Sign in to follow this  
MarkDH

How can I change saturation without using HDR?

Since my previous enquiry was disallowed, can anyone suggest software solutions to P3Dv4's unrealistic super-saturated colours? I know I could adjust the monitors but that doesn't seem like the best approach. HDR doesn't work for me as the centre screen of my three-screen setup always appears much darker.

Suggestions welcome, it seems I'm not the only one  in this boat.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

ReShade should do the trick.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 hour ago, Sethos1988 said:

Thanks, I'll check it out.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

12 hours ago, Sethos1988 said:

Hmmm, I looked at that now and can't really figure out what it is. It talks about 'post processing', which suggests there's going to be a perpetual overhead in using it?

I'm wondering if there's something like nvidia control panel but that would let me associate a colour profile with a specific application.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

17 hours ago, MarkDH said:

Suggestions welcome, it seems I'm not the only one  in this boat.

Try the video card driver controls ie Digital Vibrance etc. or do you include that as a monitor control.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

2 hours ago, gboz said:

Try the video card driver controls ie Digital Vibrance etc. or do you include that as a monitor control.

If it affects all apps it's no different than adjusting the monitors. I want something that will adjust it for P3D only. In other words, when I run another app or the Windows desktop the colours remain normal. The video driver controls (such as nvidia control panel) don't seem to allow me to do it app by app.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

12 hours ago, MarkDH said:

The video driver controls (such as nvidia control panel) don't seem to allow me to do it app by app.

Have a look at PTA (payware).

https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/764-p3d-tweak-assistant-pta-and-realismshaderpack/

https://www.simtweaks.com/

A lot easier to use than ReShade.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

5 hours ago, gboz said:

A lot easier to use than ReShade.

gb.

ReShade you can quickly change on the fly, to dial in your needs. PTA you need to tweak, start the sim, close the sim, tweak again, start the sim, close the sim, tweak etc. Oh and it's free and has way, way more filters. So curious as to how PTA could be easier?

In any case, I suggest OP looks at TomatoShade instead; https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/537439-tomato-shade-been-outta-the-loop/

Many of the same features and adjustables but it's free. No need to pay for a few vibrance changes.

Edited by Sethos1988

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

6 hours ago, gboz said:

Have a look at PTA (payware).

Thanks, I bought this now and am experimenting with it.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

54 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

ReShade you can quickly change on the fly, to dial in your needs. PTA you need to tweak, start the sim, close the sim, tweak again, start the sim, close the sim, tweak etc.

Yes, this is immediately obvious with PTA. It seems more a case of finding someone else's profile and then having the option to modify something if required. It's certainly not convenient for experimenting with subtleties but it looks like it will give me the gross adjustments I need.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg