Sign in to follow this  
thijm20

Black Flashes P3D v4.2

Hey!

I am having a problem with Prepar3D v4.2, but also on lower V4 versions..

When I am flying, or just on the ground I get black flashes on the screen ( https://youtu.be/r6XMLGa1ymo )

I tried lowering the graphics in settings, but it won't work.

My system specs:

Prepar3d V4.2.21.24048

i7-4790 @ 3.60GHz

NVIDIA GTX 1050ti 4gb

16 RAM

Hi

Update or re-install your graphics card driver

Paul 

Hi thijm20

I had similar problem in P3D after Windows 10 version 1803 update and could fix it by enabling Triple buffering and Vsync in the settings.

If the Vsync/Triple Buff didn't resolve the flickering/black flashing than also reduce the Target Framerate to 60 or less  (do not use unlimited)

Edited by herman747
  • Upvote 1

On 6/7/2018 at 11:51 PM, herman747 said:

Hi thijm20

I had similar problem in P3D after Windows 10 version 1803 update and could fix it by enabling Triple buffering and Vsync in the settings.

If the Vsync/Triple Buff didn't resolve the flickering/black flashing than also reduce the Target Framerate to 60 or less  (do not use unlimited)

Thank you! It worked!!

Ok but what is the reason for this and how can it happen that it gets introduced for ppl in different windows versions?

Just saw this topic now. We have the same problem now after 1809 update. Never had it before.

BetaTeamB.png

On 6/7/2018 at 5:51 PM, herman747 said:

Hi thijm20

Same problem, just switched to W10. Triple buffering and Vsync fixed it immediately.  Thanks. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Vsync = On limits the framerate to the monitor refresh. The P3D view might flicker with a higher framerate output than the desktop monitor display rate. Unlimited + VSync = Off is a test mode in P3D so it's not usually needed anyway. This is because P3D is always a desktop window and does not have a vertical synchronise setting, that's controlled by the desktop setting. You can get systems that do not flicker with higher fps output, the extra frames are simply discarded in the system. There's a lot of variables to alter the behaviour of systems. Games that use the Exclusive mode fullscreen do not have a problem running 120fps on a 60Hz monitor.

• Like 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com