Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
raex-flight

New Release: Lockheed Vegas Early Acess by wing42

Recommended Posts

Heello world,

just received a email  newsletter about the early access of Wing42s Lockheed Vegas. I know nothing about that developer studio, but looking at their youtube channel ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5nL3og6QdMJGucEcBdeC0g ) they really have a good eye for details. There is a nice startup video and more.  Sadly i am away from my sim machine, so i have to try her at a later day.

Ah - I havent seen a plane  with a fuzebox with actual spare fuzes. Or a 8day clock, which has to be rewinded.

Has anyone already experience with this release?

Cheers!

  • Like 2

Kind regards
John 

Share this post


Link to post

Looks Interesting, but Early Access. Why cant they finish these things off before releasing! 

 

 


AMD Ryzen 3900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 C16

AMD Radeon VII 16GB HBM2 @ 1950/1150 1135mv  - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 7680x1440

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

Share this post


Link to post

Hey raex-flight,

Otmar here from Wing42. There isn't many reviews out there I know of. But you can get a very good look at the plane by watching a live stream of "the Sky Lounge". Edson took her for a spin about a week before release. You can find it here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/268632181

I know of a few people who want to write reviews as well, I'll let you know as soon as something's out.

 

5 hours ago, djbully said:

Looks Interesting, but Early Access. Why cant they finish these things off before releasing!

Hello djbully,

I can answer that question for you. In short: because there's people out there that really like to take part in Early-Access and I like to give them a chance to do so and have a say in the development. I am myself a customer of a number of Early-Access programs and I enjoy them thoroughly.

I can understand that this is not everyone's cup of tea, and it's a perfectly fine decision to say no to the offer and wait until it's finished.

It is my honest opinion that the Vega is at a stage where it is a lot of fun to fly already. The visuals are great, performance is excellent, flight characteristics are extremely accurate and you'll find some really nifty animations and system simulation already. There are a few minor issues that you need to be aware of, and there are a lot of features that are yet to come. But I think that all of this is reflected in the price.

I hope that answers your question. Tell me what you think! 😀

Cheers,

Vitus aka Otmar

 

 

  • Like 1

wing42_logo_smaller.png

www.wing42.com

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, djbully said:

Looks Interesting, but Early Access

No thanks. Just tried this with Traffic Global.

Been there, done that.

Cheers,

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, newtie said:

No thanks. Just tried this with Traffic Global.

Been there, done that.

Cheers,

Mark

I just like to point out that I am not justflight.

But I understand your stance, if it's not for you, it's not for you. 😀


wing42_logo_smaller.png

www.wing42.com

Share this post


Link to post

Early access = pay to beta. Not for me. 


Eric 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

This looks impressive, thanks for pointing it out. I love the aircraft from this period, especially when the systems are faithfully reproduced.  Judging from the UI look for the Vega, and the name Vitus, I assume you are the same developer that was working on the Electra. Does that mean once the Vega is complete you’ll resume work on the L10A?  I was really looking forward to it, so if so that would be great news!


Brian W

KPAE, KRNT

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, BrianW said:

This looks impressive, thanks for pointing it out. I love the aircraft from this period, especially when the systems are faithfully reproduced.  Judging from the UI look for the Vega, and the name Vitus, I assume you are the same developer that was working on the Electra. Does that mean once the Vega is complete you’ll resume work on the L10A?  I was really looking forward to it, so if so that would be great news!

Hey Brian,

yes, the same. Life pushed me away from the sim for a few years but I'm back working on the Vega since 2016 and once she is in it's final release, the Electra will follow. She needs some more polishing up though, as the technology progressed.

Edited by GMVitus
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

wing42_logo_smaller.png

www.wing42.com

Share this post


Link to post

I just bought the Vega 5. As long as a developer is dedicated to full completion, there is nothing wrong with early access.

The developer seems very committed to the completion of a high-quality simulation.  It's apparent to me that a lot of work and imagination has gone into it thus far.

I like to see a project that is being approached with passion like this one.

 

Bob

  • Like 3

Robert Yunque

PilotEdge Ratings =   CAT-11 (2016-09-13)  I-11 (2016-10-23)  V-3 (2016-08-01)

fslabs_banner.png

Share this post


Link to post

 

10 hours ago, GMVitus said:

yes, the same. Life pushed me away from the sim for a few years but I'm back working on the Vega since 2016 and once she is in it's final release, the Electra will follow. She needs some more polishing up though, as the technology progressed.

I’m glad to see you’ve started developing again. What is your plan as far as updates for the Vega, are you intending to do small incremental updates, or larger less frequent ones?  I’m anxious to see some of the engine simulation items added.

  • Like 1

Brian W

KPAE, KRNT

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, signmanbob said:

I just bought the Vega 5. As long as a developer is dedicated to full completion, there is nothing wrong with early access.

The developer seems very committed to the completion of a high-quality simulation.  It's apparent to me that a lot of work and imagination has gone into it thus far.

I like to see a project that is being approached with passion like this one.

 

Bob

Hello Bob,

thank you for saying that, much appreciated! And thank you so much for your support.

I honestly believe the product, as it is right now, is well worth the money I'm asking for and any future update is a net-gain for anyone who purchases the aircraft right now. It was extremely important to me that the Vega was delivered without any game-breaking issues, with an accurate flight model and fun to fly. It took me two years to get her to the stage she is in right now and it is my hope that anyone who flies her can see the value.

And yes, I am very passionate about this aircraft. I invested a lot of time and money into her, how could I not be? 😁

 

1 hour ago, BrianW said:

 

I’m glad to see you’ve started developing again. What is your plan as far as updates for the Vega, are you intending to do small incremental updates, or larger less frequent ones?  I’m anxious to see some of the engine simulation items added.

My intention is to release new updates in one to two month cycles, each one tackling a new aspect of the system simulation and adding a new livery with every update. But I really can't promise this timeline. Some features will require a lot of time to develop and the update-cycle will be affected by this.

For minor things, or intermediate bug-fixes I will publish hot-fixes in my forum. I tried this approach during the testing face with my testers and it worked well.

What I am working on right now are two things:
1. I try to come up with a better solution for the wheel chocks and fix the visibility issue of the tie-downs (they don't show up due to some code-screw-up on my part). I'm yet to find a good solution to fixate the aircraft in one position on the ground without causing issues and suggestions how to tackle this are welcome!

2. Heat exchange. I already built the foundation for the oil system. All the components (lines, connectors, tank, screen, filter, pressure valve, etc.) are modeled and with the help of the https://www.physicsforums.com/, I came up with a great way to calculate pressure and flow in a multi-grid system. There's still some issues with it, but overall it's pretty robust. But since the viscosity is a function mainly of temperature, I now need to calculate the heat exchange between the engine's part and the oil. This is a huge task and will require some time to finish, but it's well on the way 🙂

 

aaaah see what you guys are doing? Once you get me started on this project I can't stop talking 😆


wing42_logo_smaller.png

www.wing42.com

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, GMVitus said:

My intention is to release new updates in one to two month cycles, each one tackling a new aspect of the system simulation and adding a new livery with every update. But I really can't promise this timeline. Some features will require a lot of time to develop and the update-cycle will be affected by this.

Are you going to do cockpit vibrations, as A2A and PMDG do on their piston aircraft? Provides a great enhancement to immersion realism.


My system specs: i7 4790k @4.0 GHz, Nvidia GeForce 970, 16 Gb RAM, Windows 10.  Sim: P3Dv4.5 Professional; Orbx Global and Vector, Orbx OpenLC Eu and NA, and most Orbx FTX regions in EU and NA. Preferred aircraft: PMDG DC-6, Manfred Jahn DC-3 and A2A Bonanza, Comanche and Cherokee

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, AviatorMan said:

Are you going to do cockpit vibrations, as A2A and PMDG do on their piston aircraft? Provides a great enhancement to immersion realism. 

Vibrations are already included. The gauges wobble (check out the youtube channel!), the cowling shakes, the airframe vibrates, etc.

Buuuuuut it's not the final version of the wobble yet. Stage II of the wobble will come when I finished calculating properly the combustion process in the engine (spark timing, fouling, carburetor,...) 😉

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

wing42_logo_smaller.png

www.wing42.com

Share this post


Link to post

Videos are amazing...
So much work, time and passion involved!!
I for sure will support your fantastic investment as soon as I'll come back home in a couple of weeks.
The FS community needs people like you Vitus, my sincere congratulations for your hard work.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
David Roch
Intel 9900K@5.1, Asus Maximus XI Formula, 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 4133 CL17, EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC ULTRA GAMING, 3x SSD Samsung 970 Pro M.2, Corsair 1600W PSU & 49" Samsung curved 4K TV monitor@30Hz.
MSFS Alpha tester

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, David Roch said:

Videos are amazing...
So much work, time and passion involved!!
I for sure will support your fantastic investment as soon as I'll come back home in a couple of weeks.
The FS community needs people like you Vitus, my sincere congratulations for your hard work.

Woooow, thank you for saying this. You made my day!!


wing42_logo_smaller.png

www.wing42.com

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    28%
    $7,035.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...