Sign in to follow this  
Dreamflight767

Ultimate 787 - V1.1.1 Released

On 6/18/2018 at 10:13 AM, captain420 said:

Also, just read about the jump to feature and it sounds really useful. Definitely would like to try this out. Since I usually fly long haul flights usually between 5-17 hours, this would be a god send. Is this feature simple to use? Once you enter in your flight plan into the FMC, you can jump to any of those navigation points? Can you jump back as well or is it only one direction that you can go?

It's so nice!  It's really easy too.  Just select the 'Info' button on the Display Select Panel, and you will see a menu on your DU with a 'Jump ahead' tab.  This will take you to any waypoint (I highly suggest setting up your landing prior to this so VNAV is calculated).  You can also see the FL of that waypoint so you get an idea of where you will end up.  It messes with autopilot a bit (starts descending and speed is off, but it's not too bad to correct all of that).  Honestly, probably my favorite feature of the aircraft

There's something to be said about being able to fly from Seattle to Sydney in an hour 

*Edit... can't go backwards

Edited by blaird22
*Edit... can't go backwards

Can you go back in time and jump to a previous waypoint? Or does it go forward only?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Unfortunately only forward.  Unless you save the flight and go back to that point

12 hours ago, Dean_EGTC said:

Daniel,

If you can't enter approach speeds that's not a fault of the plane, that's down to your ineptitude.  Sorry 😞  I have twenty three flights logged so far.  She is a great aircraft.

Where exactly are you coming unstuck.  I'm sure we can resolve it.

Oh - thankfully I have people like you to help me then; excellent.  Maybe then I can help the other person who's having the same issue with the aircraft in QW forums...

So here's my problem:

When copying the Flaps 30 data from the FMC 3RSK, it blinks for a second on the scratch pad and then goes blank.  When I can enter something in the entry suddenly becomes 30/30 and then won't allow me to enter again.  The error message is "Entry not Allowed on Selected Line".  I then try to delete and clear my entry, which I cannot do.  Select an entry from the Flaps 20 or 25 does nothing.  I also cannot enter anything manually.

Appreciate your insight - would love to get this baby flying!

- Daniel

• Like 1

Daniel, the FMC computes that for you.  You click on the RSK adjacent to your flaps landing speed and then the blank 6LSK(?) and it populates the field.  No need to do it manually and apparently does not accept it that way.

I know what you're talking about Daniel.  Same thing happens to me (also, if I'm copying a leg from LSK3 to 1 for example).  You just have to click it a couple times before it shows up in the scratchpad.  A little annoying, but can work around it pretty easily.  Really liking this plane, so I deal with the little annoyances 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, diajohn said:

Daniel, the FMC computes that for you.  You click on the RSK adjacent to your flaps landing speed and then the blank 6LSK(?) and it populates the field.  No need to do it manually and apparently does not accept it that way.

Thanks for your reply. 

Yes, i know, unfortunately that's what I'm doing. Or trying to do - it does not work. 

I'm actually completely familiar with Boeing style FMCs. I get how it's supposed to work... It just doesn't 

I do appreciate your input, though. 

- Daniel

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, blaird22 said:

I know what you're talking about Daniel.  Same thing happens to me (also, if I'm copying a leg from LSK3 to 1 for example).  You just have to click it a couple times before it shows up in the scratchpad.  A little annoying, but can work around it pretty easily.  Really liking this plane, so I deal with the little annoyances 

Oh okay, thanks for the confirmation. 

I get it to accept the right input one in about 25 attempts. But often i have to land with no VREF. 

My thought was that since it's a small team, the updates aren't likely to come very often (i could be wrong, though). So I'll excercise my right to a discount while still in my 30 day window , and then purchase again whenever the issue is fixed. 

Alternatively, I'm considering completely re-installing P3D v4.2 and trying that. I'm also having weird issues with GSX (boarding never completes - a number of people reporting the same issue ) and with an FSlabs module starting P3D automatically when i boot my computer.   Really weird stuff!  My client update to 4.2 (only updated to be able to use the QW787,btw) has been less than ideal, lol. 

-Daniel 

5 hours ago, Daniel Baker said:

Really weird stuff!  My client update to 4.2 (only updated to be able to use the QW787,btw) has been less than ideal, lol.  

In my case, I fly QW787 on P3D 4.1 and I have no problems with input VREF. Also perfect work LNAV/VNAV.

• Like 1

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

7 minutes ago, Nickbe said:

In my case, I fly QW787 on P3D 4.1 and I have no problems with input VREF. Also perfect work LNAV/VNAV.

I think I should have done that, too.  Can I roll back versions?

Thanks,

Daniel

3 minutes ago, Daniel Baker said:

I think I should have done that, too.  Can I roll back versions? 

I had client 4.2 installed and CTD occurred frequently. I just uninstall client 4.2 and roll back client 4.1. (Backup files EXE.XML and DLL.XML for recover after reinstall) Now the flights are without problems. I will now wait for the release of version P3D 4.3.

• Like 1

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

I have alot of issues with this one , might try just a reinstall. Using Cold and Dark state.

I cant seem to change the IRS alignment time option in seconds. I here a click when i use the mousewheel but nothing happens (its set at 0 seconds and still doesnt align)

When on GPU and starting the APU and eventually with the APU generators on, things goes black and dead removing the GPU.

EFB is not uploading correct values regarding weight and fuel from the FMC

Aircondition readouts is only in Fahrenheit even payload is in kilogram.(is not an failure - just not an option)

Hopefully i will get to the engine start at some point

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

No idea what y'all doing... in my case the 787 flies like she's supposed to, No major flaws like the ones reported here.