Sign in to follow this  
fluffyflops

FSL Website hacked ??

48 minutes ago, 331BK said:

have you seen froogles news from today?

he will not cover fslabs any more in any of his videos.

hard step, i'm ok with them as long as they realy deleted passwords and the hackers didn't get them.

Froogles? Frankly it's been a long time that I don't look at his videos anymore, with the tone he uses I didn't hold more than 2 minutes before I advance in the video and he deigns to get into the subject. This guy listens speaking to himself...:laugh:

Regards,

Edited by DrumsArt
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Wayne,

As you can imagine his comments section is filled with pathetic comments from what appear to be 10 year-olds. I've posted my views on his broadcast. I wonder if he'll reply.

Aside from the fact that you apparently disagree with them, what makes the comments appear to be from "10 year olds" much less pathetic ones? 😕

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Just watched his latest broadcast. Not impressed with him at all. Not a single word of criticism about the hacker.

He then suggested FSLabs might be lying about about what the original 'malware' software might have done on your system.

And he then called Concorde a "pain in the word not allowed to get running due to severe performance issues and memory bloat". Sounds like he never bothered to update his version and then re-assess his opinion of it.

I'll have a read through the comments and see what people think of his decision.

Indeed. +1. I've unsubscribed for his channel as well, after this one. One would think, that a YouTube-commentator would remain objective and professional in his attitude. Instead he's just feeding the crowd and adding fuel to the fire, by distributing uncritical and unbiased accusations about FSLabs conduct, intentions and business policies. 
In my personal opinion it's distasteful and a little rude. I would have thought, that he of all people (I held him in quite high regard, to be honest) would rise above this petty behavior.

Personally I just get so angry and frustrated about the kind of lynch atmosphere which quickly arises in these comment sections and forums. It's uncomfortable and unpleasant to read and I can't for the life of me, fathom the aggressiveness and hostility which are present. The worst thing is, that there's nothing you can say, which can remedy the situation. Everything will be used against you and arguments, will be twisted and manipulated. 

Sorry for the rant, people.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

13 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Aside from the fact that you apparently disagree with them, what makes the comments appear to be from "10 year olds" much less pathetic ones? 😕

"How long before some FSlabs word not allowed posts? 5....4....3....2....1 and........"
"Screw FSLabs. What a bunch of dodgy thieves."
"thats why i hate fslabs robbers"
"I hope FSL gets taken to the cleaners I really do"

The word not allowed was f a n  b o y s"

Edited by Ray Proudfoot

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

"How long before some FSlabs word not allowed posts? 5....4....3....2....1 and........"
"Screw FSLabs. What a bunch of dodgy thieves."
"thats why i hate fslabs robbers"
"I hope FSL gets taken to the cleaners I really do"

The word not allowed was f a n  b o y s"

All I honestly see is opinionated people. (who tend to talk that way, even here)

Honestly, I don't see much difference between the quotes above, and sentiments made in this very forum and others (from verifiable adults) cheering about the death of FSW while making very similar statements...... (Greedy DTG, Glad its dead, etc)

I suspect somehow however that calling such people out as pathetic or as 10 year olds would not go over well.......

Nor do I believe it should, in any circumstance.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

7 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

All I honestly see is opinionated people. (who tend to talk that way, even here)

Honestly, I don't see much difference between the quotes above, and sentiments made in this very forum and others (from verifiable adults) cheering about the death of FSW while making very similar statements...... (Greedy DTG, Glad its dead, etc)

I suspect somehow however that calling such people out as pathetic or as 10 year olds would not go over well.......

Nor do I believe it should, in any circumstance.

I don't see that many posts here that use such juvenile language. I didn't identify any individual so see nothing wrong with my personal opinion of the standard of debate on YT. It's generally pretty dire.

Incidentally, if you re-read my post I didn't call people pathetic, just their comments.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Additional info
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thought you were right on Ray!

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I don't see that many posts here that use such juvenile language.

Interesting. I see (and try to avoid) it during just about any of the regular controversies-of the-week. (Lots of threads to stay the heck out of)

Incidentally, if you re-read my post I didn't call people pathetic, just their comments.

Noted. 

Devons rig

7 hours ago, RudiJG1 said:

That's disappointing to hear...even the /r/flightsim admins on Reddit condemned the hacker. And then to make completely unfounded accusations against FSL and add insult to injury via a backhanded comment about an older product...well, that warrants an "unsubscribe" to his YouTube channel. Call me naive, but what ever happened to common decency? And in the spirit of transparency, I'm a beta tester for FSL.

i also was beta tester for the p3d v3 concorde. and can't wait to get the v4 concorde.

• Like 1

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

I find this entire FSLabs debacle very sad indeed. 

Probably one of the best products to ever have been made for any flightsim platform by some very talented people only to be destroyed by questionable management decisions - and there is no doubt that they have adopted some dreadful decisions and attitudes - to their own detriment.

Love him or hate him, Froogle is not an official spokesperson for the flightsim community - he's only a YouTuber - like millions of others.  He is not therefore bound by any requirement to be unbiased in his commentary.   This issue has caused quite emotive opinion in the community and he has taken a strong position on it like anyone else.

Will FSLabs recent past stop me from buying future products of theirs - no.  Will Froogle's opinionated broadcast sway my decision  - no.  

But FSLabs have screwed up..    As for the hacking incident - that was only waiting to happen - wrong as it is.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ErichB said:

I find this entire FSLabs debacle very sad indeed. 

Probably one of the best products to ever have been made for any flightsim platform by some very talented people only to be destroyed by questionable management decisions - and there is no doubt that they have adopted some dreadful decisions and attitudes - to their own detriment.

Love him or hate him, Froogle is not an official spokesperson for the flightsim community - he's only a YouTuber - like millions of others.  He is not therefore bound by any requirement to be unbiased in his commentary.   This issue has caused quite emotive opinion in the community and he has taken a strong position on it like anyone else.

Will FSLabs recent passed stop me from buying future products of theirs - no.  Will Froogle's opinionated broadcast sway my decision  - no.  

But FSLabs have screwed up..  

Absolutely bang on. For once we agree on something.

Great product, absolutely insane business decesions, TWICE. 

14ppkc-6.png

21 minutes ago, tooting said:

For once we agree on something

I disagree that we always disagree.:smile:

I’m still non the wiser what they did so bad? 

Any links that explain? 

Luke Pype

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:11 AM, 331BK said:

have you seen froogles news from today?

he will not cover fslabs any more in any of his videos.

No, and I have no plans to do so either... I have better ways to spend my precious time than to watch a motor mouth pontificate with a constant flow of verbal diarrhea... :rolleyes:

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

9 hours ago, tooting said:

Great product, absolutely insane business decesions, TWICE. 

Three times.

(Don't forget about the Aerosoft textures.)

• Like 1