Sign in to follow this  
Amon1973

P3d v4.3

1 minute ago, simbol said:

Gosh, don't tell me I will also need to develop an AI Package! lol

As a curiosity what AI Models are you talking about? A380? A330, B737-800 Max?

S.

TFS A330, T7 mostly. TFS A380 is good enough since there are not may operators anyway. Yes, 737 MAX. Basically, what is not available from FAIB. 

Well, if you ever need another beta tester I can apply for that position😉. I was once beta tester for CLS back in FS9 with their DC10 and A330 and also once library manager here at AVSIM.

10 minutes ago, TrentXWB said:

TFS A330, T7 mostly. TFS A380 is good enough since there are not may operators anyway. Yes, 737 MAX. Basically, what is not available from FAIB. 

Well, if you ever need another beta tester I can apply for that position😉. I was once beta tester for CLS back in FS9 with their DC10 and A330 and also once library manager here at AVSIM.

Pay attention to Erez Werber, he might be releasing something soon :wink:

S.

Edited by simbol

Just now, simbol said:

Pay attention to Eric Weber, he might be releasing something soon :wink:

S.

Roger that! 

9 minutes ago, TrentXWB said:

Roger that! 

Actually he already did.. his FAIB B737-800 has been re-released as SP3 which contains the model with scimitars! converting it basically into a B737-800 MAX, go an get it!.

I knew he was doing it.. haha.

Regards,
S.

3 minutes ago, simbol said:

Actually he already did.. his FAIB B737-800 has been re-released as SP3 which contains the model with scimitars! converting it basically into a B737-800 MAX, go an get it!.

I knew he was doing it.. haha.

Regards,
S.

Where if I may ask? I know about scimitars but MAX? and also I have never heard about FAIB MAX repaints.

1 hour ago, bonchie said:

Why?

I let W10 update and I've had zero problems in any games, including P3D4 and XP11.

Some of the things we used to do because FSX was so finicky just aren't necessary anymore. 

1) Win 10 in particular can sometimes uninstall drivers you have installed and replace them with windows default version. This can cause problems. 

2) If on-line gaming, for example iRacing or other driving sim. I don’t want windows using any of my bandwidth to do anything not related to what I am doing. 

3) I don’t want windows to be installing anything while I am tying to play anything. This can cause performance issues in game/sim. 

4) These are the main ones, there are probably others I can’t think of right now 😎

Bully.

Edited by djbully

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

1 hour ago, djbully said:

1) Win 10 in particular can sometimes uninstall drivers you have installed and replace them with windows default version. This can cause problems.

The only time that's happened to me is during a major update (the Spring Creators Update, for example, when it updated my NVIDIA graphics driver). That said, you can easily stop Win 10 from updating drivers: https://pureinfotech.com/exclude-driver-updates-windows-10/

1 hour ago, djbully said:

2) If on-line gaming, for example iRacing or other driving sim. I don’t want windows using any of my bandwidth to do anything not related to what I am doing.

In the Windows Update Settings, Advanced Options, Delivery Optimisation, Advanced Options you can change the amount of bandwidth Windows Update uses.

• Upvote 1

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Over on the Aerosoft forum, Mathijs had indicated that they were expecting lighting and graphics enhancements to feature in 4.3.  Perhaps the DL performance will be addressed in this update.

I think this is linked to the PBR that LM will introduce with v4.3. Honestly, I really wonder how this will work, as to my knowledge, for proper PBR optics, the textures have to be created accordingly. Might be that some addon planes and some sceneries look rather ugly with PBR activated until they get an update. We will see...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

I think this is linked to the PBR that LM will introduce with v4.3. Honestly, I really wonder how this will work, as to my knowledge, for proper PBR optics, the textures have to be created accordingly. Might be that some addon planes and some sceneries look rather ugly with PBR activated until they get an update. We will see...

PBR is not coming for 4.3, such changes cannot be introduced in a minor revision.

Regards,

Simbol 

Ok, good to know. The rest of my post is still valid though ;-)

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Maybe Tuesday?

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6306&p=181241&sid=7745b20ceb4fc62db64977ef66ed063c#p181241

Simon

23 minutes ago, simon747 said:

Lol..Awesome.

Based on the polls - few key developers in this thread, did not post their votes (another related 4.3 thread with poll).  I bet they already know when 4.3 is being released.

It is always excited (depends which way you look at it) when a new release comes.  I really hope we have engine improvements and my video cards are used more efficiently.  One can still hope.

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I interpreted that post to mean the changelog will be released Tuesday with the release to follow later.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram