Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

Please suggest a good add on for a UK international aiprort

9 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Yet larger than the similarly priced Bristol, Southend, Humberside, Norwich, Exeter, etc.

Maybe some airports are more difficult to get the required photos. A standard price means you gain on the big ones and lose on the smaller. Easier to manage. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

11 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Pubg? Did you hit send prematurely? :biggrin:

It stands for Player Unkown Battlegrounds.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

2 minutes ago, eaim said:

It stands for Player Unkown Battlegrounds.

Never heard of it! But then again, I don't play games. :biggrin::wink:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, F737NG said:

Gary's UK2000 airports have been excellent in that nearly every UK airport is available in FSX with the P3D, and now, the XP product range being brought up to speed. The fact that the country is so well covered, with many regional airfields present is great for us UK-based simmers.

Where I disagree is with the price/quality argument is when you compare the once leading texturing of his products to moderately-priced products from other developers.
Take FSDG's Heraklion scenery from 2015 for €18. Alternatively, see Digital Design's recent Tenerife South release, available for €19.
These two developers are pricing in the same range as UK2000, and for me, there is no comparison. The texture work of these two is of a much higher standard and with no noticeable performance difference.

I hope that now FS9 compatibility has been dropped from future products, Gary can at the very least make his products competitive, otherwise I have bought my last scenery from him.

I think you may have misinterpreted my post. I never once said that there were developers that didn't offer better quality at an affordable price. I'm saying that Gary's airports are cheaper than a lot of leading developers.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

The UK airport scene would be a barren wasteland without Gary Summons and UK2000. That alone is priceless to me.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Never heard of it! But then again, I don't play games. :biggrin::wink:

I hadn't until Matt Davies got me into it.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

5 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

The UK airport scene would be a barren wasteland without Gary Summons and UK2000. That alone is priceless to me.

Yup, We also have to bear in mind that many flight simmers like to operate flights from places they know, often where they live in fact. There are many more people doing that in the US than there ever would be in the UK, it's just a fact from the size of the two nations, so obviously there are going to be more sales of US airport sceneries than UK ones, and that means a developer dedicated to making UK sceneries has to balance how much time he/she can spend creating them, and therefore the level of detail to include and the price one could charge in order to make it worth the effort of doing so. That's just how the economy of scale works, it is an inescapable business fact.

Beyond this, there is another good reason to go a bit simpler with UK airport sceneries, and that is the relative proximity of major airports in the UK to one another. For example, if you come into Manchester via MIRSI for 5L or 5R, you come right over Liverpool Airport, so your sim won't only be loading in EGCC scenery and traffic, but also EGGP scenery and traffic as well, and then EGCB Barton as well because these three airports are well within a 50 mile radius of one another. That's a lot of AI traffic loaded in and affecting frame rates when you get on finals, what with FlyBe, Ryanair, Easyjet, Jet 2 and Thomson hammering loads of flights in and out of both those major airports plus loads of PPL training flights out of Barton and all the stuff flying up the UK's main jetway too in order to reach the North Atlantic Tracks, which includes many flights from as far south as Italy coming right up north before turning left to cross the pond. Often those Ezy and Ryan jetliners at Liverpool and Manchester are only on the ground for 25 mins between flights, so it's a lot of movement on the ground to contend with as well, and that's not even considering any of the other carriers operating from the region, including Etihad, Emirates, Virgin, BA, Singapore, Lufthansa, Scandinavia, Norwegian, Finnair, DHL, Fed Ex, Thomas Cook, Condor etc. Going mental on the detail at an airport like that is not a smart thing to do and is in fact exactly why I like UK2000 products, they look detailed enough, but don't bloat your system..

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

7 hours ago, Chock said:

Yup, We also have to bear in mind that many flight simmers like to operate flights from places they know, often where they live in fact. There are many more people doing that in the US than there ever would be in the UK, it's just a fact from the size of the two nations, so obviously there are going to be more sales of US airport sceneries than UK ones, and that means a developer dedicated to making UK sceneries has to balance how much time he/she can spend creating them, and therefore the level of detail to include and the price one could charge in order to make it worth the effort of doing so. That's just how the economy of scale works, it is an inescapable business fact.

Beyond this, there is another good reason to go a bit simpler with UK airport sceneries, and that is the relative proximity of major airports in the UK to one another. For example, if you come into Manchester via MIRSI for 5L or 5R, you come right over Liverpool Airport, so your sim won't only be loading in EGCC scenery and traffic, but also EGGP scenery and traffic as well, and then EGCB Barton as well because these three airports are well within a 50 mile radius of one another. That's a lot of AI traffic loaded in and affecting frame rates when you get on finals, what with FlyBe, Ryanair, Easyjet, Jet 2 and Thomson hammering loads of flights in and out of both those major airports plus loads of PPL training flights out of Barton and all the stuff flying up the UK's main jetway too in order to reach the North Atlantic Tracks, which includes many flights from as far south as Italy coming right up north before turning left to cross the pond. Often those Ezy and Ryan jetliners at Liverpool and Manchester are only on the ground for 25 mins between flights, so it's a lot of movement on the ground to contend with as well, and that's not even considering any of the other carriers operating from the region, including Etihad, Emirates, Virgin, BA, Singapore, Lufthansa, Scandinavia, Norwegian, Finnair, DHL, Fed Ex, Thomas Cook, Condor etc. Going mental on the detail at an airport like that is not a smart thing to do and is in fact exactly why I like UK2000 products, they look detailed enough, but don't bloat your system..

This is the post that sums it up perfectly. Uk2000 sceneries are a balance - and a right good one.

I get a discount with my VA which means I pick up any of the UK2000 airports for £13 each. £13 is an absolute bargain for what you get, and how much time and effort has gone into them.

Further more, this is in no way bashing the previous screen shots posted here, but the scenery details must be pretty low as my UK2000 airports look nothing like them. Putting aside the basic nature of some of the buildings, my airports look sharp, detailed, and crystal clear with great frames across the board.

For £13 a pop I feel as if I have robbed the developer. As for being ashamed of being British. What a strange thing to say. 

On a side note (and responding to one of Alan's earlier posts in this thread), I am really surprised that TUI operate the Boeing 787 from Aberdeen Airport. Where does it park?? The wingspan is huge when compared to the normal 737s and A320s that park on the main apron :blink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

42 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Where does it park??

The pub.🍺

• Like 1

LGW nowadays looks nothing like that

I am genuinely curious, Pete.....what is it about Gary's rendition of Gatwick that is totally different from the real world airport? What exactly do you mean by the above comment?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

46 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I am genuinely curious, Pete.....what is it about Gary's rendition of Gatwick that is totally different from the real world airport? What exactly do you mean by the above comment?

South Terminal pier 2 and 1 have been quite radiacally modified.

Also, BA are now at South Terminal and the rotary pier 3 and Easyjet are on the North Terminal. There's a few more portacabins dotted around but Gary has sort of covered most of that in his V4 Gatwick Extreme.

UK2000 Gatwick Xtreme v4 includes the new South Terminal Pier 1, most of the South Terminal gates include the BA code, and most of the Easyjet planes are using the North Terminal.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

UK2000 Gatwick Xtreme v4 includes the new South Terminal Pier 1, most of the South Terminal gates include the BA code, and most of the Easyjet planes are using the North Terminal.

Is there an echo in here?