Sign in to follow this  
tasso1988

Nvidia driver 397.93 DXGI error

This error is beating me like a wet noodle... rolled back to 368.81 (yes, I know that's quite a ways back) with my GTX970 and just updated to 4.3

From perusing around the inter web, the older drivers were optimized for the Maxwell chips (7/900) series, newer ones for the Pascals (10 series) is what I've seen mentioned a few times. Not sure if the shoe fits on this one, but at this point I'm willing to give it a go.

I haven't done extensive testing/loading (just a couple flights), but so far so good.

Jd

Hi Guys,

This issue has been driving me mental. I've tried that many variables of both drivers and settings. I stumbled onto something this morning. Check out this video dxgi fix

I was sceptical but since implementing the change i'm 11 hrs into a transatlantic flight, This is in combination with drivers 391.35 but I'm going to try the newest drivers after this flight. Let me know if this helps you!

Cheers, Tom

After a long time since the beginning of this problem, I have come to a conclusion. The problem is Nvidia Inspector and specifically the frame limiter (and probably for all). Currently I have installed penultimate driver and I can't use the frame limiter because it cause the dxgi error.

Have anyone tried with the latest drivers?

And also, someone is using NI with frame limiter without dxgi error? Which driver ?

Thanks at all, for me the frame limiter in NI is very helpful for my perfomance.

Simone

Yep later drivers give me DXGI errors too when using NVI limiter.

So internal sim limiter for me it is.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

I'm having this issue as well, in fact I've been working on it all afternoon.  I've tried almost every suggestion in this thread and still nothing. 

On 8/30/2018 at 6:08 PM, JA806A said:

I'm having this issue as well, in fact I've been working on it all afternoon.  I've tried almost every suggestion in this thread and still nothing. 

For me...when I stopped using Nvidia Inspector my DXGI device error  problems went away. Thats just me of course. 

AMD Threadripper 1950x 16 core, 32GB of RAM, SSD, Liquid Cooled. 

I just want to let others know, I've had several of these DXGI device driver errors since updating nvidia drivers over the last few months. The last couple drivers including the most recent drivers have been slamming my 970 at  99-100% GPU in P3D for no apparent reason. 

I downgraded back to 397.64 and everything is back to normal with GPU utilization averaging between 40-60%. So far no DXGI errors. Might be the end of the line for us 970 users. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

On 8/5/2018 at 6:03 AM, Simone99 said:

And also, someone is using NI with frame limiter without dxgi error? Which driver ?

Same question.  For me, I've never seen P3D smoother with 48 FPS locked in NI, 1/3 refresh rate (144 Hz monitor) with unlimited frames via settings.  Simply amazing smoothness.  Sadly, with this error, I'm stuck with pretty noticeable stutters and FPS swings with the internal limiters.

Just not the same.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Any News on this Problem? Are the newer drivers better or is the rollback to an old driver the only solution, to use NVI FPS Limiter?