Sign in to follow this  
Dreamflight767

Ultimate 787 - V1.1.1 Released

7 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

With.  The WX turned on.

Thanks.

Will see how I go, I have the new update but have flown without WX Radar. 

Look out shaders and .cfg!

I did a KBOS-EGLL yesterday.  Very nice.  I've not been brave enough to try the WX Radar.  I couldn't take a CTD chance on such a long flight.  I'll wait until they give a 100% fix for all.

Leaving CYVR for LEBB (at night, in case that makes any difference) had CTD as soon as selected weather radar.

Had appropriate Active Sky running so guess I simply won't use the radar from this point to avoid complications. Lovely aircraft, notwithstanding...

Kind regards,

Stephen

Pretty disappointing these CTDs didn’t get fixed. Was all set to pick this one up if initial hotfix reports were good.

James

Just completed 2nd flight with the WX radar on entire flight - KLAX-NCRG.  No CTD.  

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

I'd recommend not jumping to any negative conclusions because of my CTD.

Many others have been able to use WX radar without a problem as evidenced by what Aaron and others reported. As far as I know, it might have been a problem with my setup for that flight as this was my first system crash.

This is the best deal on the market, in my opinion and near perfection except for the faulty pilot.

Kind regards,

Stephen

PS: 😋 Here is a video of the QW people making the new Air Canada livery! 

Edited by charliearon
Deleted link to hosting site. Embedded video

Just seen an interview at the Expo QW will be releasing the 146 for P3D4 next before the 757, they only said soon not when.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

And just reporting in after following Aaron’s advice (Dreamflight767) I have completed two flights with WX Radar on and no CTD (YMML-YSSY, YSSY-WADD) with v1.1.1..

Mark

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mwa05 said:

And just reporting in after following Aaron’s advice (Dreamflight767) I have completed two flights with WX Radar on and no CTD (YMML-YSSY, YSSY-WADD) with v1.1.1..

Mark

Oh good!

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Anyone else noticing when you engage TO/GA like you would in any other Boeing that it seems to disarm the speed brake? I've triple checked my controls and I only use one switch for TO/GA and nothing else. Is there something funky with this bird when it comes to arming TO/GA?

2 hours ago, el_kab0ng said:

Anyone else noticing when you engage TO/GA like you would in any other Boeing that it seems to disarm the speed brake? I've triple checked my controls and I only use one switch for TO/GA and nothing else. Is there something funky with this bird when it comes to arming TO/GA?

If you’re talking about takeoff phase, speed brakes (spoilers) should not be armed (not part of Boeing checklist). It is part of Airbus philosophy however.

Edited by Orbitandy

regards, Andy

MSFS/P3Dv4.5/| i7 9700K @5.0 | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F |32GB3200C16 | ASUS 2080Ti OC connected to 3 x LG 27" monitors 5780x1080 | EVO 970 2TB M2 for sim, EVO PLUS 970 500GB M2 for W10pro64bit | VirtualFly YOKO & TQ6 |  MFG crosswinds | T16000M |

6 hours ago, Orbitandy said:

If you’re talking about takeoff phase, speed brakes (spoilers) should not be armed (not part of Boeing checklist). It is part of Airbus philosophy however.

Thanks for that. I couldn't easily find in the documentation where/when/how to arm TO/GA, though. Any suggestions/explanations you can point to which helps me understand this better?

On 6/9/2018 at 3:27 PM, mwa05 said:

Mark

The CTD caused by weather radar is not related to shaders. It is certain weather conditions.

2 minutes ago, Boeing or not going said:

The CTD caused by weather radar is not related to shaders. It is certain weather conditions.

So basically it's still broke and your risking a CTD based on weather during the flight. So it's still useless to have on. Is QW working on the wx radar fix version 2?

Edited by B777ER

Eric 

19 minutes ago, el_kab0ng said:

Thanks for that. I couldn't easily find in the documentation where/when/how to arm TO/GA, though. Any suggestions/explanations you can point to which helps me understand this better?

There is a clickspot on the MCP panel... should be in the manual, I found it somewhere there 🙂

Edit: I set TO/GA in the key bindings to a key on my joystick but this doesn't seem to be working 😞

Edited by swiesma