Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Rogers Ramble in the Western Chugach

Rogers Ramble in the Western Chugach

Roger’s plan takes us from Seward (PAWD) to Valdez (PAVD) by way of the Western Chugach, approx. 210nm and features eight landings & one touch 7 go.

pUsOrUs.jpg

Flight Plans

The Flight Plan is available via DropBox here.

Aircraft
You will probably want a bush plane such as the DHC-2 Beaver or Cessna 185. Please fly what you like.

Scenery
For best results, you want the payware Orbx Southern Alaska "full-fat" region. Less rich, but probably fine, would be a combination of the payware Orbx North America Landclass and Orbx Global Vector to get the lakes and coastlines correct.

In addition, I would recommend that you install The Western Chugach Part 1 from Return to Misty Moorings RTMM Scenery Addons.  To do this right, you will need to install the RTMM Object Libraries. (The RTMM library installation is a time-consuming process.)  Once done with the libraries adding additional RTMM Sceneries is pretty straight forward.

Particulars
Date and time: Saturday June 9, 2018, 1800 UTC.
Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel
Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com
Cross-Platform Multiplayer: JoinFS. (FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D).
If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet (linked here). Your courtesy will save others a lot of time and effort. Thanks!
Recommend that you set your start time at 1600 local time.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

I could feel my life ebbing away whilst reading the 'instructions'. :wacko: Pass. I'll see what becomes of me with whatever scenery I have. (Orbx Alaska and Tongass Fjords)

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Ron, completely understand your reaction.  I abandoned my attempts to add RTMM scenery three times after getting bogged down in the 'instructions.'  Why does it have to be this hard?  I finally persevered in getting the libraries done.  It took about an hour.  I'm still not sure if they are correct but I installed all of the libraries into one folder and then activated them one by one in P3DV4.

R2IE7TU.jpg

For the RTMM sceneries themselves, I created a common RTMM Sceneries folder and will add them as I need them for a flight.  For the smaller add-on's, I just drop the bgl's and texture  into a common scenery / texture folder directory.  I did do separate folder installations for the Missing Cabins and Yes Bay (because of the higher/lower) installation instructions.  But going forward should be easy with just adding any needed RTMM scenery into the common folders.  I HOPE.  Here's what my RTMM Sceneries folder looks like:

kgaEPuM.jpg

That said.  I think you'll be fine with just Orbx Southern Alaska for the Saturday flight.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Bless your heart Jeff! :biggrin: I just love the explanations and screen shots, only for it to come to a spluttering halt at the end. :laugh:

I'll take another look at it this evening...

Invested an hour and a half. Now let's see, where did I put that hangman's noose? :sad:

I didn't get far into just reading the instructions before thinking "no chance".

So I've taken the shortcut of dumping all the contents of libraries I and II into scenery, texture and effects folders in a single combined libraries folder (looked like only a couple of texture file names were duplicates, so I overwrote and will live with the consequences) and activated via xml, then did the same with the libraries III folder after running the consolidation tool. Finally added the West Chugach scenery, and P3D didn't either fall over or start smoking so I think it's worked. There might be the odd wrong texture as a result of my shortcut, but I'll take that for a simplified installation.

At least doing it this way I haven't had to touch my actual P3D installation and I can completely remove the RTMM files easily if I've made a pig's ear of it.

Yeah, I did it like Jeff suggested. Looked good so far (means I checked two airports and found just one ship standing vertical on land...)

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

On 6/8/2018 at 9:12 AM, jt_williams said:

That said.  I think you'll be fine with just Orbx Southern Alaska for the Saturday flight.

That is going to be my guiding light  :cool:

Bert