Sign in to follow this  
jimh

P3D4 Scenario Aircraft Incomplete?

Hi,

I'm completely new to PMDG and the 737ngx.  When, in P3D4, I select the aircraft to begin tutorial 1, the revolving 737 is incomplete, showing the interior in both sides.  Is this likely to cause me a problem and if so what should I do?  I've carried out a repair of the 737-NGX installation but no change.

Thanks, Jim

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.

Did you purchase the 737ngx that was made for P3DV4?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

22 minutes ago, jimh said:

I'm completely new to PMDG and the 737ngx.  When, in P3D4, I select the aircraft to begin tutorial 1, the revolving 737 is incomplete, showing the interior in both sides.  Is this likely to cause me a problem and if so what should I do?

Sounds like you might have saved the NGX as the default aircraft. Might this be the case? If so, the NGX (or any other complex add-on for that matter) should not be set as the default. All the same, a visual oddity in the selection screen isn't likely to cause issues with its functionality.

You may also want to check to be sure you're using the proper drivers for your graphics.

24 minutes ago, jimh said:

I've carried out a repair of the 737-NGX installation but no change.

Uninstall/reinstall and/or repairs usually don't fix much unless someone specifically directs you to try that, as that method is only relevant in rare instances, despite so many people suggesting it as a possible fix.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks, Guys.

I did purchase the P3D4 version of the NGX from PMDG, and it is not part of the default flight which is just as LM provided.  I have seen this anomaly before, but only with freeware aircraft.  I'd just like everything to be just so for my first venture with PMDG.

Regards, Jim

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.

1 hour ago, jimh said:

Thanks, Guys.

I did purchase the P3D4 version of the NGX from PMDG, and it is not part of the default flight which is just as LM provided.  I have seen this anomaly before, but only with freeware aircraft.  I'd just like everything to be just so for my first venture with PMDG.

Regards, Jim

I think terminology is mixed.  What Kyle means when he says do not set the default flight to the PMDG aircraft means that when you start P3D the Scenario Setup screen should be first to show, and the airplane spinning around in the window should NOT be the NGX.... rather, it needs to be a default aircraft such as the F22 or BE58.

Also, if there are missing textures from the aircraft in the spinning window it does not necessarily mean that the selection will not work as intended.  The preview window is just that, a preview.  Some video cards or drivers might not render the preview completely.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you.  The problem disappeared in time.

Jim