Sign in to follow this  
MartinRex007

Auto pilot odd behavior

N100L has an S-Tec 60-2 (similar to the 55X) with Altitude Preselect via the Aspen EFD1000. 

Pilot licenses: CPL, IRI, C510, MEP, CRI SEP
P3D V5 professional
CPU: i9-10900K, GPU: RTX 3090, MB: MSI Z490A PRO,
SSD: M.2 Samsung 970 EVO Plus (2 TB) + M.2 (1 TB) , RAM: 32 GB (3600 MHz, CL_16-16-16-36),
water cooling: Heatkiller IV Pro + MO-RA3 420 LT, Display: Panasonic 58“ 4K

If I track to a VOR after takeoff (which works fine) then change nav source to my GPS route the AP picks up the route with no problem, but if I takeoff and turn to a heading for a GPS route first and hit NAV on the AP the GS comes on and the plane loses control, very odd. Still have some more testing to do but I can live with this little anomaly.

Cheers

Martin

Just now, MartinRex007 said:

If I track to a VOR after takeoff (which works fine) then change nav source to my GPS route the AP picks up the route with no problem, but if I takeoff and turn to a heading for a GPS route first and hit NAV on the AP the GS comes on and the plane loses control, very odd. Still have some more testing to do but I can live with this little anomaly.

Cheers

Martin

I have looked at the autopilot code.. When you push the NAV button, the autopilot switches on:  NAV or APR, depending on whether the nav source has a localizer active.  That sounds kind of logical, but could go wrong depending on the variables, as you are experiencing.   Give me your email address and I'll send you a mod with this option disabled.. that might just work better for you.

Interestingly, I have not run into this, but that may depend on what NAV1 is tuned to at the moment that the NAV button is pushed..

If you can describe the exact scenario where you have this occur, I can try to duplicate it on my system and track some variables if required..

• Upvote 1

Bert

For anyone who likes to tinker with autopilot xml files, look in the Mouse section for the NAV button, and change

@Nav1Haslocalizer

to

@Nav1Haslocalizer  (A:GPS DRIVES NAV1, bool) ! and

That should prevent this from happening if GPS mode is active.

Bert

Bert,

That fixed it, I sent you an e-mail explaining it in a little more detail, thanks so much for your help with this!

Regards

Martin

Just now, MartinRex007 said:

Bert,

That fixed it, I sent you an e-mail explaining it in a little more detail, thanks so much for your help with this!

Regards

Martin

:smile:

Bert

Assume one needs to extract the xml from the cab file?  Then how to subsequently position it properly?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Just now, fppilot said:

Assume one needs to extract the xml from the cab file?  Then how to subsequently position it properly?

I create a subfolder to the panel folder with the same name as the cab file.

Extract the files(s) that you want to edit.

Drop the xml file(s) in the new subfolder and change their file name(s) by adding a character or two.

Reference the changed names in the panel.cfg file.

Example:

Folder name: AUTOPILOTO_C421

File name: Gauge_AUTOPILOT_C421_MSV4.xml

Panel.cfg file:  gauge01=AUTOPILOTO_C421!Gauge_AUTOPILOT_C421_MSV4,        0, 411,384,384

Bert

And while you are at it.. change "or" to "and"..

<Element id="GS">
     <FloatPosition>0.000,0.000</FloatPosition>
     <Visibility>(A:AUTOPILOT APPROACH HOLD,BOOL) @Nav1GSIActive and (L:Gauge_TEST_C421_FD,number) 1 == or</Visibility>
     <Image id="Image" Name="Gauge_AUTOPILOT_C421_MS_GS.bmp">
                <Transparent>true</Transparent>
                <Bright>false</Bright>
            </Image>
     </Element>

Bert