Sign in to follow this  
Guest glnflwrs

gauges vs. guages ...

>Just as a reminder .....>The term is spelt GAUGE, not GUAGE.>Hehe ... word is spelled .. not speltVern

>"Spelling in the US has reached such a low that I shake my>head at almost every thread I read.">Political statements such as this are forbidden in these>forums. You've just insulted about 50 pct. of the U.S.>readers of this forum--which is exactly what political>statements like this do.>>-JohnJohn- thanks and believe me from the person who wrote that above I learnt :) that the hard way. I read that post above and bit my lip, but c'mon down to these forums and we'll talk a lil' :)http://www.christianforums.com/t1615633-pr...e-for-2008.html

Guest wildfire563

Or my favorite, those people who loose their keys (get a tighter keychain then).

""The original post was meant to warn people who add to the library, since that specific misspelling can cause aircraft to fail or not load at all.""Thank you, John, for summerising the intention of my post.Looking at some of the other replies, I wish I could lock this thread myself :-(*sigh*Best regards, Rob

>(Like the Democrats think, it's the effort that>counts not the results).I can't even begin to tell you how tired, untrue and inane such political comments are...

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

we wear boots as well as putting luggage in them, we also put luggage in trunks, and i have no idea why call the luggage part of a car a trunk. things get interesting when you go to the front of the car; this is an area we have some aggreement we both use hats to cover our engines, but when you consider an engine has a head i guess hats make a lot more sense than boots. :)

"Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe. Too bad computers can't do that..."LOL! I was amazed how quickly I was able to read that. Better not tell the kids... as if things were'nt bad enough already - sigh!Mike

Guest dsflyer

Dogs are not allowed in thethe parkDan

Guest vrandar

>Hehe ... word is spelled .. not spelt>No, it can be either and both are correct.

Guest vas_yan

Personal pet spelling peeve: "Should OF".'nuff :-badteeth said...

Guest deKoven

>Personal pet spelling peeve: "Should OF".>>'nuff :-badteeth said...Don't EVEN go there buddy! As one of the older "senior" generation I DID learn to spell correctly and to use grammer properly (which I am able to do MOST of the time.) I cringe constantly when reading even the newspaper, let alone popular literature. All that said, English (at least my 'merican variety) is still an evolving language. This has all been going on since before Shakespeare; I'd imagine oldsters of his day collectively shaking their heads at his word constructions and spelling. What we seem to be moving toward is a language that conveys the MOST information in the LEAST amount of time. Spelling errors are one way of seeing what is important in that process. As one sig has it over at Neverwinter Nights; "It's rogue, dammit, ROGUE!" in response to the very many who spell it rouge.

Guest UweR

"...is a language that conveys the MOST information in the LEAST amount of time."Can

Guest josh0571

...... yes, well, that's no surprise: most of them are probably North Americans ;)Cheers :)JoshSydney, Australia