Sign in to follow this  
Slick9

Descent checklist - landing data challenge...

Hi,

I have a quick question regarding the Vref challenge during the landing data challenge.  I'm having the same issue in both the 777 and the NGX reboot.  When the landing data challenge is spoken by the first officer, I respond with, "vRef  is One Four Five, minimums, Two Seven Three feet"  (or whatever the actual numbers are).  The problem I am having is that after speaking the Vref One Four Five, the first officer says "Check" and then after I speak the minimums there is never a response, so I always have to go with the "set and checked" answer to move to the next item.  As I mentioned, i am experiencing the same issue with both the 777 and the NGX reboot, all the other checklists work with no issues in both aircraft, this is the only hiccup that I'm having.

Am I responding to the challenge incorrectly? 

Richard

Hello,

What do you see in the green bar when you speak the phrases? Does it match what you say?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I'll have to activate the readout bar to see what it says.   

8 hours ago, byork said:

You're probably saying both values too close together.

Speak this phrase independently.  Pause for a second first.

That's where i'm running into trouble Bryan, I say, "vRef  is One Four Five" and immediately the FO says "Check"  I've tried with and without the pause, but the FO is always hits me with a "check" after the Vref readout.  I'll try again this weekend and report back.

Richard

sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this.  I finally had time to fire up P3Dv4 and enable the green comms bar to see what the system was interpreting when i say "VRef is *"  On both the 737NGX Reboot and the T7, FS2Crew interprets my speaking that phrase in random ways.  the green bar showed FS2Crew hearing either just parts of Vref, or something consistently different to what i was actually saying, no matter how slowly or how many times I said it, the program just wasn't hearing me.    The weird thing is that all the other commands that I tried were perfectly understood by both programs.  I even did the voice training twice in Win 7 with no change.  Anyway, don't spend a long time on this - if it just doesn't work, I can just continue using the "Set and Checked" answer to the Vref challenge.

Richard