Sign in to follow this  
tasso1988

Nvidia driver 397.93 DXGI error

Hello, have anyone experienced the following issue with the new Nvidia 397.93 driver? 

The P3D v 4.2 crashes to desktop midflight with the following message:  DXGI Error Device Removed. 

I have experienced this several times with this driver, dont have such problem in other applications or with the previous versions of Nvidia drivers. 

Specs - i7-7000k OC at 4.6 Ghz, EVGA Geforce 1080 ti SC2 (not overclocked), 16 GB RAM. 

I run 1080p resolution and use Nvidia inspector 1/2 refresh rate vsync function and fps limiter of  30,5 fps. 

I had this problem and ended up going back to earlier version of the Nvidia driver and problem resolved.

Hi

just yesterday I had this problem. I removed the driver, cleaned shader folder and reinstalled it ( same driver). Have not tried P3d yet.

i have GTX 1080Ti

hi demar55 which driver are you using ? 

Thanks

I kept getting the same error with 397.93. Even the new ones that came out today (398.11) do this unfortunately. Rolling back to any version before 397.93 fixes it.

What I find very interesting is that we are using the exact same nvidia inspector settings. "1080p resolution and use Nvidia inspector 1/2 refresh rate vsync function and fps limiter of  30,5 fps." This is precisely what I use. I'm wondering if it has to do with the 1/2 refresh rate sync.

Hi all,

I had the same issue, same settings in nvidia inspector but my vsync is off. Maybe the limiter to 30.5 fps

Found this post because I was having the same issue.  It’s related to the profile inspector frame rate limiter.  After extensive testing I found that the profile inspector frame limit was clashing with nvidia control panel vsync.  Once I set vsync to “off” in nv control panel I was able to use the frame rate limiter from profile inspector without issue.  Just did a 10 hour flight with no hiccups.  So to summarize, this setup gets me the smoothest experience without any crashing;

nvidia control panel - vsync off

nvidia profile inspector- 30.5 (or whatever you want)

p3d vsync - off

p3d internal frame limit - unlimited

Edited by deimos256

Joseph Catino

Interesting. Although I have set NVIDIA control panel Vsync to "use program setting". When I turn VSync off in P3D I get nasty screen tearing. I will try the new driver with these settings.

Tested various configurations. I do believe there is some truth to the fact that the FPS limiter is conflicting with VSync, but its not just Nvidia control panel VSync. I'm getting it with P3D Vsync as well.

I'm running on a laptop, so I can't change much with my display. I have to use VSync in P3D or else my screen tears every half second. Will probably just rollback drivers again and hope it's fixed in a future driver update.

Well every system will probably behave slightly different.  I’ve found that in game vsync settings have never given me good results so 99% of the time I force vsync from nvidia control panel.  Give my settings a try, I’d be interested in seeing the results from other systems.  

Joseph Catino

I did, but as I said, disabling VSync in P3D (even if its on or off in Nvidia control panel) makes things unplayable. So yes, system to system will vary, but I think you're right about the frame rate limiter being the culprit.

I’m not too sure who develops profile inspector but I believe the latest version is a good 2 years old, so perhaps it’s time for some updating of it.  

Joseph Catino

A download link for the latest nVidia Profile Inspector (early 2018) near the bottom of this page:

https://www.asylab.com/single-post/2018/03/23/NVIDIA-Profile-Inspector-21320

Doubtful that nVidia Control Panel and nVidia Profile Inspector are conflicting with each other... they do the same thing: Set registry flags for the nVidia drivers.  Indeed, making a setting in nVidia Profile Inspector will change the setting in nVidia Control Panel (as long as both settings are in both programs... nVidia Profile Inspector offers far more control of in-game settings).

Greg