Sign in to follow this  
mikebxb

Before I pull the trigger.

Am really excited about this C421. I fly the Alabeo 310R old Carenado 340II and the 441 Conquest. Besides the panel layout appearing to be the best with the old steam gauges and ability to integrate GTN750..

My question is can someone that has the 310R or Conquest tell me how the graphics (interior, gauges specifically) compare?  I'm hoping the 421 has crisper , more readable gauges.  

[the 340II is old so not a fair comparison]

Appreciate all the interest and good info on this A/C most of us piston twin fans have been longing for.

Edited by mikebxb

2 Monitors, 240G SSD.FSX:Steam with UTX USA Scenery, ORBX Base, Buildings, Airports, NorCAL, Steam addon- Airports, Trees, Milviz310R, Alabeo310R, Flight1 GTN750/650, Carenado- TBM850, Baron, Arrow, V35, F33, C441, 421C, Phenom 100, Premier 1A, RA Duke B60 V2, RA Duke Turbine V2,  Active Sky Next always running real WX. Skyvector 

As you are probably aware, the Flysimware C441 is vastly better than the Alabeo C441 in terms of simulation, not as much of a looker it's true, but it is pretty much a case in point and something to be aware of with the ethos of Carenado/Alabeo products in comparison to others. Nobody would deny the visual appeal of Carenado/Alabeo's catalogue, although even that is occasionally subject to errors, for example, there are typos on the placarding of the Alabeo C441 which let it down visually (although this is an easy texture fix to be honest, but it is indicative of sloppiness in the work that such a typo made it through to release).

What's under the hood can occasionally be somewhat superficial with Alabeo and Carenado products, especially with the simulation of a more complex turboprop engines/avionics, and nowhere is this more evident than with the C441 from Alabeo, which is not even close to the simulation detail of the systems and engine/prop which is exhibited in the FlySimware C441, and whilst being visually inferior to the Alabeo offering, it is ultimately a much better simulation of the real aeroplane if that is your main priority.

If visuals are your priority however, Alabeo/Carenado offer a prime choice at a good price and I would not wish to slam their products en mass, some of them are really great, so this is a very broadly-based criticism and not intended to be a completely damning one.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Back to the actual question... The gauges are about as crisp as I have seen them in any of my airplanes.

I only have my resolution set to 2048, but the gauges are actually 4096.. so I do not think you will be disappointed on that score.

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

thanks Bert. I just downloaded it. How do you get the gtn750 IN to the panel) I have it configured in the Flight1 configurator. but its in the drop down stack.I thought this aircraft had it "integrated" like the 310 or Duke....? perplexed.  nevermind... good old Total Commander peek at the directory ...found the obscure F1GTH750C421C file.....

Edited by mikebxb

2 Monitors, 240G SSD.FSX:Steam with UTX USA Scenery, ORBX Base, Buildings, Airports, NorCAL, Steam addon- Airports, Trees, Milviz310R, Alabeo310R, Flight1 GTN750/650, Carenado- TBM850, Baron, Arrow, V35, F33, C441, 421C, Phenom 100, Premier 1A, RA Duke B60 V2, RA Duke Turbine V2,  Active Sky Next always running real WX. Skyvector 

38 minutes ago, mikebxb said:

nevermind... good old Total Commander peek at the directory ...found the obscure F1GTH750C421C file.....

:tongue:

Bert

Flying it now with integrated gtn750/ KACT - KBNA 

Wonderful taxi manners.  very predictictable yaw on TO ( just a smidge of right rudder keeps her on the centerline.)

FL230 HDG 64 with 80 kts tailwind from 240  136 kts/282 KT GS, 14gph per , MP27, RPM 1700 EGT 29 F  mixture 26%,  70% throttles... 

AP light NOT working

overhead cabin lights coupled to gauges ( hope they fix this)

some minor mislabling  doesnt bother me..

will implement AndiKunzi mod after flight..

Overall Not perfect but smooth. Similar to the Cheyenne II except it's a CESSNA..