Sign in to follow this  
AndiKunzi

C421C advanced physics: the real stuff for OEI training

I think this mod is awesome but the only way I could solve the lack of speed was to increase the propeller's thrust scalar from 0.97 to 1.57.

That worked fine as intended.

As for manual start up, I keep well clear from it because no matter what I do (even before I changed the scalar values) the plane went into a rap dance and props flying everywhere. I followed instructions and the destruction happened as soon as I started either left or right engines.  

Regards,

Fred Fleuren

10 hours ago, Fearless said:

As for manual start up, I keep well clear from it because no matter what I do (even before I changed the scalar values) the plane went into a rap dance and props flying everywhere. I followed instructions and the destruction happened as soon as I started either left or right engines.  

I have the same problem. Till now i always started the engines with the Engine Setup "Ready for Taxi".

As son as i hit the Engine Start Button from CaD the "rap dance" begins. From that moment on nothing can bring P3D v4.4 back to normal, no aircraft reload nor aircraft change. P3D has to be restarted to stop the "dance". Whierd 😟

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M

9 hours ago, Raller said:

I have the same problem. Till now i always started the engines with the Engine Setup "Ready for Taxi".

As son as i hit the Engine Start Button from CaD the "rap dance" begins. From that moment on nothing can bring P3D v4.4 back to normal, no aircraft reload nor aircraft change. P3D has to be restarted to stop the "dance". Whierd 😟

Yes, I’ve reverted back to to the original .air and aircraft.cfg files and making some minor adjustments to the cfg. I run FSX so the issues appear to be the same in P3D.

In no instance should an aircraft react so crazy on startup. I don’t believe it would happen in RL. I still have the thrust scalar set at 1.57 but shall reduce it down a fraction. It’s a bit overpowered at the moment. Currently flying to EHAM and will stop on the way and take it to the Workshop for further adjustments.

Edited by Fearless

Regards,

Fred Fleuren

Running sweet now.  Reduced my previous propeller thrust scalar from 1.57 to 1.27. The piston power scalar back to 1.0 and the normalized_starter_torque back to 15.  No more Rap dance on cold start-up.

Regards,

Fred Fleuren

10 minutes ago, Fearless said:

Running sweet now.  Reduced my previous propeller thrust scalar from 1.57 to 1.27. The piston power scalar back to 1.0 and the normalized_starter_torque back to 15.  No more Rap dance on cold start-up.

Can you share your configuration files, please?

Rafael Henrique Carelli

11 hours ago, zazaboeing said:

Can you share your configuration files, please?

I believe I cannot redistribute files 

Have sent you a pm with what I've changed.

Edited by Fearless

Regards,

Fred Fleuren

OK - I followed all of the checklists, but I can't get these mods to work.  When attempting to start the engine on the ground, when I press either of the starter buttons the plane immediately starts spinning violently, and launches into the air like a bottle rocket!  The prop on the applicable engine disappears.  It does this regardless of the position of the prop, throttle and mixture.  This occurs when starting from a cold and dark state - if I try starting from "Ready for Taxi", it starts OK.  But if I turn off the switches, turn them back on, and then attempt to start again, the plane spins like crazy, causing blackout/redout from extreme G forces.  Something is obviously way off.

I have tried editing the files from scratch twice, using the files linked above, and double checking every entry.  I am running P3D4.5.  Any ideas?? Thanks!

Edited by RobP1
added info

On 4/17/2020 at 10:54 PM, RobP1 said:

When attempting to start the engine on the ground, when I press either of the starter buttons the plane immediately starts spinning violently, 

I've had this happen many times in the past. Sometimes it seemed to happen daily. Other times, weeks would go by without 'dancing'. I can't guarantee this is a fix but after months, I've not had it happen. First, make sure you've not conducted other flights in the same session before using the 421. (in other words.. don't fly a Boeing and then switch to the 421).  Second, load a default flight before loading the C421. My guess is that is there is something in the Alabeo code that interacts with a sim config file if not set correctly. A default flight seems to be recommended for complex aircraft.

Worth a try. 

Edited by Danno

I'd be interested in the files as well if they are still available. The C421 has become my favorite piston twin.

I‘m sorry for that the link changed. I don‘t know why. I can‘t edit the first post with the broken link, unfortunately.

New link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dln8xngcgmlofkx/AABqetQwbZOyiqD5Wd9CN0tba?dl=0

Edited by AndiKunzi
  • Upvote 1

Pilot licenses: CPL, IRI, C510, MEP, CRI SEP
P3D V5 professional
CPU: i9-10900K, GPU: RTX 3090, MB: MSI Z490A PRO,
SSD: M.2 Samsung 970 EVO Plus (2 TB) + M.2 (1 TB) , RAM: 32 GB (3600 MHz, CL_16-16-16-36),
water cooling: Heatkiller IV Pro + MO-RA3 420 LT, Display: Panasonic 58“ 4K

@AndiKunzi

Thank you!  Very excited to try this out when I get home.  I found Bernt Stolle's corrected handling CFG and AIR file in the library, I'm wonder if you've seen that and used it via merging or just using your own mod?

Regards,

Joseph Chamberlain

FAA ADX

I haven‘t tried it since I was very happy with the results I had. I haven‘t had the problems some obviously encountered. For me, realistic engine out behavior and accurate performance data were most important. Since June 2019, I‘m training on the Mustang for a reason 🙂

Edited by AndiKunzi
  • Like 1

Pilot licenses: CPL, IRI, C510, MEP, CRI SEP
P3D V5 professional
CPU: i9-10900K, GPU: RTX 3090, MB: MSI Z490A PRO,
SSD: M.2 Samsung 970 EVO Plus (2 TB) + M.2 (1 TB) , RAM: 32 GB (3600 MHz, CL_16-16-16-36),
water cooling: Heatkiller IV Pro + MO-RA3 420 LT, Display: Panasonic 58“ 4K

I wish someone could totally "accusim" this bird. I bought the A2A Bonanza, Commanche, and Skylane during the Christmas sale. Spoiled me toward all other FS aircraft.