.
i reinstalled an older driver -> 397.64
In nvidia control panel i set OFF the vsync and in nvidia inspector i use only frame limiter (35fps).
I have this problem SINCE i updated windows (April update-1803) AND i updated p3d from 4.1 to 4.2...  
Also i updated the add-ons for compatibily to p3d v4.2.

PS. Sorry for my bad english 

After all the changes you made how often are you now getting this problem?

Best Regards,

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

After all the changes you made how often are you now getting this problem?

This is the worst info..
I can't complete a flight because after takeoff (4-6 minutes) i get this error.
3 flight and 3 dxgi error...  now i am doing an another flight for test.
Above i wrote that i have vsync off in control panel, but i use this change only in that flight.

In this moment, after takeoff i don't get error (for now..).
I am already FL250 and don't get error.

So, for clarify:

In the first 3 flights i use:  Control panel vsync -> use 3d application
                                         Nvidia inspector -> only fps limiter
In this fourth flight:           Control panel vsync -> Off
                                         Nvidia inspector -> only fps limiter

I keep you updated

Edited by Simone99

Wow 😍 finally i finish a flight! No problem, no error. Very stable simulator.
I don't know if this change in Nvidia control panel is the resolution of problem, but for this flight is ok.
I do another flights tonight or tomorrow and i keep you update.

I did another flight (4 hours). No error.
In first page in this topic someone post a video to resolve the dxgi error.
I follow that video and i added TdrLevel in regedit.

So, my change is:
1) Add TdrLevel
2) In nvidia control panel -> Vsync to OFF
3) Nvidia inspector -> Only frame limiter (35fps)
4) Nvidia driver -> 397.64

I hope this can solve the problem to someone else.

PS: Anyway, TdrLevel isn't the solution. There is a problem with LM and Nvidia driver probably or another cause, because our Gpu don't complete the task or something and that create the error.
This is the page of microsoft about the Tdr registry keys: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/display/tdr-registry-keys

Edited by Simone99

I have been getting this error as well for the past week.  I thought it may be the TFDI 717 as I just started flying it again but also happended with QW 787. It seems to happen right at startup with aircraft at gate in most cases. I am on the latest Nvidia driver (398.11) and installed through GeFroce Experience.  I rolled back to previous driver and still had the issue....I may have to go back to an older one...or wait for P3D 4.3....

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I wonder if there is any common denominator here. Obviously its system dependent otherwise there would be ton more people affected and on here.  Perhaps its the brand of video card, or even the vram manufacturer thats used. I have an EVGA GTX 1070 SC black edition. Are others using EVGA?   Perhaps its overclocking. You may not overclock yourself , but many cards are sold as overclocked.  

I just removed EVGA Precision to keep an eye on my base clock and memory clock. Now using MSI afterburner.  Now it may be a premature fluke, but ive done 3 flights and no error. I said it last time that I thought I found the problem, but then it reared its ugly head suddenly. But you never know. 

Testing with afterburner and some GPU stress tests, if humming.  So I even upped the base and memory clock some more and did another flight. Still no error and temps are at 65. Maybe this is it. Maybe not but worth a look. 

CYVR LSZH 

I just got this today after updating to the latest driver. I was on an earlier version I believe from April. Plan on rolling back to then and see how it goes. Have a 1080Ti on P3D v4.3. Was fine for about 3.5hr and then got the error. My card is not OC either. 

Eric 

I have not had any problems with Nvidia Driver 398.36.

Best Regards,