Sign in to follow this  
Roby53

PMDG DC-6 Support

hi,
I can only achieve very low funcionality with PMDG DC6: gear, flaps and nav2 freq.
Other commands like Battery, Landing Lights are executed but the related switches on the overhead just don't move.

There's any plan to add in the future some support for this airplane?

One more question, at startup F/O start screaming that the engines are on fire, of course this is not a problem,  may be MCE does not recognize the airplane?
In MCE "Reference" folder I cannot find any file related to the DC6, should I try to write and add one?

thanks

Roberto Carideo

6 hours ago, Roby53 said:

hi,
I can only achieve very low funcionality with PMDG DC6: gear, flaps and nav2 freq.
Other commands like Battery, Landing Lights are executed but the related switches on the overhead just don't move.

There's any plan to add in the future some support for this airplane?

One more question, at startup F/O start screaming that the engines are on fire, of course this is not a problem,  may be MCE does not recognize the airplane?
In MCE "Reference" folder I cannot find any file related to the DC6, should I try to write and add one?

thanks

Roberto Carideo

It's not supported.

FO will only control items that use default FSX/P3D token variables.

I doubt it will ever be fully supported because the user base for this type of aircraft cannot be that significant. Nothing like a 747, 787, 777, let alone a 737 or A320

Add to that PMDG have a built-in FE.

I'm afraid the aircraft is too old.:tongue:

And the few who love it, are more likely to enjoy fiddling with switches themselves rather than rely on FO to do that.

DC-8 era is as far as we are willing to go back in time :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Just saying.

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

And the few who love it

Me!!😍

Vic green

4 hours ago, FS++ said:

It's not supported.

FO will only control items that use default FSX/P3D token variables.

I doubt it will ever be fully supported because the user base for this type of aircraft cannot be that significant. Nothing like a 747, 787, 777, let alone a 737 or A320

Add to that PMDG have a built-in FE.

I'm afraid the aircraft is too old.:tongue:

And the few who love it, are more likely to enjoy fiddling with switches themselves rather than rely on FO to do that.

DC-8 era is as far as we are willing to go back in time :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Just saying.

So true, I don't even use Pmdg's FE :laugh:. Too much fun using it without help :gaul:

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

I agree, It's fun to act on all the switch and levers especially when it's time to start the 4 enginees but I had to ask since I love MCE and I cannot fly anymore without my friend F/O. At least we can run the checklists together.
Thanks for this great program.

Regards

Roberto Carideo

22 hours ago, Roby53 said:

I agree, It's fun to act on all the switch and levers especially when it's time to start the 4 enginees but I had to ask since I love MCE and I cannot fly anymore without my friend F/O. At least we can run the checklists together.
Thanks for this great program.

Regards

Roberto Carideo

You're welcome.

Hi Roberto,

I am working on a MCE/lua script customisation for the DC-6.

So far I've got the f/o setting up the cockput for all the various phases of flight (inc setting switches that aren't standard FS actions), and I've even got him to set specific throttle settings when requested. For example saying 'set WET takeoff power' will command the F/O to advance the throttles to 59' MP and hold them there for me!

It's accomplished using a (for now) complicated mix of MCE, lua scripts and LVAR actions in FSUIPC, and does require a fully registered copy of FSUIPC to work. 

I'm still working out the bugs but happy to share some of it with you if you are interested.

Best,

James

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Hi James,

Great to know that there is a possibility to use MCE with DC6.
I am impressed with the what you have been able to achieve so far.

I don't have a registered copy of FSUIPC yet, but I am absolutly interested in your work.

Can you give me same more details? 

I know very little about LUA, but I think I should be able to managed it.

By the way, are you on FSX or P3D? Internal commands may be different.

Thanks for your offer in sharing your work.

ciao

Roberto

Hi Roberto,

OK I'm happy to send it over, you'll just need to give me a few weeks to get everything working.

I'm reasonably happy with the pre-flight setup, and some of the in flight flows. I need to create controls that work for the flaps & gear. PMDG use some odd code that doesn't seem to set the actual flap position when moving the flaps using an lvar position.

I've also created scripts to set up the superchargers, mixture etc..

It's still a big work in progress and I got to a stage where it 'kinda' works and haven't done a great deal since.

Hopefully I'll get a little time over the next few weeks to get it all going. I'll keep you posted..

Best,

James

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Hi James,

thanks for your replay. 
I am thrilled to be able to fly the DC6 with MCE and get rid of AFE.
Let me know if I can be of any help.

Ciao

Roberto