Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

Please suggest a good add on for a UK international aiprort

2 hours ago, tooting said:

Uk2000 is terrible.  Gary still seems to think it's 2005 with his unoptimised gash coding.  All of his sceneries look the same, bland and boring. 

Harsh. But true. Definitely showing its age.

But still looks good on occasion...

777toga1.jpg

55 minutes ago, ganter said:

Harsh. But true. Definitely showing its age.

But still looks good on occasion...

I hope you’re not serious expecting anyone to form a judgement on UK2000 EGCC based on that image. 🙄

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

16 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I hope you’re not serious expecting anyone to form a judgement on UK2000 EGCC based on that image. 🙄

Ive worked around the area nearly half my life, im 41. LGW nowdays looks nothing like that.

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

7 minutes ago, tooting said:

Ive worked around the area nearly half my life, im 41. LGW nowdays looks nothing like that.

Quite why @ganter chose to post a shot of EGKK (not EGCC as I initially thought) is something only he can answer.

Gary does a damn good job considering most of the UK airports are available from UK2000. Yes, if you work there it’s easy to pull it to pieces but you represent a tiny minority. I know EGCC pretty well and the UK2000 version is a decent representation given the constraints imposed by a 32-bit program.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

34 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Quite why @ganter chose to post a shot of EGKK (not EGCC as I initially thought) is something only he can answer.

Gary does a damn good job considering most of the UK airports are available from UK2000. Yes, if you work there it’s easy to pull it to pieces but you represent a tiny minority. I know EGCC pretty well and the UK2000 version is a decent representation given the constraints imposed by a 32-bit program.

Because I mentioned not to buy EGKK.  

If you think gatters looks that dull, boring , lifeless and blocky as Garys scenery suggests you might need some more glasses Ray.  Its junk when you compare it to other developers. 

Ill wager a bet when jennasoft makes his it will kick the crap out of garys,  which woudnt be difficult

14ppkc-6.png

6 minutes ago, tooting said:

Because I mentioned not to buy EGKK.  

If you think gatters looks that dull, boring , lifeless and blocky as Garys scenery suggests you might need some more glasses Ray.  Its junk when you compare it to other developers. 

Ill wager a bet when jennasoft makes his it will kick the crap out of garys,  which woudnt be difficult

Gatwick looks fine to me. It’s a balance between number of objects and performance. Put too much detail in and FPS drops significantly.

This thread is not a vehicle to slag off a developer who has given the flight sim community so much. You’re out of order calling it ‘junk’ and suggesting I need better glasses is not endearing you to me.

• Upvote 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

All I can say my EGKK looks nothing like that in P3DV4, I would be re-tweaking my sim if it did. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Absolute dribble being spoken here. UK2000 has scenery that no one else has made, like EGGD Bristol International, not to mention GA fields.

Give the man a break!

Also like how he uses his brain and put a little thought into his scenery. Take other developers that like to include a high detail city around a massive international vas / memory consuming  airport, without the option to remove the city, making the whole scenery useless. 

• Upvote 4

Luke Pype

15 hours ago, tooting said:

No this is avsim. Everything has to be fluffy and lovely otherwise people get offended. 

Uk2000 is terrible.  Gary still seems to think it's 2005 with his unoptimised gash coding.  All of his sceneries look the same, bland and boring.  

Did Gary something special to you or why do you like him so much?

Show some respect.

• Upvote 2

Well, you know what they say about opinions.....

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Steady on everyone. It's only a game.

I still rate ukscenery 2000 EGKK as my favourite airport. The pic I posted earlier looks pants. I usually lurk over in the cargo area. Looks great at night.

121.jpg

1211.jpg

the people you argue with come here daily to start arguments, they do this every week and they do it to feel better about the lives they hate, smarten up everyone and dont bite on trolls. one of them thought it was funny to put a picture of George Soros in his profile. Dont argue with UKIP

Edited by Boeing or not going
  • Like 1

I agree that UK2000 airports aren't exactly the most stunning looking, and their surrounding areas are pretty poor, but let's be fair. You get what you pay for. They are half the price of most of Flightbeam, Aerosoft and many other major software developers. It's unfair to expect high quality airports at those prices. Gary gives customers an option of buying lesser quality airports at very affordable prices, and he should be commended for that.

Edited by nealmac
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

18 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

This thread is not a vehicle to slag off a developer who has given the flight sim community so much. You’re out of order calling it ‘junk’ and suggesting I need better glasses is not endearing you to me.

+1

To be honest, I'm embarrassed to be a Brit, reading some of the diatribe in this thread. UK2000 airports aren't the most 'visually obsessive' - I'm glad; I never fail to get excellent performance and frames at them and they are more than good enough.  Also, consider cost - it's not like Gary is charging £35 each for them - actually, half that.

Not everyone wants the 'glassy' looking Flightbeam look, nor working elevators in the terminal and toilets that flush.

Total lack of reasonable decency and respect from a tiny minority in this thread - you stick out like a sore thumb; not because of your opinion on UK2000 products, but your lack of measure and reasonableness in expressing that opinion.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

34 minutes ago, Boeing or not going said:

the people you argue with come here daily to start arguments, they do this every week and they do it to feel better about the lives they hate, smarten up everyone and dont bite on trolls. one of them thought it was funny to put a picture of George Soros in his profile. Dont argue with UKIP

Let’s not bring politics into the discussion as it’s not relevant. Regarding arguing with trolls I don’t believe they are. Just people who have an interest like you and I but lack tact and hit submit reply before they consider if what they’ve written is reasonable.

I won’t let comments I believe to be unreasonable go unchallenged. If you do then newcomers might get the wrong opinion of decent scenery and that is unfair to the developer.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather