Sign in to follow this  
Dreamflight767

Ultimate 787 - V1.1.1 Released

3 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

Does the add-one work with 4.2 only OR 4.1 is ok as well?

I'm using it in P3Dv4.1 without any issues.

Asus Maximus Hero XI , i7-8086, 16 Gb RAM, nVidia GTX 1080 ti

Also using it in 4.1. Only issue for me still is the (known) weather radar CTD bug, but otherwise I've been able to complete many long flights with no issues. 

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

It will set up the situation as what would be happening at the particular waypoint.  I would suspect that includes ATC (I use LiveATC).  It even changes the weather as to what it would be at that point.  It is just a small utility included with the aircraft.  As I recall, Bob Smith, one of our moderators set up something similar for FSX and put it in the Library but I cannot find it.  He did it so one could save a VAS and get to the destination faster.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Question, you folks with the CTD, are you running the sim with your anti-virus in a game mode & running the sim with a right click run as admin?

If not, in addition to my suggestion on pg. 3 post # 276 of this topic, I'd run the sim as I state above.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

I did EGLL to YPPH in real time, WX on, thunderstorms over Central Europe, to the south of Sri Lanka and then over the Indian Ocean. From start up to shut down my Sim was running almost 17 hours. 

No CTD.

Following the advice above from Aaron (which was originally Poppets advice on the LM forum re NTDLL crashes) no issues.

I cannot get my sim to crash using the 787.

I run my anti virus (Avast) in game mode, and as admin by way of right click.

I did KLAX-YMML real-time yesterday and am about to launch a YMML-WADD. No TS on the TAF though. 🙄 🙄

There obviously is a conflict somewhere for so many to have an issue but maybe the 787 is the victim, not the culprit? Whatever the culprit is, I must not have “it” on my PC.

Regards,

Mark

Ok finally got this last week and have been putting it thru its paces. While highly automated, theres quite a bit to do , although its just information harvesting. Feel like a software engineer to read all the info on the large screens. Done some short flights as well as a long haul, and dont really have much issues at all.  There is some SID issues, where it cannot draw properly, but they are complicated SIDs. Im guessing any VNAV issues or LNAV for that matter may be from very involved SIDs or STARs? Otherwise there was no issues with LNAV VNAV.  Certainly not any big issue if it does get confused. Take over like any captain would. V/S , HDG mode or speed mode all work great.  The EFB is a nice feature but find it a little cumbersome to use. Would like to see it much more refined. Entering weights on the slider is a little lame. 

Only other note , is that it doesnt actually feel too much like a 'heavy'.  Im only saying this relative to other heavy aircraft on the market. Even the NGX feels a bit heavier flying. Something that could be corrected easily im sure. However ground handling like taxi seems really well done.  If your light , you can easily move on idle thrust. Finally someone got this right. If you have a heavy payload, you need some thrust to get moving. 

No CTD at all on all the flights ive done. Reading through all the 787 related posts , seems to point that it is system configured dependent problem. Why do some not have any issues while some do.  In any case, it must be quite the headache for QW to deal with. 

Theres a few things, that need to be corrected but they are minor. Others just need better refinement, but overall its been a joy to fly. 

• Like 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

On 6/7/2018 at 4:22 PM, ieydis said:

Not that I see and I'm using the hires panel option and the HD VC textures.  Maybe slightly better refresh on the gauges but that may be placebo.  Overall though, a very nice bird and getting better.  Maybe someone will create better HD textures and night lightening will be improved in later versions.  QW seems completely committed so kudos to them.

How do you get the HD VC textures?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Also, just read about the jump to feature and it sounds really useful. Definitely would like to try this out. Since I usually fly long haul flights usually between 5-17 hours, this would be a god send. Is this feature simple to use? Once you enter in your flight plan into the FMC, you can jump to any of those navigation points? Can you jump back as well or is it only one direction that you can go?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

On 6/15/2018 at 5:40 PM, Jim Young said:

It will set up the situation as what would be happening at the particular waypoint.  I would suspect that includes ATC (I use LiveATC).  It even changes the weather as to what it would be at that point.  It is just a small utility included with the aircraft.  As I recall, Bob Smith, one of our moderators set up something similar for FSX and put it in the Library but I cannot find it.  He did it so one could save a VAS and get to the destination faster.

Thanks for the feedback Jim. Still on the fence as the 787's use is a little too limited for me - meaning it's not used as much on the routes I enjoy flying as other aircraft. I think I may stick with my original plan and wait for the Aerosoft A330, which is operated by many airlines of interest to me.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Still on the fence after all of this?  I do understand the desire to go for the European models if you are European though.  I'm loyal to my area of the world and I favor Boeing and have flown mostly in Boeing aircraft.  The 787 is unique though in that it is a new model.  It is also a matter of cost.  Many of us in flight simulation can afford expensive thing and the Boeing is expensive for sure and everyone wants total perfection when it comes to expensive things.  Fully understand!

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Does anyone know how pursue a refund with Flight1?  

Unfortunately, despite a total reinstall of the qw787 I have a bunch of issues that don't allow me to fly the plane (ie; can't enter in approach speeds for landing)

Thanks for the help,

Daniel

Daniel,

If you can't enter approach speeds that's not a fault of the plane, that's down to your ineptitude.  Sorry 😞  I have twenty three flights logged so far.  She is a great aircraft.

Where exactly are you coming unstuck.  I'm sure we can resolve it.

• Like 1

Yes, it's very interesting.  I flew QF9 789 YPPH-EGLL real time 2 days ago.  Used WX radar entire flight, lots of TSTMS OVR the Andaman Sea, Bay of Bengal, and Turkey/Black Sea.  No issues.  Landed in EGLL and parked at stand 246 if I recall.

• Like 2

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Is the 787 easier to fly than the 777 as in, it's more automated?

5 hours ago, captain420 said:

Is the 787 easier to fly than the 777 as in, it's more automated?

From a sim perspective, about the same.  Both very easy.  The QW does have that lovely 'Jump to' feature which PMDG doesn't.  Not sure you can classify that as automation. 😉

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL