Sign in to follow this  
flyeer

P3D V4.2 Approach Autogen Loading Problem

On 6/5/2018 at 9:35 AM, flyeer said:

Hi everyone

During Departure and Cruise I haven't any problem.But during Approach and landing there is no Autogen.. Terrain is like Photoreal no buildings no tress ? What can be the problem because in P3D V4.1 I didn't had a problem like this with the same settings.

HyperX Fury DDR4  2 x 8 GB 2400MHz

LM recommends at least 2666Mhz ....I'd recommend at least 3000Mhz

Have you experimented with HT off ....or at the very least maybe different AM settings.

27 minutes ago, pmb said:

There's (another) thread running on this at the LM Prepar3d forum, including several videos reproducing the issue.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=130120

Feel free to kindly ask them to reconsider the issue in case you are another victim.

The issue for most of us is not autogen loading as such but loading in patches with any setting above Medium.

Kind regards, Michael

I think the OP's issue is different.

The OP is complaining of no autogen after there was during the two previous phases of his flight.

Edited by FunknNasty

36 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Problems with autogen loading is related to too high settings for the hardware or too much CPU load of addons and stuff.

No update will grow better hardware. Reduce autogen settings or unload addons from your CPU (second PC, locking cores with Process lasso etc.).

The fact destroying your rather zynical and wrong conclusion is: at least on my end, there was no issue with autogen loading late and in patches in v4.0. I could easily fly for example from LSZB to LFMN with a Piper Malibu down the Rhone valley, always autogen to the end of my vision (draw distance set to "very high"). Now, if I recreate the same flight, autogen starts loading late and in Patches already at about 10 Minutes into flight even with autogen draw distance reduced to "high". Only if I reduce it further down to medium, it can catch up.

In one of the earlier threads on prepar3d.com, there was even the suggestion of one of the LM guys (Rob McCarthy) to use nothing more than "medium" to avoid this. Sorry to say, but such advice is simply ridiculous. Especially if it WAS working in earlier versions.

But well, whatever. It is addressed in the official forums, nothing more we can do about it...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Hopefully, they will resolve the problem by the time that v5 is released :tongue:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png