Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

QW787 now Supported

We are pleased to announce that the latest version of MCE now supports the recently released Quality Wings 787.

Change log.

Added support for QW 787 (both FSX & P3D)

Fixed minor issues with PMDG 737 NGX interfaced switches.

IMPORTANT: When you’re done installing new package, run the app wizard briefly, so that the aircraft specific flows are copied to the relevant folders.

Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->Run app wizard.

There’s no need for speech training.

• Like 2

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Where do I find the download?  The link says "download demo" but as I am a current long term user of MCE I want the full version not the demo.

Ken

Ken,

you must download the demo. Uninstall old version through windows removal and install the demo. Don't remove anything manually.!!!!

Best regards

John Cramer

I see the QW 787 is available for P3dv4.

Anybody flying this with MCE?

Any You Tube videos?:wink:

Regards

David

A full flight from EGLL to EHAM in the QW 787 Dreamliner, in P3dv4.3.

This magnificent simulation, gets a magnificent integrated (fully qualified) First Officer from MCE!:biggrin:

Regards

David

2 hours ago, charlie130 said:

A full flight from EGLL to EHAM in the QW 787 Dreamliner, in P3dv4.3.

This magnificent simulation, gets a magnificent integrated (fully qualified) First Officer from MCE!:biggrin:

Regards

David

Great stuff.

Always a pleasure to watch.

Dieter was disappointed to not be asked to fly the maiden flight in the Dreamliner.  So this flight came up, with a route from Schiphol to Zurich. Rumour has it, that he's keen on a Rampie called Jane who works at our Zurich office....So he got the right hand seat for this trip!:wink:

Where do we report bugs ?

QW787 -
EFIS range - intermittent but mostly doesn't work (you get the correct audio but not the right range selected)

Set Altimeter Standard - get the correct audio but no change on panel or PFD

(interestingly "Set localizer mode" works fine even though it doesn't in PMDG 737ngx

Edited by julian46
add more info

1 hour ago, julian46 said:

QW787 -
EFIS range - intermittent but mostly doesn't work (you get the correct audio but not the right range selected)

(interestingly "Set localizer mode" works fine even though it doesn't in PMDG 737ngx

FSX or P3D V4?

Edited by FS++

1 hour ago, julian46 said:

sorry P3D V4

Those commands for setting EFIS range haven't been implemented due to some limitation with regards interfacing QW 787 in P3D V4.

The only thing Fo wasn't able to control directly in VC where those MFD screens. He can interact with ECL directly in VC under FSX.

If you download very latest V2.7.7.4 you should notice FO can now handle ECL via lower MFD 2D panel.

You could set 2D Panel transparency at 80%+ and you'd almost believe Fo is doing it in VC.

He can also handle EICAS page selection and FMC input that way.

Maybe we could do the same with Captain MFD for setting range in next update. But no promises there, as this is akin to simulating interaction with Windows menus and buttons rather than aircraft switches. There is no feedback as to what state the menu is in by the time you make the selection.

Edited by FS++

I see - thanks for the information

Is there a "matrix" somewhere that shows what works (and doesn't) in specific add-ons - like QW787 / PMDG 737NGX etc ? (per simulator base ie - FSX / P3D V4)

Edited by julian46
more info

On 10/22/2018 at 1:08 PM, julian46 said:

QW787 -

Hi. In the Dreamliner, I have full voice control over altimeter baro setting, including "set altimeter standard". I include it in my flow "passing transition in the climb".

ND range, as Gerald explained, is a Windows function. Localiser mode I don't use much in the Dreamliner, since it can not use VOR navigation, at least not in auto pilot. So it's a function of the approach mode, which does work, if there is no ILS Glide Slope.

I haven't flown the NGX recently in P3d, but as far as I can recall, "nav mode" should work if the VOR is tuned? 

I think 64 bit Prepared is wonderful, but believe LM altered the window layers and complicated things for programmers of voice AI add ons. Some absolutely need a SDK or they are lost. I think the MCE chaps just code it. That's impressive stuff!

Regards

David

On 10/22/2018 at 5:04 PM, FS++ said:

If you download very latest V2.7.7.4 you should notice FO can now handle ECL via lower MFD 2D panel.

You could set 2D Panel transparency at 80%+ and you'd almost believe Fo is doing it in VC.

He can also handle EICAS page selection and FMC input that way.

Maybe we could do the same with Captain MFD for setting range in next update. But no promises there, as this is akin to simulating interaction with Windows menus and buttons rather than aircraft switches. There is no feedback as to what state the menu is in by the time you make the selection.

Gerald

I just went for a short test with 2.7.7.5 in P3Dv4 and this 2D Windows is working great.
But is it possiple that the 2D window will be closing after the checklist is done?  It stays open here all the time.

Bruno

Bruno 

2 hours ago, bakerman said:

Gerald

I just went for a short test with 2.7.7.5 in P3Dv4 and this 2D Windows is working great.
But is it possiple that the 2D window will be closing after the checklist is done?  It stays open here all the time.

Bruno

Should be done within a week or so.