Sign in to follow this  
jt8d9a

Manchester for XP...

Hi,

i want to buy a scenery for Manchester, but i´m not sure which version is better.

The UK2000 or the Aerosoft version. Does anybody have the UK2000 or AS version and can recommend it?

Thanks in advance!

Nils

Well, the Aerosoft Version from Project Icarus was in my Opinion the best Airport for X-Plane 10!

But there is only so much they were able to do in X-Plane 10 even if it runs in X-Plane 11:

But nonetheless, a short time ago my Opinion was ( https://www.simflight.de/2017/10/05/aerosofts-stuttgart-uk2000-manchester-und-project-icarus-valencia-fuer-x-plane-11/ ) that it is better than the new UK2000 Version.

But UK2000 made an Update and see how it looks now:

IMHO the new Version from UK2000 is now much better.

It was no accident that I came from Barton. I wanted to get an impression how it might look with Orbx TrueEarth England.

Many thanks, Karsten!

Does the new version by UK2000 allow AI traffic (taxi routes)? I think i will buy Project Icarus because i did read a few negative things about UK2000 (bad FSXtoXP conversions).

17 hours ago, jt8d9a said:

Many thanks, Karsten!

Does the new version by UK2000 allow AI traffic (taxi routes)?

Yes, since its Update to 2.2 that was released end of April it supports AI Traffic, World Traffic 3 and Static Aircrafts.

They had in the beginning sveral big problems, but what can we expect, when the original designers try to find their own way into a new plattform. But they are learning and they can now deliver on a level where many of the smaller distributors can't compete.

After Aberdeen and Stanste3d I was fed up with UK2000. But after Gatwick got Traffic, the Manchester Update, East Midland and Luton they got me back (I haven`t found time for Edinburgh yet).

Biggest problem with XP airports is how is the ground layer rendered.

I have just got into XP and use a variety of stock, Ortho and Orbx TrueEarth. They ALL look different !

So, will an airport blend in with any or all of these possibilities?

UK2000 never blended in with anything other than FSX Horizon photoscenery.

For the latest ones he started blending it in with FTX for P3D but only for Summer.

Guessing XP will be an even bigger hot mess, for any developer.

To be fair, it can't be easy.

Edited by Gabe777