Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

Please suggest a good add on for a UK international aiprort

47 minutes ago, ganter said:

Steady on everyone. It's only a game.

No it’s not. It’s a simulation that some people spend a small fortune on. Games are for kids.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I'm Sure Gary Is a good bloke, but in my opinion his sceneries are bland and boring. It's as simple as that and that's my opinion just because you don't agree is neither here nor there. 

For example, I can't cook to save the life of me.  My brother on the other hand is a natural.  

If I put a plate of my spaghetti bologniase in front of you,  you would find it boring, tasteless and bland.  I've made it like that for 20 years. 

If my brother on the other hand now if he put is plate  on in front of you it would look amazing with some green fancy stuff on it, he will fold the napkin to make it look like a peacock and it would smell amazing and taste devine.   Worth every penny. 

This is the issue here, this is the difference between dishes, but I've been churning out the same boring 🍝 all my life. 

Most people given the choice would go with my brothers 🍝 but that doesn't mean we are better or worse people, he makes a better spaghetti, mine is junk. 

There are 2 spaghetti bologniase here a uk2000 one and a FlyTampa / orbx one

14ppkc-6.png

Don't misunderstand me here. There are a number of textures that I would like to see improved at a handful of UK2000 Xtreme airports, but most of them do the job well enough. I am very happy with the quality of Gary's airports in P3D, and look forward to every one, which is why his decision to take a summer break from airport building to attend to other software issues that need to be addressed is particularly painful! I (and no doubt many other users) have been waiting for an Xtreme version of EGHH Bournemouth (the next airport on the list) for a long time, and that will be followed by a much needed remake of Belfast Aldergrove. The key here is that.....when Gary decides to resume his airport building work, we will not have to wait two years to see the fruit fall from the tree :smile:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

55 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Let’s not bring politics into the discussion as it’s not relevant. Regarding arguing with trolls I don’t believe they are. Just people who have an interest like you and I but lack tact and hit submit reply before they consider if what they’ve written is reasonable.

I won’t let comments I believe to be unreasonable go unchallenged. If you do then newcomers might get the wrong opinion of decent scenery and that is unfair to the developer.

They have an interest in always being negative, and one shows that he's over 40 and still visits 4chan. Everyone move on and mark a note that engaging them is feeding their negativity

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

No it’s not. It’s a simulation that some people spend a small fortune on. Games are for kids.

Umm, sorry Ray, it doesn't matter how much you spend on it - I've spent well over a grand on add-on aircraft and another few hundred on sceneries - add that to the PC I built specifically to sim and you have a bill of maybe £4000 plus but it's still a computer game. To see it as anything more than that is to display, err, a slightly questionable mindset.

...just sayin'

@ganter, this is the P3D forum, not the FSX one. Remind yourself of LMs T&Cs. That’s all I have to say. 

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

8 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@ganter, this is the P3D forum, not the FSX one. Remind yourself of LMs T&Cs. That’s all I have to say. 

Yes, those old T&C's by LM - "Don't mention the licence - I did, but I think I got away with it..." - pure John Cleese.

Wilco.

Mind if I do it another time - got this bird to fly.

spit1.jpg

On 6/8/2018 at 5:53 PM, tooting said:

I'm Sure Gary Is a good bloke, but in my opinion his sceneries are bland and boring. It's as simple as that and that's my opinion just because you don't agree is neither here nor there. 

For example, I can't cook to save the life of me.  My brother on the other hand is a natural.  

If I put a plate of my spaghetti bologniase in front of you,  you would find it boring, tasteless and bland.  I've made it like that for 20 years. 

If my brother on the other hand now if he put is plate  on in front of you it would look amazing with some green fancy stuff on it, he will fold the napkin to make it look like a peacock and it would smell amazing and taste devine.   Worth every penny. 

This is the issue here, this is the difference between dishes, but I've been churning out the same boring 🍝 all my life. 

Most people given the choice would go with my brothers 🍝 but that doesn't mean we are better or worse people, he makes a better spaghetti, mine is junk. 

There are 2 spaghetti bologniase here a uk2000 one and a FlyTampa / orbx one

Except is not as simple as that. While his airport sceneries are indeed of a "lower" quality, you fail to mention that they are half the price of what most other major developers charge. You're comparing apples with oranges.

• Like 1

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

1 hour ago, nealmac said:

Except is not as simple as that. While his airport sceneries are indeed of a "lower" quality, you fail to mention that they are half the price of what most other major developers charge. You're comparing apples with oranges.

But even this is wrong.  I think Gary does a pretty good job, the trouble is UK airports are very bland in general they were mostly built / rebuilt in the 60s, consequently they have that brutalist bland look like Preston Bus station.  It's easier for Fly-Tampa to make Dubai look fantastic than for Gary to make Manchester look good, even the surrounding areas improve the airport.

In my opinion the UK2000 EGLLv3 looks better (and is easier on performance) than the Aerosoft version.

• Like 1

Ian R Tyldesley

18 hours ago, WotanUK said:

But even this is wrong.  I think Gary does a pretty good job, the trouble is UK airports are very bland in general they were mostly built / rebuilt in the 60s, consequently they have that brutalist bland look like Preston Bus station.  It's easier for Fly-Tampa to make Dubai look fantastic than for Gary to make Manchester look good, even the surrounding areas improve the airport.

In my opinion the UK2000 EGLLv3 looks better (and is easier on performance) than the Aerosoft version.

Maybe so. But all I'm saying is that people are very quick to criticise UK2000's quality wthout factoring in how affordable they are to buy. Like I said, comparing apples and oranges.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

3 hours ago, nealmac said:

Maybe so. But all I'm saying is that people are very quick to criticise UK2000's quality wthout factoring in how affordable they are to buy. Like I said, comparing apples and oranges.

Gary's UK2000 airports have been excellent in that nearly every UK airport is available in FSX with the P3D, and now, the XP product range being brought up to speed. The fact that the country is so well covered, with many regional airfields present is great for us UK-based simmers.

Where I disagree is with the price/quality argument is when you compare the once leading texturing of his products to moderately-priced products from other developers.
Take FSDG's Heraklion scenery from 2015 for €18. Alternatively, see Digital Design's recent Tenerife South release, available for €19.
These two developers are pricing in the same range as UK2000, and for me, there is no comparison. The texture work of these two is of a much higher standard and with no noticeable performance difference.

I hope that now FS9 compatibility has been dropped from future products, Gary can at the very least make his products competitive, otherwise I have bought my last scenery from him.

Edited by F737NG
Readability
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, F737NG said:

Where I disagree with the price/quality argument is when you compare the once leading texturing of his products to moderately-priced products from other developers.
Take FSDG's Heraklion scenery from 2015 for €18. Alternatively, see Digital Design's recent Tenerife South release, available for €19.
These two developers are pricing in the same range as UK2000, and for me, there is no comparison. The texture work of these two is of a much higher standard and with no noticeable performance difference

I have Tenerife South and the building textures are nice. But compared to Manchester it's a tiny airport. For pound per gate Gary's is much better value. Ditto for Gatwick too.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 6/8/2018 at 5:46 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Steady on Ray, as I also like playing Pubg.😳

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

1 minute ago, eaim said:

Steady on Ray, as I also like playing Pubg.😳

Pubg? Did you hit send prematurely? :biggrin:

Edited by Ray Proudfoot

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I have Tenerife South and the building textures are nice. But compared to Manchester it's a tiny airport. For pound per gate Gary's is much better value. Ditto for Gatwick too.

Yet larger than the similarly priced Bristol, Southend, Humberside, Norwich, Exeter, etc.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter