Sign in to follow this  
Amon1973

P3d v4.3

17 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Simbol , you are man inside now ...

Can you ask about improvements regarding multi monitor views and performance ? 

Or improvement of rendering photo real scenery ?

Have fun 😀

regards,

Gerard

All that is coming in time, amazing things for the future but I cannot disclose it.

S.

7 minutes ago, simbol said:

This works with 64bit only.

S.

My fears confirmed. Thanks all the same.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just now, Ray Proudfoot said:

My fears confirmed. Thanks all the same.

I think 64 bit is the only way forward Ray. However that's not very good news for those running 32 bit software.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

4 minutes ago, eaim said:

I think 64 bit is the only way forward Ray. However that's not very good news for those running 32 bit software.

I agree and hopefully once Concorde 64-bit is released by FSL I'll make the switch. I could get v4 now of course but having two versions of a sim on the same PC is not something I've ever done. Twice the workload to keep on top of everything! :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, simbol said:

All that is coming in time, amazing things for the future but I cannot disclose it.

S.

They said that last time. Rob said this was the year for the simmer or something like that. Wake me up when they fix dynamic lighting, wind shifts, improved ai, and less stuttering when in 60 hertz. I could give less of a 💩 about VR. 

Edited by tooting
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, simbol said:

You guys will love GSX Level 2, Umberto just gave me a private demo, it is just unbelievable!

Regards,

Simbol 

Did he give any indication of when it will be released?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I could get v4 now of course but having two versions of a sim on the same PC is not something I've ever done. Twice the workload to keep on top of everything!

I have v4.2 and FSX installed on the same drive.  I use FSX for setting up the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide and helping FSX users if they have issues by trying to replicate the issue.  It is amazing to me though how much better P3DV4.2 is in comparison.  Like night and day.  One must remember though that P3D will get a major upgrade two years after the previous version and P3DV4 was released in May 2017 (I bought v4 on 30 May 2017).  When V5 arrives, you will have to pay the full price again (if you decide to upgrade to v5).  Of course, like FS2000, 2002, 2004 and FSX, the new version dates can be sooner or later but two years is the general MO right now.  Hate for you to buy V4 in November only to see a new version in May!

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

6 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

I have v4.2 and FSX installed on the same drive.  I use FSX for setting up the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide and helping FSX users if they have issues by trying to replicate the issue.  It is amazing to me though how much better P3DV4.2 is in comparison.  Like night and day.  One must remember though that P3D will get a major upgrade two years after the previous version and P3DV4 was released in May 2017 (I bought v4 on 30 May 2017).  When V5 arrives, you will have to pay the full price again (if you decide to upgrade to v5).  Of course, like FS2000, 2002, 2004 and FSX, the new version dates can be sooner or later but two years is the general MO right now.  Hate for you to buy V4 in November only to see a new version in May!

Jim

Jim,

You do a commendable job keeping that guide up to date. For those who don’t have the latest hardware FSX remains a viable sim.

I found the switch to P3D v3.4 a significant one with cockpit shadows being a major improvement as well as better VAS handling. I believe performance is even better with v4 but I’ve never been an early adopter. And now you mention v5 when it starts all over again. 🤨

My decision is really down to FSL and when Concorde is released. My other aircraft are already 64 bit compatible. The other decision I then have to make is resolution. 4K or QHD for a 1080 with a near 5 year old 4770K i7. I favour a 32” QHD monitor just to keep FPS high. Decisions decisions eh? 😄

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Usually every dot release is around 6 months or so.  So in a year we usually get to see 2 point releases (anything can change).  Prepar3d v2 went up to 2.5 and v3 up to 3.4.  We are only on 4.3.  So we could be on 4.5 next year...who knows.  All these projects change.

All I know is that my time gets wasted big time b/c some of the best addon makers want to to install into the sim as usual (i will gripe on this till all the players in the scene install outside the sim directory...it is common sense...anyway this part of the convo is for another new thread).

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

30 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Usually every dot release is around 6 months or so.  So in a year we usually get to see 2 point releases (anything can change).  Prepar3d v2 went up to 2.5 and v3 up to 3.4.  We are only on 4.3.  So we could be on 4.5 next year...who knows.  All these projects change.

From what I understand, it is V1, V2, V3, V4, V5, V6, etc. with fixes and updates within each Version.  So far, since V1, that is what has happened.

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

You do a commendable job keeping that guide up to date. For those who don’t have the latest hardware FSX remains a viable sim.

Thanks Ray.  I have had a lot of help from others too and I get a lot of information for the guide from the many recommendations and suggestions from the AVSIM membership.  It's sad that someday (I think soon), we won't need the guide anymore as everyone will have moved on.  We'll still have FS9 though!! 😄

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

If you want to see PBR rather than watch a video go download the free xplane demo.

Load the 737 or 172 at dusk ir dawn and pan around the aircraft and watch the way the refections, light bouncing off rivets, canopies and all aircraft curves etc work.

Its next level stuff and when you see it you will see what is missing from P3D.

Darren Howie

Yes, I really miss the PBR that I saw in FSW. PBR really made the cockpit looks real, hopefully we can see PBR get implement in P3D, and lets not forget Truesky.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2018 at 12:33 AM, jabloomf1230 said:

and V5 could have a new rendering engine

What exactly would this mean?  A new terrain engine?