Sign in to follow this  
flyerguy7773

Tomato shade? been outta the loop

Been outta the loop for the last couple of months, doing a fresh install of p3d since some things are wonky - what is up with tomato shade/word on it/do you use it with URP and PTA and whatnot? Worth it? If I get it...what are the best presets out there for it too? thx.

"The Skies the limit"

Remy Mermelstein
777-300 FS Pilot, Deltava

P3Dv4.1, ASP4, UTLive, ReShade + URP + PTA, All settings max'd, i7 Core Extreme @ 5.2gHz, GTX 1080, CyberpowerPC Gaming Laptop, 500GB SSDx2, 32GB DDR4 RAM. 

39990572681_f326ac97d7_o.jpg

Good questions.  I would add: How does it compare with ENVSHADE?

It is a replacement for PTA/Envshade. At this point, it has more features than those payware products.

Most notable is adding/improving reflections and PBR-like effects.

• Upvote 1

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

2 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

It is a replacement for PTA/Envshade. At this point, it has more features than those payware products.

Most notable is adding/improving reflections and PBR-like effects.

Never heard of it. Is there a link for it ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Here's version 21, from Tomato's own Dropbox. You need to hit "Check for Updates" inside the application to update to version 22.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/fijbvdxosg07opd/TomatoShade.zip

Make sure you check out the readme, for all the dynamic reflections / reflection profile details.

- It's NOT compatible with URP or any other P3D shader modifications

- There's Tomato's presets included

- Be sure you also read the included notes with the preset, how to properly prepare the shaders on your first run

- It IS compatible with ReShade, in case anyone was wondering

Edited by Sethos1988
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

4 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Thanks for posting the shader.  I assume I can use it without PTA right?

Yes, it's a completely separate program and way of modifying shaders. They are not compatible, so I would suggest working off of a clean ShadersHLSL folder.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

33 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

Here's version 21, from Tomato's own Dropbox. You need to hit "Check for Updates" inside the application to update to version 22.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/fijbvdxosg07opd/TomatoShade.zip

Make sure you check out the readme, for all the dynamic reflections / reflection profile details.

- It's NOT compatible with URP or any other P3D shader modifications

- There's Tomato's presets included

- Be sure you also read the included notes with the preset, how to properly prepare the shaders on your first run

- It IS compatible with ReShade, in case anyone was wondering

Thank you for this.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Thanks so much for all this info, looks like I will be getting rid of PTA+URP, keeping ReShade...question is should I uninstall reShade, install tomato and reinstall reshade? how do I make sure my ShadersHLSL folder is clean?

"The Skies the limit"

Remy Mermelstein
777-300 FS Pilot, Deltava

P3Dv4.1, ASP4, UTLive, ReShade + URP + PTA, All settings max'd, i7 Core Extreme @ 5.2gHz, GTX 1080, CyberpowerPC Gaming Laptop, 500GB SSDx2, 32GB DDR4 RAM. 

39990572681_f326ac97d7_o.jpg

4 hours ago, flyerguy7773 said:

Thanks so much for all this info, looks like I will be getting rid of PTA+URP, keeping ReShade...question is should I uninstall reShade, install tomato and reinstall reshade? how do I make sure my ShadersHLSL folder is clean?

Well be prepared that with tomato shade and the reflections you have to setup dynamic lightning in P3D which is flawed to say the very least.

So be prepared for a nice reflection on the aircraft with medium to ultra settings, however you will have a FPS penalty
and some odd weird effects due to the errors in dynamic lightning system in P3D 😉

At this point it's nice for screenshots but that's about it...

• Upvote 1

André

Well be prepared that with tomato shade and the reflections you have to setup dynamic lightning in P3D which is flawed to say the very least.

So be prepared for a nice reflection on the aircraft with medium to ultra settings, however you will have a FPS penalty
and some odd weird effects due to the errors in dynamic lightning system in P3D 😉

At this point it's nice for screenshots but that's about it...

Dynamic Lighting has nothing to do with this, you may be confusing it with reflections, which is another option. And I disagree your painting of it like it's full of errors. The system and effect works really well but obviously, if you aren't outside your plane much, it won't have much of an impact, visually. It changes how P3D's dynamic reflections work, so you can't apply that logic to how this work exactly. But yes, you will need the additional GPU overhead to handle the reflections.

Edited by Sethos1988

1 hour ago, Skywolf said:

Just where is the official page for TomatoShade.  I can't find it on google

Doesn't exist.

All my remarks are still in place that the system is flawed and I don't agree with you Sethos 1988, as for the lightning system you are correct I actually mend the dynamic reflection / lightning system.

With those shaders in place you will have distortions and weird effects... Be not surprised that we see also some adjustment also in the next generation of P3D 😉

Edited by awf

André