Sign in to follow this  
Dean_EGTC

Condor 2 released

Greetings all,

For all Gliding enthusiasts, (Chock if I recall), if you haven't got the email, v2 of prolly the best motorless sim just released.  Just downloaded it - 608mb on a dial up server i reckon.  Patch needed after.  Anyone for Multiplayer?

Yup, bought it earlier today, not tried it yet though.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

It’s addictive, I’m loving this sim. Downloaded the free U.K. scenery too from condor club.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

It's nice. Of course the original Condor is an excellent gliding sim with fun multiplayer capabilities and this one improves on that so it's well worth a look if anyone is considering it. Very good flight model, nice lift simulation, winch and aerotow launches, both of which are well simulated and a decent selection of default gliders which come with it. Doubtless there'll be loads more add-on sceneries, both freebie and payware, and more aeroplanes on the way for it too. Runs well on even a fairly modest computer with all sliders maxed, this screenie is from it running my laptop, which is not a fancy one (Lenovo Ideapad 320 with an AMD A4 Processor), and it was running perfectly smoothly on that thing:

aE8mfe8.jpg

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Enjoying it a lot, but I miss a SW update...

I still prefer the "feel of flight" and overall physics modelling provided by the most detailed SW models. Beware that some free add-on gliders were added to the SW hangar, but they're ported from MSFS, and have poor performance, but the native SW models are just Great!

Also prefer SW's approach to the Weather modelling.

But enjoying Condor 2 nonetheless...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I tried it at party at my former gliding club last weekend. I would say that graphically its a big improvement over the original. Especially the clouds. The new clouds looked great compared to even the enhanced clouds for the original version. I understand it will be VR native soon too which given its stellar performance and much improved graphics will likely make it on of the best VR flying experiences out there. I'll pick it up soon. Based on what I saw it will be a must have for soaring enthusiast. Although I don't think it looks as real as P3D and I do like gliding in P3D, it is for sure going to provide a far more realistic simulation of gliding. To be honest I would have preferred to see a sophisticated gliding addon for P3D along the lines of cumulusX but with all the weather, competition, task setting and multiplayer capabilities etc. of Condor. I tried the Blanik and apart from anything else I did not like the cockpit textures. They where very 1980's