Sign in to follow this  
Amon1973

P3d v4.3

lol...he was mentioning Voice Support "Make it rain".  Yay!!! Time to uninstall 4.2

I wanna tell my computer "Make it rain" especially when flying over Vegas (there is pun in here, if you get it....cheers)

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

If true, I wanna see the airport data base get updated.  I've been hoping for this for a long time.  And I don't expect payware level, but updated TWYS, RWYS, buildings, freqs for NAV equipment.  Things like that.

• Like 1

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

4 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

If true, I wanna see the airport data base get updated.  I've been hoping for this for a long time.  And I don't expect payware level, but updated TWYS, RWYS, buildings, freqs for NAV equipment.  Things like that.

And put all those data in an updateable database. This would be one of the questions I would ask them first, if allowed. Unfortunately, I am not allowed.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

I'm daft, what is PBR? Physics Based Rendering? What does it do/allow? 

You're nor daft at all. I do find it frustrating when people post these kind of things without the full name.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi guys,

I am here in the expo as an Exhibitor, I meet the LM team who came to meet me at my booth

These guys are awesome, they listened to my features request, they loved my product, they tried it and were extremely friendly.

I can tell you these guys will continue expanding the platform without limits.. Stay tuned.

All the best,

Simbol 

• Like 16

6 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

You're nor daft at all. I do find it frustrating when people post these kind of things without the full name.

+1

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

18 minutes ago, simbol said:

Hi guys,

I am here in the expo as an Exhibitor, I meet the LM team who came to meet me at my booth

These guys are awesome, they listened to my features request, they loved my product, they tried it and were extremely friendly.

I can tell you these guys will continue expanding the platform without limits.. Stay tuned.

All the best,

Simbol 

Hi Simbol:

If able, would you please ask them about updating the airports...and making it updateable.

Thank you

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

2 hours ago, B777ER said:

I'm daft, what is PBR? Physics Based Rendering? What does it do/allow? 

Basically it will allow materials to look a bit more realistic. PBR adds additional  information to an image so it can be rendered more realistically in a simulation or game when used as a texture for your model.

Boring longer explanation...

You probably know that a texture in a computer game can have several channels which act upon how it appears: Really basic textures in a game/sim would only have three channels, these being Red, Green and Blue (RGB); various combinations of those R, G and B colours (usually in a numerical value range from 0 to 255 for each colour) will mix together to form all the different colours of your image by making each pixel (picture element) a specific colour. For example, set the RGB values for a pixel at R-255, G-0, B-0 and you'll have a full on bright red pixel, set them at R-255, G-0 and B-100 and some of the blue will mix with the red and give you a purple coloured pixel, and so on. Add an additional 'alpha' channel to a texture and you can have that channel depict differing levels of transparency; completely transparent where that alpha channel pixel is black, completely opaque where a pixel is is white, or anywhere in between those levels of transparency/opacity by varying the number. That's how the windows in your flight sim plane are depicted as being see-through.

Many sims and games go further than this however, linking additional images to a  texture image to have those do stuff to how the object looks too, the most well known example of this would be a 'bump map' image, where you might have the rivets on a bare metal Douglas DC-3 be depicted as actually sticking out a bit by using a bump map texture to do that instead of actually having to actually model 3D rivets sticking out of the model a little bit, this functions a little bit like how an alpha channels works, but depicts the roughness of a surface as opposed to how transparent it is as is the case with an alpha channel. Then you might also use an image file to depict how reflective the material is, and so on. It works, but it's time consuming and requires a bit of an artistic touch to do it well.

More recently however, games and sims have started using PBR values to give textures much more realism, by assigning values to the albedo (level of light a surface reflects) and diffusion (how much what is reflected scatters off in different directions). This is not only quicker to do, but looks better as well and is based on physics rather than artistry. This means you can assign the Albedo and Diffusion values for aluminium to a fuselage texture and it will look like aluminium and assign the Albedo and Diffusion values for rubber to a tire on your aeroplane and its tires will look like rubber. There are other values you can add for PBR, but that's the gist of it. It'll make your planes look more realistic, i.e. you plane could look wet when it is raining in the sim and dry when it is sunny etc.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Basically it will allow materials to look a bit more realistic. PBR adds additional  information to an image so it can be rendered more realistically in a simulation or game when used as a texture for your model.

Boring longer explanation...

You probably know that a texture in a computer game can have several channels which act upon how it appears: Really basic textures in a game/sim would only have three channels, these being Red, Green and Blue (RGB); various combinations of those R, G and B colours (usually in a numerical value range from 0 to 255 for each colour) will mix together to form all the different colours of your image by making each pixel (picture element) a specific colour. For example, set the RGB values for a pixel at R-255, G-0, B-0 and you'll have a full on bright red pixel, set them at R-255, G-0 and B-100 and some of the blue will mix with the red and give you a purple coloured pixel, and so on. Add an additional 'alpha' channel to a texture and you can have that channel depict differing levels of transparency; completely transparent where that alpha channel pixel is black, completely opaque where a pixel is is white, or anywhere in between those levels of transparency/opacity by varying the number. That's how the windows in your flight sim plane are depicted as being see-through.

Many sims and games go further than this however, linking additional images to a  texture image to have those do stuff to how the object looks too, the most well known example of this would be a 'bump map' image, where you might have the rivets on a bare metal Douglas DC-3 be depicted as actually sticking out a bit by using a bump map texture to do that instead of actually having to actually model 3D rivets sticking out of the model a little bit, this functions a little bit like how an alpha channels works, but depicts the roughness of a surface as opposed to how transparent it is as is the case with an alpha channel. Then you might also use an image file to depict how reflective the material is, and so on. It works, but it's time consuming and requires a bit of an artistic touch to do it well.

More recently however, games and sims have started using PBR values to give textures much more realism, by assigning values to the albedo (level of light a surface reflects) and diffusion (how much what is reflected scatters off in different directions). This is not only quicker to do, but looks better as well and is based on physics rather than artistry. This means you can assign the Albedo and Diffusion values for aluminium to a fuselage texture and it will look like aluminium and assign the Albedo and Diffusion values for rubber to a tire on your aeroplane and its tires will look like rubber. There are other values you can add for PBR, but that's the gist of it. It'll make your planes look more realistic, i.e. you plane could look wet when it is raining in the sim and dry when it is sunny etc.

Best post I have ever read😀 Can't wait for PBR in Prepar3D V5

Just now, simbol said:

You guys will love GSX Level 2, Umberto just gave me a private demo, it is just unbelievable!

Regards,

Simbol 

Is it a paid upgrade, or free for existing GSX users?

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Simbol , you are man inside now ...

Can you ask about improvements regarding multi monitor views and performance ? 

Or improvement of rendering photo real scenery ?

Have fun 😀

regards,

Gerard

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

5 minutes ago, simbol said:

You guys will love GSX Level 2, Umberto just gave me a private demo, it is just unbelievable!

Regards,

Simbol 

64-bit only or can we 32-bit pilots hope for an upgrade?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather