Sign in to follow this  
fluffyflops

FSL Website hacked ??

They posted on there FB page.

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

24 minutes ago, tooting said:

so just email addresses and serials numbers then ?

and just explain briefing GDPR to me, this is all the emails ive got recently regarding "your customer data" 

Thanks

GDPR is pan-European regulation (affects ANY company doing business with european individuals) that governs how companies and organisations handle and protect your personal data.
This includes direct personal data such as your name, social security number and home address, but also indirect data like IP-address, membership ID# and mobile phone number.

Services that you are using must now offer 'Privacy by default", which means that companies must ASK for your consent to collect anything about you, such as website cookies. Default state is not enabled.
GDPR empowers the individual. Offers you the right to be forgotten, the right to demand who has access to your personal data within a company

Moreover, the fines are very hefty for being in gross violation of GDPR. 20 million EUR or 4 % annual turnover, and security breaches (such as what just happened at FSL) MUST be reported within 72 hours.

Edited by SAS443
  • Upvote 2

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Thankyou Niklas.  and this is because of cambridge anaylitica and facebook i guess then ??

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

7 minutes ago, tooting said:

Thankyou Niklas.  and this is because of cambridge anaylitica and facebook i guess then ??

No origination started in early 2016.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

6 hours ago, Woozie said:

They claim to be in possession of client data and serial numbers...if that's true and they gonna release it to the public

Are you referring to the 'hacker(s)' or FSL themselves? If the company, they only captured one individual's data: the pirate who released the cracked version to various pirate websites.

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

6 hours ago, Woozie said:

Every business within the European Economic Area (not just the EU) has to obey to these laws.

Not true! Every company, institution or organization, who process, obtain or store data from citizen who reside in countries, which are member of EU/EEC, have to obey and abide by these laws. 

The fines are also considerable, if a breach or leak of data happens. The given company, could be fined from €10 million to €20 million or 2-4% of their annual revenue - whichever is higher. Depended on the size and/or seriousness of the breach. The actions of the company is also taken into account, when determining if, how and when a company should be subject to these fines.

I have read the regulation and have worked quite extensively with GDPR at work. 😊

Edited by Anders Bermann

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Things like that hurt the entire FS community, not just FSLabs. 

• Like 1

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

2 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

Not true! Every company, institution or organization, who process, obtain or store data from citizen who reside in countries, which are member of EU/EEC, have to obey and abide by these laws. 

The fines are also considerable, if a breach or leak of data happens. The given company, could be fined from €10 million to €20 million or 2-4% of their annual revenue - whichever is higher. Depended on the size and/or seriousness of the breach. The actions of the company is also taken into account, when determining if, how and when a company should be subject to these fines.

I have read the regulation and have worked quite extensively with GDPR at work. 😊

In practice the fines are much lower than that,  very rarely above 100k, most likely  around 10-20k. And that is if they have been found guilty of negligence.

From what  I see in the screenshot on the first post the passwords are encrypted so at least the user accounts are safe.

9 hours ago, thibodba57 said:

No origination started in early 2016.

You learn something new every day. Cheers for that 

14ppkc-6.png

25 minutes ago, 238932 said:

In practice the fines are much lower than that,  very rarely above 100k, most likely  around 10-20k. And that is if they have been found guilty of negligence.

Time will tell, what will be set as legal precedence. Currently there is none, since the law haven't been used in practice (yet). So to state that the legal fines are smaller than what is potentially dictated by the law, is a bit premature and remains to be seen. Also, it's in general up the individual authoritative instance in the giving country where the leak/breach is detected, to assess what disciplinary actions should be taken.

We'll see... I wouldn't rule out, that the fines could be that high in serious cases.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

4 hours ago, n4gix said:

Are you referring to the 'hacker(s)' or FSL themselves? If the company, they only captured one individual's data: the pirate who released the cracked version to various pirate websites.

I was referring to the hacker(s)

Company's in the UK have already been fined under this law as it includes your employees personal data, but this is why the EU are looking into Apple and Goggle who are know to collect data, its not against the law in the US as Goggle collect and sell data that why its free like Facebook.

And there are some in the industry who say data will be the new oil in future in terms of worth.

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I can really see FSL shutting up shop, they have incurred so many problems over the past year (it has to be said largely of there own making), they are moving from one crisis to another almost without a break, i am surprised that they have any time left for development.

Ian R Tyldesley

The FSL forums are back online as is their primary website.

Edited by RudiJG1
  • Like 2

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

It's super interesting to see everyone's opinions and reactions to FSL and their mistakes and misfortunes. People often forget (mostly because it's not placed in the spotlight) how much data their smartphones, facebook, windows, and most other software manufacturers and developers mine through a variety of "malicious" or otherwise hidden code or means. It's true that FS Labs as a company has made some misguided decisions (or perhaps guided but poorly), but the fact that they are committed to the quality of their products will maintain me as a customer for the foreseeable future. We want realism in this virtual universe and they're one of the few players that deliver an incredibly high level of just that.

Just my opinion.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 5