Sign in to follow this  
Indy511

New airport from Flightbeam

This will be my first pass on buying from Flightbeam. This is a very region-centric airport. Great for Aussies and NZ folk but that's about it. Zero interest in it. 

• Upvote 3

Eric 

Its a pass this one over for me as well and wait for the next one 2019. 

FSDT have announced GSX 2 custom jetways for any airport and animated passengers .

Edited by rjfry
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 hour ago, pmb said:

BTW, Mir in an FSElite interview just stated that their NZAA project is not dead but will just be completed later.

Kind regards, Michael

That's correct. It's currently delayed right now due construction. In the mean time, Mir focused his time towards a smaller airfield (Wellington), in order to fill the gap. 

You can read more about the delay of NZAA on our forums here:

http://flightbeam.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2930

Cheers.

• Upvote 1

Sante Sottile

8 hours ago, rjfry said:

FSDT have announced GSX 2 custom jetways for any airport and animated passengers .

I saw this in action at their booth. It looks spectacular. Day 1 purchase for me.

Walter Meier

A major disappointment...will pass on this! 

You simply cannot own every airport in the world.

3 hours ago, SP2472 said:

A major disappointment...will pass on this! 

You simply cannot own every airport in the world.

Right. But you can own every airport in NZ. That's the advantage of such a small but pretty country.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I don’t understand people sometimes...it’s a cool airport (it has a Gollum head terminal for goodness sake), in a gorgeous area, with high-quality Orbx scenery, with interesting/challenges approaches, with notable weather (windy Wellington), and it’s served by 777s, 737s and A320s in real life. If you’re making a tick list of what factors a marketable FS airport has, that’s most of them.

Of course, I realize I left off the most important factor: is it in Europe or the US?

I own KMSP, because it’s Flightbeam and they did a lovely job. But ask yourself how many of those points of interest I went through above It has. It’s a generic, fairly ugly airport in an area that’s flat as a pancake basically as far as the eye can see. There’s nothing at all intrinsically interesting about it.

It’s a big world out there in our sim, guys. Go explore!

James

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, honanhal said:

I don’t understand people sometimes...it’s a cool airport (it has a Gollum head terminal for goodness sake), in a gorgeous area, with high-quality Orbx scenery, with interesting/challenges approaches, with notable weather (windy Wellington), and it’s served by 777s, 737s and A320s in real life. If you’re making a tick list of what factors a marketable FS airport has, that’s most of them.

Of course, I realize I left off the most important factor: is it in Europe or the US?

I own KMSP, because it’s Flightbeam and they did a lovely job. But ask yourself how many of those points of interest I went through above It has. It’s a generic, fairly ugly airport in an area that’s flat as a pancake basically as far as the eye can see. There’s nothing at all intrinsically interesting about it.

James

hes got a point

14ppkc-6.png

13 minutes ago, honanhal said:

James

Well said James. Too add to your comment, it also gets a lot of overseas goverment aircraft visiting ( being the capital ) ie USAF 737, RAAF, and Singapore etc. Has regular SIA 777 flights from YMML.

In 1967, a Boeing test pilot, who was trying to covince the NZ Goverment to purchase the 737-200 instead of the Trident, reckoned it was the only time he had white knuckles when he did the harbour circuit to land on runway 16. Anyway, they purchased the 737, but it is a very challenging airport, and I have had many hairy landings there. Youtube has some great videos if one wishes to check it out.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Yep.

I had a Godzone version of NZWN, must have been FS98 or something like that, and this was totally immersing, not only because of the airport itself (completely changing its face during the years in-between) but also because of the city nearby (in fact the captital with a lot of famous landmarks), the situation just at the Southern tip of the Northern Island, the lovely hills around, the Bay, the Hutt valley to the North, the Cook Strait to the South providing a picturesque GA flight over to the Southern Island, and so on

There are certainly extended areas of the world which I don't know and should not judge, but I invite anyone to have a look at NZWN at Google Earth or somewhere else to see what a wonderful place it is. And yes, the wind indeed can be a challenge for flying.

And no, I am not a Kiwi, rather to the opposite, but I am lucky having been there.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I own every Flightbeam airport, because they are the best, so I support them. My employer operates to KSFO but I don’t - not my fleet.

As a passenger I have been through KIAD and KDEN.

I have never been to KMSP or KPHX, but I have, often in P3D.

So now we are getting NZWN. Not operated their for a decade (wrong fleet again) but a day one buy because it is Flightbeam.

With PMDG 777 and 73H, FSLabs A320, ORBX NZ, what a wonderful opportunity to fly to YMML, YSSY, YBBN, YBCG (all available as addon’s), all doable in an evening operating to a real airline schedule, and with PF3 capable of HF procedures across the Tasman, wonderful.

FSX and P3D have been Americentric forever (that is where the programs came from), but it would be good if our US friends continued to support Flightbeam and do what the rest of us have done for years to enjoy add on airports and fly where we don’t go / live.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

One of the most challenging airports in the world in high wind conditions. Unlike most airports high winds occur very frequently. Very.

Instant buy.

Try taking a 737 or 320 in there with steady wind of 50Kts gusts to 65...P3D doesnt scare you a hundredth of the real world. Maybe LM might fix the wind/turbulence model in 4.3 and make it realistic with wind surges etc like in that other sim cough X-#&@%$&

Then Wellington will truly be alive in P3D.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Darren Howie

A caveat to this post, I'm Australian and lived in NZ (Nelson) for 4 years (as a pilot), so may be biased! The thing I love about flightsim is that I get to explore parts of the world I have never been to. I just purchased Justsim's Riga for example and discovered what a joy Latvia is to fly around this time of year! To those that have doubts about Wellington, I encourage you to discover how diverse and beautiful NZ flying can be - with Orbx North and South Islands granted. There is something for everyone I assure you. Godzone did a fantastic version of Nelson airport, which is just across the straight from Wellington. It has regular C208 Caravan flights to Wellington through Sounds Air (thanks for the repaints Mr Attwood!). Then of course there is Dunedin (Godzone again), which has B737 services to there.

Anywhoo, just my 2 cents worth, but I for one am really looking forward to it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Murray Dreyer

2 minutes ago, mdreyer said:

which has B737 services to there.

Sadly, only Virgin fly the 737 into Dunners now. ANZ & Jetstar use the A320.

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.