Sign in to follow this  
Amon1973

P3d v4.3

17 minutes ago, Bardia said:

Appreciate the lecture but they’ve already said it’s going to be issued before the end of June.

So? 26th is before the end of June and I am not lecturing anyone, I am just expressing my guess like anybody else on this topic.

S.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Bardia said:

Appreciate the lecture but they’ve already said it’s going to be issued before the end of June.

The 26th isn't before the end of June?

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I must admit I am somewhat baffled the amount of interest a point release is generating. Minor fixes and updates only ... surely?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Yeah, I reviewed the last change log with a microscope and didn't see anything in there that would have made my life different, so skipped it (which actually isn't like me- usually all over this stuff regardless).  I'll get this next one though.

+1 hoping for performance updates.

I'm with the fella who predicted the 26th - releasing just before a weekend (and it's already after 5:00 P.M. central time Wednesday in the U.S.) would probably mean everyone would have to work through the weekend doing support, monitoring servers, monitoring forums, keeping lists of bugs reported, etc.

Mark

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

... Minor fixes and updates only ... surely?

No! It will be a festival of super performance increases, (98%) faster loading, absolutely no CTDs..Ever! Oh deep joy, we are saved. Hallelujah! Suck on that XP11 😍

• Like 5

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

9 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I must admit I am somewhat baffled the amount of interest a point release is generating. Minor fixes and updates only ... surely?

Everyone is always hoping that the next update will be THE UPDATE to rule them all. The fact that in the past this has never happened doesn't make a difference. I also don't expect anything extraordinary from 4.3: I am just waiting for it so I can reinstall P3D (after my recent reinstall of my PC). 

People need hope. Hope is the anchor of the soul. 

Wait, come to think of it... the addition of cloud shadows came with a point release if I recall correctly. And that was a very nice surprise! So sometimes LM does actually surprise us. Hm... what was the release date of 4.3 again...? 😎

15 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

No! It will be a festival of super performance increases, (98%) faster loading, absolutely no CTDs..Ever! Oh deep joy, we are saved. Hallelujah! Suck on that XP11 😍

Not the same stuff everytime ... like with that famous texture add-on: some peoples read announcements, their expectations are rocketing into the space and then they go ballistic when their hyperbolized wishes are not met and they don't get 50% better frame rates 

Edited by charliearon
Sorry...not letting that one fly!

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Not so sure...

AEROSFT has delayed the release of their pro buses waiting for P3D 4.3 and they know the details, but they have a NDA.

5 hours ago, J van E said:

Everyone is always hoping that the next update will be THE UPDATE to rule them all.

P3D updates are like a box of chocolates........

The same predictable crap every time? :laugh::laugh:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

P3D updates are like a box of chocolates........

You users yes, for developer like me (who don't have access to future P3D releases) it is like a Pandora box waiting to happen ha-ha.

Regards,
S.

• Like 3

point releases are minor and changelogs to the user may be quite uninteresting, but if you notice , some devs will require you to be on a certain version , (usually the very latest) because what a user perceives to be nothing, actually fixes a big issue with xyz addon for it to work properly. Therefore a point release is more than meets the eye from what im reading about. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

1 hour ago, simbol said:

You users yes, for developer like me (who don't have access to future P3D releases) it is like a Pandora box waiting to happen ha-ha.

Regards,
S.

After meeting the LM team in Vegas, surely by now you would have been invited to be in LM beta team.

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Just now, Skywolf said:

After meeting the LM team, surely by now you would have been invited to be in LM beta team.

I am trying.. it is not easy to get in..

S.

15 minutes ago, simbol said:

I am trying.. it is not easy to get in..

S.

After you get in, seriously nominate me.  Rooting for ya.  By the way, I installed your AI lights free yesterday - omg, amazing

• Like 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)