Sign in to follow this  
CyrusMzRG

Black texture Squares... how to fix it

Hello guys:

Today afte a long time i decided make a fllght. After take off I realized I have any  issue with my textures ( see the picture below).

Anybody know whats happening and how to fix it?

Thanks

94219052664ee1585383fe5addbeafcdcdc73603

I get them too.  I'm running Prepar3d 4.2, FTX Global base pack, PTA 2.61. 

Bob Bressert

Hi,

Are either of you running with ORBX openLC?

If so, then I suggest you identify which region is involved:

FTX Global openLC North America
FTX Global openLC North America - Alaska & Canada
FTX Global openLC South America
FTX Global openLC Europe

Then reinstall the region affected. Easy to do albeit can be time-consuming if, like me, you don't keep backups of these files.

Browse to Prepar3D v4\ORBX\User Documents\Versions

There you will see a bunch of .TXT files. Locate the relevant file and remove it from the Versions folder. By way of example, if the affected region is FTX Global openLC North America then the file to remove would be FTX_OLC_NA.TXT.

Now, open FTX Central 3 and you will note in the FTX Global Range category that the FTX Global openLC North America is not installed. Go ahead and install it.

Do the same for any other affected regions. While you are at it you might as well reinstall the FTX Global BASE Pack using the same method.

Once completed, click on Settings (in FTX Central 3) and in the Tools section hit the button to 'Force a re-migration of your unified lclookup...' Force Migration.

Lastly, it's worth running the Migration Troubleshooter to ensure all is well:

Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\Troubleshooter\MigrationTroubleshooter.exe

Mike

if you own FTX Global Vector then be sure that "Frozen Water" is NOT ACTIVATED.

Edited by Alti

I have no idea why my latest post was repeated three times.  Also, I do not have FTX Global Vector installed.

Bob Bressert

2 hours ago, bobterri said:

I have no idea why my latest post was repeated three times.

I fixed that

2 hours ago, bobterri said:

Also, I do not have FTX Global Vector installed

Give us a simulator version, a list of addons used, PC and OS specs, sim settings and tweaks

i7-4790k, nvidia 1080ti, Vengeance Pro Series 16GB DDR3 DRAM 2133MHz, Asus Z97-E/USB3.1 motherboard.

Windows 10

Prepar3d 4.2, FTX Global base pack, PTA 2.61 (I've tried two different presets - both show the black squares), ASP4

Bob Bressert

Also, it doesn't seem to happen all the time.  When it does it seems to be around 18000 to 20000 feet in altitude.

Bob Bressert

On 6/7/2018 at 11:47 AM, bobterri said:

No ORBX openLC for me.

The same method applies for just FTX Global as well.

Alan

I had these problems too. A closer inspection identified those black textures as night textures which are loaded during day time. I found two solutions:

1. As already mentioned a re-install of FTX OLC and FTX Global may help. For me this helped in only some cases.

2. Other LC textures which were installed during add-on airport installation can be problematic too. In my case, terrain files by FlyTampa CYYZ and YSSY were the culprit. After I disabled them in the scenery.cfg the problem was gone.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I have tried reinstalling FTX Global before, trying to correct this. Night textures?  Interesting.

I imagine I'll try a reinstall of P3D4.2.  Never a dull moment flight-simming!!! 

Bob Bressert

Make sure you have latest orbx libraries installed aswell. 

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

I did check.  Up to date, but thanks for the suggestion.

One thing to consider, I used Thopat's preset using PTA 2.61.  A lot of people using PTA 2.61 with this preset report problems.  I had them too.  No clouds and a warning:  "ERROR Applying this Custom Tweak[Clouds Directional Lighting 3]: The Desired Block not Found Preset has been applied with errors." It seems I started seeming the black squares around the time I tried this preset.  Is it possible for a preset to corrupt textures?

Bob Bressert