Sign in to follow this  
Dreamflight767

Ultimate 787 - V1.1.1 Released

32 minutes ago, B777ER said:

So basically it's still broke and your risking a CTD based on weather during the flight. So it's still useless to have on. Is QW working on the wx radar fix version 2?

Hotfix 1 did not fix the weather radar crash, it will happen under conditions such as thunderstorms. Until Hotfix 2 you are taking a chance of a CTD with the radar on.

48 minutes ago, swiesma said:

There is a clickspot on the MCP panel... should be in the manual, I found it somewhere there 🙂

Edit: I set TO/GA in the key bindings to a key on my joystick but this doesn't seem to be working 😞

Excellent. I'll look for this on my next flight. I've also tried binding a key like I use for every other AC that has a TO/GA, but it's not honored by the 787 for some reason.

P3D V4.3 update is imminent. Even if it will be worth for VR users only, that's a new update anyway.

Will QW 787 need an update as well to run with P3D 4.3 or the 1.1.1 is already compliant ?

How long dear mates, do you think the next 787 update will take ?  Considering the VNAV and LNAV issues and considering that QW is not known for its quickness.... I fear we will have to wait many many months this time.

Pity, because many guys died in the last 8 years waiting for the 787 and many more will eventually die waiting for the first robust 787 service pack. RIP mates.

11 hours ago, el_kab0ng said:

Anyone else noticing when you engage TO/GA like you would in any other Boeing that it seems to disarm the speed brake? I've triple checked my controls and I only use one switch for TO/GA and nothing else. Is there something funky with this bird when it comes to arming TO/GA?

Yep - I haven't upgraded to V1.1.1 yet but I also get this behavior (so this was not something introduced with the update). Clicking the TO/GA key assignment toggles the speed brake arm on and off. (So does the Speed brake arm binding i have set.) Works perfectly for me in several other A/C so I have to point the finger at QW for this. Note: using P3D controls mappings. No FSUIPC involved. Perhaps there's some sort of preference in the 787 somewhere?

Edited by odourboy

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

1 hour ago, odourboy said:

Yep - I haven't upgraded to V1.1.1 yet but I also get this behavior (so this was not something introduced with the update). Clicking the TO/GA key assignment toggles the speed brake arm on and off. (So does the Speed brake arm binding i have set.) Works perfectly for me in several other A/C so I have to point the finger at QW for this. Note: using P3D controls mappings. No FSUIPC involved. Perhaps there's some sort of preference in the 787 somewhere?

I've had this issue with 1.1.0 and 1.1.1 (wasn't fixed), so I'm guessing they don't see it as a 'bug' per se given there's an alternative method to arming TO/GA (a click spot on the MCP, apparently, but I haven't had a chance to confirm yet)

28 minutes ago, el_kab0ng said:

I've had this issue with 1.1.0 and 1.1.1 (wasn't fixed), so I'm guessing they don't see it as a 'bug' per se given there's an alternative method to arming TO/GA (a click spot on the MCP, apparently, but I haven't had a chance to confirm yet)

It should be the "screw" under the AP button....

52 minutes ago, swiesma said:

It should be the "screw" under the AP button....

Yup. Just found that on a test flight this morning. As an aside for those of you who are wondering how to derate the 787-800 with flex temps, I managed to find this tool today which helps (and it's open sourced!)

https://qsimplan.wordpress.com/

• Like 1

Folks,

I presume that with an exception of WXR irregularities, the product's functionality is ok now, correct?

9 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Folks,

I presume that with an exception of WXR irregularities, the product's functionality is ok now, correct?

Seems stable enough for most flight styles. The EFB and QW Dispatch tool still have weight discrepancies, but that's easy to work around by just using the external dispatcher tool and ignoring the EFB weights.

I did have one weird porpoising moment right after take off when the AP was engaged in the -900 yesterday, but disabling and re-enabling the AP seems to have sorted it. YMMV.

• Like 1

There are still niggling things with the plane, but it works more often than not.

1) On occasion I'll still get the bug in the CDU where it shows -2.17746474 (or a similar number) for FL in the legs page

2) Sometimes will show ToD at PPOS no matter where you are on the flight

3) Sometimes overshoots turns in LNAV

4) Last night, on autoland with a 6 knot right cross wind, the plane would not stay on LOC (no issues when taking over manually)

5) Can crash P3D by making changes to the SID/Route. (Especially when inputting the SID first. Also frequently when modifying jetways (this happened to me using Q436 in the US from KEWR to KORD). Infrequently when inputting STAR altitude restrictions)

Other smaller things, but it's still not a bad plane.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

5 hours ago, Mario Rastelli said:

P3D V4.3 update is imminent. Even if it will be worth for VR users only, that's a new update anyway.

Will QW 787 need an update as well to run with P3D 4.3 or the 1.1.1 is already compliant ?

How long dear mates, do you think the next 787 update will take ?  Considering the VNAV and LNAV issues and considering that QW is not known for its quickness.... I fear we will have to wait many many months this time.

Pity, because many guys died in the last 8 years waiting for the 787 and many more will eventually die waiting for the first robust 787 service pack. RIP mates.

LOL ! 

There are one or two things I am willing to live and die for ☝️ but a perfect QW 787 isn't one of them!

Hopefully P3Dv4.3 will be better, faster and fly higher right out of the gate without harmful side effects to my new favorite airliner.. 👌

Who knows, 3rd time around in 64 bit P3D might strike it lucky!  👍

Kind regards,

Stephen

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SKEWR said:

)Can crash P3D by making changes to the SID/Route. (Especially when inputting the SID first. Also frequently when modifying jetways (this happened to me using Q436 in the US from KEWR to KORD). Infrequently when inputting STAR altitude restrictions)

As someone who does their flights in real time which are frequently 8 plus hours in length this is a big deal to me. I am not going to waste 8 plus hours only to have a CTD when I mess around with the STAR. Until this is addressed this plane is a no-go.

• Like 1

Eric 

8 hours ago, swiesma said:

There is a clickspot on the MCP panel... should be in the manual, I found it somewhere there 🙂

Edit: I set TO/GA in the key bindings to a key on my joystick but this doesn't seem to be working 😞

I too have set TOGA to a switch on my yoke (via FSUIPC) but ain’t getting any love from this bird to get thrust set. Clickspot works, so might try connecting that somehow to my switch...🤔

regards, Andy

MSFS/P3Dv4.5/| i7 9700K @5.0 | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F |32GB3200C16 | ASUS 2080Ti OC connected to 3 x LG 27" monitors 5780x1080 | EVO 970 2TB M2 for sim, EVO PLUS 970 500GB M2 for W10pro64bit | VirtualFly YOKO & TQ6 |  MFG crosswinds | T16000M |

11 hours ago, Orbitandy said:

I too have set TOGA to a switch on my yoke (via FSUIPC) but ain’t getting any love from this bird to get thrust set. Clickspot works, so might try connecting that somehow to my switch...🤔

Same here TOGA set on a button at my thrustlever. Sometimes it works sometimes not. When pushing the A/T button and then the button on the thrust lever it works every time. So maybe a workaround for you guys until there is a permanent fix.

Installed 1.1.1 yesterday and really like the new resolution of the cockpit.

Hab a smooth flight in the TUIfly -8 from EHAM to TNCM 🙂 I really like this bird.