Sign in to follow this  
Amon1973

P3d v4.3

As in the title of the thread, p3d v4.3 is coming out in June.

https://pcflight.net/series/podcasts/

Edited by eaim
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Nice, source?

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Source and what can we expect if anything at all? I hope LM have addressed many issues which have been around since pretty much day one, take dynamic lighting for example. The random appearance of ntdll errors and many more. 

55 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

Nice, source?

[Link removed] LM announced it in the pcflight podcast released a few hours ago.

Edited by Jim Young
Link to PC Flight removed. Was not to podcast but to the general website.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

60FPS with all sliders to the right, maybe????

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

For VR users, they fixed the single-pass rendering bug so 4.3 is eagerly anticipated. 

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

What I took away from the podcast is that we are lucky (despite this being Podcast #13) as users to have people like Ben and Adam who explain the inner workings of the two sims. Everyone should listen to the full podcast, as PBR is coming soon (but not immediate, as it won't be incorporated into V4.3 this month) and V5 could have a new rendering engine. The last item was a bit vague as to what that exactly means, though. VR is a big emphasis and the HTC Vive Pro got an nice endorsement. Speech Recognition may act as a catalyst for improving the ATC. Also there was a lot of discussion about 3rd party developers and how important they are to LM. Improving helicopter realism is a priority as is SimDirector. They'll probably be some more tidbits of first hand news as LM is sending 4 people to Las Vegas.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

Thanks Jay for summarizing. I would like to add that Adam stated that they don't intend to modify anything w.r.t. to the Academic License and in no way is it supposed to disappear. He actually interpreted its use quite loosely to give people a chance to start early with education and simulation. (This point only as an info, please stay away from license discussions.)

Another fact I found interesting is that LM, while initially licensing the ESP engine from MS, now obviously owns the complete code of Prepar3d.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Sorry I could not give more info in the OP, as I'm at work and I was a bit too busy to write a summary, at least I got the news out that v4.3 was immanent. 

Edited by eaim
  • Like 2

All good - thanks for sharing.

• Upvote 1

P3D really needs PBR, bring on 4.3 (or 4.4 even) !

P3D lighting looks so "dull" compared to Xplane.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Matthew S

On 6/8/2018 at 9:38 PM, Sethos1988 said:

Nice, source?

PCflight  interviewed a P3D developer,it's no rumor

PBR would be fantastic, as implementation generally doesn't come with a huge performance hit (it's a different way for treating light).

PBR might fix the ugly Speedtrees issue as they natively use PBR.

I'm daft, what is PBR? Physics Based Rendering? What does it do/allow? 

Edited by B777ER
  • Like 1

Eric