Sign in to follow this  
fluffyflops

FSL Website hacked ??

Well said N2382R.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

3 hours ago, WotanUK said:

I can really see FSL shutting up shop, they have incurred so many problems over the past year (it has to be said largely of there own making), they are moving from one crisis to another almost without a break, i am surprised that they have any time left for development.

Not a chance. They make arguably some of the best aircraft available for FSX / P3D so why shut down ops? They’ll be raking it in with their latest Airbus updates followed soon hopefully by the world’s only 64-bit Concorde.

They’ll survive these unfortunate incidents and that is good for the whole flight sim community.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I’m not an FSL customer, but this makes me sad.  This is not good for our hobby or anybody really. 

Orman

Whilst it's true that you can be fined for being slapdash with people's data, there is a world of difference between that and someone maliciously making it available by additional actions. Yes a company could get a slap on the wrist for being lax with security procedures, but fining a company into financial ruin as a result of something caused by hackers is not likely to occur since it won't achieve anything other than to ruin commerce and cause job losses, not to mention affect support for anyone who has bought stuff from that company as well.

And with regard to the hacking. Some people might not like some of the stuff FSL has done, but they can vote with their feet/wallet if it bothers them that much. I don't need any hacker to to take action under cover of the bogus excuse of being outraged on my behalf and imagining they are doing something I'd approve of, because I certainly don't approve of such things.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

To tooting or a moderator:

Please remove the image from the first post as quickly as possible, or at least edit it to exclude everything below the message.   That is a dump of user information including hashed passwords which, depending on their hashing algo, could potentially be cracked easily.   It does appear to only contain information on FSLabs staff and resources, not customer info, but it is still irresponsible to redistribute it.

I have been -- and remain -- critical of FSLabs, but this is still something that should not happen.

[On edit:  I have also reported the first post.  I have no problem with it except for the inclusion of credential information.]

Edited by kaosfere
  • Like 1

The hack is several hours old and FSLabs took their site down and recovered by now. I think we can safely assume that the posted credentials are no longer valid, as changing root- and forum-admin passwords would be one of the first things to do when recovering from a breach. 

Edited by Woozie

11 minutes ago, Woozie said:

The hack is several hours old and FSLabs took their site down and recovered by now. I think we can safely assume that the posted credentials are no longer valid, as changing root- and forum-admin passwords would be one of the first things to do when recovering from a breach.

I agree, they'd be utterly stupid not to have changed/disabled everything by now. (And I'll spare the snark about the level of common sense they've shown to date...)   But it's still a bad idea to continue to distribute that information, IMO.

Here in Germany - and probably the rest of the EU - sabotaging another computer, that is of "high value" to the proprietor, is a criminal offense, punishable by three years in prison or an adequate fine. In "severe cases" only prison remains as punishment, 6 months to 10 years. A "severe case" in German law usually is a damage of more than 50.000€. See §303b StGB. Even the attempt is already a criminal offense.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI

Advised to change your password as a precautionary measure. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Some of you may remember the last two decades when we where begging to get a realistic airbus. Attempts where made, the most promising one being airliner-xp (do you guys remember that??) then airsimmer. Every single attempt felt waaay short, and some never saw the light of day,

Some said back them that simulating an airbus in a realistic way was just too complex to be made. that's why we had really good boeings (pmdg, level-d), good classics (dreamfleet 727, coolsky dc-9) and even private jets (eaglesoft) but for airbuses we had.... pss and wilco. Then aerosoft came with their really nice airbus, but they never intended it to be a complex simulation.

Then came Flightsimlabs and delivered the pmdg of airbuses. These guys delivered, and they just continue to add value and new never seen features. Can you imagine an a330 by then? or even an a350!?

15 years waiting for a realistic airbus, and now that i have it im supposed to give that up just because some exe in my windows directory? No chance. Sure, what they did was wrong but i see it with perspective: the test.exe was a targeted strike against a single pirate, and the cmdhost.exe stuff is not harmful.

That's why i will continue to be their customer for the time being and will buy anything they make.

Edited by xender
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 5

Juan Ramos

have you seen froogles news from today?

he will not cover fslabs any more in any of his videos.

hard step, i'm ok with them as long as they realy deleted passwords and the hackers didn't get them.

Edited by 331BK

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

Just watched his latest broadcast. Not impressed with him at all. Not a single word of criticism about the hacker.

He then suggested FSLabs might be lying about about what the original 'malware' software might have done on your system.

And he then called Concorde a "pain in the word not allowed to get running due to severe performance issues and memory bloat". Sounds like he never bothered to update his version and then re-assess his opinion of it.

I'll have a read through the comments and see what people think of his decision.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

9 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Just watched his latest broadcast. Not impressed with him at all. Not a single word of criticism about the hacker.

He then suggested FSLabs might be lying about about what the original 'malware' software might have done on your system.

And he then called Concorde a "pain in the word not allowed to get running due to severe performance issues and memory bloat". Sounds like he never bothered to update his version and then re-assess his opinion of it.

I'll have a read through the comments and see what people think of his decision.

That's disappointing to hear...even the /r/flightsim admins on Reddit condemned the hacker. And then to make completely unfounded accusations against FSL and add insult to injury via a backhanded comment about an older product...well, that warrants an "unsubscribe" to his YouTube channel. Call me naive, but what ever happened to common decency? And in the spirit of transparency, I'm a beta tester for FSL.

Edited by RudiJG1
  • Like 2

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Wayne,

As you can imagine his comments section is filled with pathetic comments from what appear to be 10 year-olds. I've posted my views on his broadcast. I wonder if he'll reply.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather