Sign in to follow this  
Amon1973

P3d v4.3

You can disable updates the same way in Pro.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, simbol said:

As I said before LM cares about the 3rd party developers

I listened to the PCFlight Podcast and today's FSElite interview with LM and I do tend to agree that LM is far more engaged with the needs of (this) community than they tend to be given credit for. 

I think there is a lot of forum-spawned negativity with regards LM's connection to our community (largely because they don't communicate as openly as we would like), but it seems reasonable after having listened to Adam Breed that the negativity is unfounded.

It seems like there are interesting and good times times ahead for us all.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

It best to disable win 10 updates through group policy settings in the pro version. Apparently disabling the service can be overridden by win 10 for “urgent” updates. 

Bully. 

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

2 hours ago, ErichB said:

I listened to the PCFlight Podcast and today's FSElite interview with LM and I do tend to agree that LM is far more engaged with the needs of (this) community than they tend to be given credit for. 

I think there is a lot of forum-spawned negativity with regards LM's connection to our community (largely because they don't communicate as openly as we would like), but it seems reasonable after having listened to Adam Breed that the negativity is unfounded.

It seems like there are interesting and good times times ahead for us all.

I cannot agree more with your comments, specially after meeting Adam, Rob and Kayla in Vegas.

All of them took notes and acknowledged my personal needs as a developer to take the P3D platform to the next level, the future is not only promising but also very bright for P3D developers and end users.

All the best.
Simbol

• Like 4

4.3, interesting. I don't have P3D installed right now and I will wait with installing anyway now 4.3 is coming close. I wonder though what it will bring, being just a point release... Can't be that much...?

Concerning PBR: nice, but how will it work with current addons? One thing I like about Aerofly FS 2 is that every surface has a certain color and texture and the look of it changes depending on if and how the light shines on it. This makes things look pretty real when looking or moving around. When you move, the highlights also move and stuff like that. Really nice and realistic. In P3D however every addon plane I know has every highlight and what not baked into the textures... which doesn't look real when you move around. No matter how you look at things or how the light falls on it, the hightlights are stuck in place. So I wonder how PBR would work with that and if planes won't need completely new textures to benefit from it?

17 minutes ago, J van E said:

One thing I like about Aerofly FS 2 is that every surface has a certain color and texture

The one thing I like about P3D is that the earth surface forms a sphere 😝

Jeroen, you are quite an enigma in P3D land.  You go from completely skeptical, to evangelical in a matter of hours and then.................... to STATUS:  UNINSTALLED.  😄

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, ErichB said:

The one thing I like about P3D is that the earth surface forms a sphere 😝

Jeroen, you are quite an enigma in P3D land.  You go from completely skeptical, to evangelical in a matter of hours and then.................... to STATUS:  UNINSTALLED.  😄

LOL I have P3D not installed because I had to reinstall my entire computer last weekend. It's not that I uninstalled P3D on purpose because I think it is utter crap. 😁 But now I know 4.3 is coming I think it's a waste of time (and of my very clean system) to reinstall 4.2 right now. 😉

But regardless of that, yeah, I can be very fickle LOL

6 hours ago, J van E said:

LOL I have P3D not installed because I had to reinstall my entire computer last weekend. It's not that I uninstalled P3D on purpose because I think it is utter crap. 😁 But now I know 4.3 is coming I think it's a waste of time (and of my very clean system) to reinstall 4.2 right now. 😉

But regardless of that, yeah, I can be very fickle LOL

LOL fickle you say. I shared some of your post with a friend who is a shrink. He read them...started to quiver all over and had to call his shrink for an emergency session!!😂

Edited by shivers9
  • Like 4

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

My only wish for 4.3 is sharper photo textures in the distance. I'm not asking for much. 😎

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

4 hours ago, DJJose said:

My only wish for 4.3 is sharper photo textures in the distance. I'm not asking for much. 😎

As none of all ever released ESP-based engines since 2004 (14 years...) ever managed to offer this, I think you are asking for A LOT :biggrin:

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

5 minutes ago, AnkH said:

As none of all ever released ESP-based engines since 2004 (14 years...) ever managed to offer this, I think you are asking for A LOT :biggrin:

I am still fiddling with TEXT_BAND_MULT with my SLI GTX 970´s which almost is a no go in 2018. Mostly because of the sparse 4GB(3,5GB) VRAM. SLI is actually kind of nice these days with P3Dv4.2

Would love some improvements that gonna make me skip SLI for 1080TI or next version 😃

Thanks

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Honestly, I do not understand why people still use SLI (or Crossfire). This was imho always only a enthusiast solution and ideally only used with the two (or three) top cards of the current generation. Exactly due to it's limitations, for example regarding VRAM usage. As long as there is no VRAM stacking, SLI is never going to be an option for me. And even with two 1080Ti: the only advantage I see is if you use multiple screens with huge resolution. Otherwise, the CPU will limit a single 1080Ti long before it is 100% used (as in many other games).

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

is there somewhere a sum up of features of V4.3?

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

25 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Honestly, I do not understand why people still use SLI (or Crossfire). This was imho always only a enthusiast solution and ideally only used with the two (or three) top cards of the current generation. Exactly due to it's limitations, for example regarding VRAM usage. As long as there is no VRAM stacking, SLI is never going to be an option for me. And even with two 1080Ti: the only advantage I see is if you use multiple screens with huge resolution. Otherwise, the CPU will limit a single 1080Ti long before it is 100% used (as in many other games).

Agree almost 😎, but going from 1080P to 4K a cheap way for me was adding the extra 970 during P3Dv3.

1080TI in SLI would benefit Dynamic Lighting,reflections and shadows for sure. I see a giant differents single vs SLI performance wise.

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png