Sign in to follow this  
Dreamflight767

Ultimate 787 - V1.1.1 Released

Short question: What's the preferred way to install this update? Uninstall / Reinstall or just update? I have no access to the QW forum, so please forgive me 🙂

i just updated and had no problems at all.only issue i have is at Idle the plane gathers speed unless you put on the parking brake.goes from 0-30 in about 20 secs.

steve

can some one point me to where you update the VC textures ,can't find anything about it in the 3 manuals. one is over 300 pages so could have missed it.

steve

For the high resolution panel textures replace the line in the aircraft.cfg for each livery (of both 787-8 and 787-9) to read

panel=hires

By default (or after installing a livery) this line reads

panel=

withour the "hires" word and therefore does not  use tne high resolution cockpit textures.  

Edmundo Azevedo

But the thing that is not clear is whether one also needs to manually move the HD texture files in texture.common and texture.vc and overwrite the root folder files.  I have done so but is this necessary?  I have read varying opinions on this.

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

Hi:

Just as an update.  Last night I did a long haul LEMD-SBGR no WX radar.  A few minutes after passing T/D I received a CTD.  Unfortunately the error log didn't produce any messages.

I went to the QW forums to report and saw a post that mentioned deleting the sim's shaders and cfg and rebuild.  I followed suit.  I just completed a test flight KVCV-KPAE w/ WX radar.  This is the first flight I've completed in the 787 w/ no CTD.

Obviously need some more testing but fingers crossed. 

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Hello;

I attempted a flight today with the FMC fully programmed. I had the Captain's EICAS with the larger ND and the FO's screen with the split engine information. On the captain's side I had WXR on and the FO had Terrain enabled. Take off was normal (seemed to have gained a few frames), before I reached my assigned altitude of 5000, :poof: CTD again.

Please note I have completed several flights with the WXR not displayed. I'll try again and see if this was an anomaly.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

22 minutes ago, SKEWR said:

Hello;

I attempted a flight today with the FMC fully programmed. I had the Captain's EICAS with the larger ND and the FO's screen with the split engine information. On the captain's side I had WXR on and the FO had Terrain enabled. Take off was normal (seemed to have gained a few frames), before I reached my assigned altitude of 5000, :poof: CTD again.

Please note I have completed several flights with the WXR not displayed. I'll try again and see if this was an anomaly.

Try to clean your shader and config too.  See if that helps.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

These CTD are so disconcerting. So everytime we fly out we have to first clear out the shaders? If so that is ridiculous. 

Eric 

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

These CTD are so disconcerting. So everytime we fly out we have to first clear out the shaders? If so that is ridiculous. 

Well so far I've only cleared it once, just to "re-set" if you will.  I'm on my second flight (KLAX-NCRG) since resetting/clearing shaders and config. w/ the WX radar.  I'll let you know tomorrow morning how it goes.

Aaron Ortega

22 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Well so far I've only cleared it once, just to "re-set" if you will.  I'm on my second flight (KLAX-NCRG) since resetting/clearing shaders and config. w/ the WX radar.  I'll let you know tomorrow morning how it goes.

Does w/ the WX radar mean with the WX radar turned on or does it mean without the WX radar?

Cheers,

Mark

@mwa05

Hello! It usually means Weather (abbreviated in most aviation discussions as "WX") RADAR is on.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

13 minutes ago, SKEWR said:

@mwa05

Hello! It usually means Weather (abbreviated in most aviation discussions as "WX") RADAR is on.

Thanks, it was actually the w/ I was asking about - does w/ mean with or without? 

21 minutes ago, mwa05 said:

Thanks, it was actually the w/ I was asking about - does w/ mean with or without? 

With.  The WX turned on.

Aaron Ortega