Sign in to follow this  
Deltaair1212

ProATCx

For anyone with P3Dv4 using this atc program, I am very interested but my only concern is the fact it mentions that it does not control AI on the ground... yet. What exactly do they mean by this? Does AI traffic just wonder around lost at airports until airborne? Is it chaos at airports since there is no ATC guidance? They kinda didn’t explain what they meant whenever they said this so any help would be appreciated! 

Edited by Deltaair1212

Head over to their website all is explained, their is no AI chaos, it is a very good program, I have been using it for years from P3dv3 to v4, they just had a major upgrade, anyway decide for yourself http://pointsoftware.de/

steve southey

2 hours ago, Deltaair1212 said:

For anyone with P3Dv4 using this atc program, I am very interested but my only concern is the fact it mentions that it does not control AI on the ground... yet. What exactly do they mean by this? Does AI traffic just wonder around lost at airports until airborne? Is it chaos at airports since there is no ATC guidance? They kinda didn’t explain what they meant whenever they said this so any help would be appreciated! 

None of the ATC addons control AI except of VOXATC which creates its own AI traffic.

othe addons like PROATCX, PF3, and radar contact don’t control AI. AI will be controlled by the default ATC and those addons will give them instructions mimicking control. Except for runway incursions they will be frozen so they wouldn’t enter the runway, also, on approach but each addon will control them differently. PROATCX will speed up or slow down ai traffic or ask them to maintain altitude. PF3 will freez an AI plane flying final behind you in position until there is a good distance between you and the AI plane. Radar contact will just have plane fly away from the final silently.

By the way, PROATCX is agreat program now after years of frustration.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

I'm a recent user of ProAtcX and I like it a lot! It improves greatly the immersion and is far superior to the ingame primitive atc! As is stated in the description of the program it doesn't control AI, but if AI interfere with your flight, it gives you order to avoid conflict. It is not perfect but it is a real nice feature.

Cheers

Pat

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

7 hours ago, Deltaair1212 said:

.............but my only concern is the fact it mentions that it does not control AI on the ground...

on the ground (& not at all airborne) it does control them in so much patc will hold conflicting AI during taxi to provide you a "clearer" taxi path ..... it is not as good as it "could be" as it doesn't control the path of that conflicting traffic in the first instance, just stops it when nearby (so you can be nose-to-nose on the same taxiway etc.)

imho, voxatc is much "better" in this regard (on the ground) & has traffic advisories when airborne about conflicts / offers heading corrections .... if you request.

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

So I just downloaded the program and I have to say, it’s not a very straight forward, user friendly layout. I read the instructions and it’s kinda scattered all over the place. Oh well. For $60 I’m going to learn how to use it even if it kills me lol. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, vadriver said:

on the ground (& not at all airborne) it does control them in so much patc will hold conflicting AI during taxi to provide you a "clearer" taxi path ..... it is not as good as it "could be" as it doesn't control the path of that conflicting traffic in the first instance, just stops it when nearby (so you can be nose-to-nose on the same taxiway etc.)

imho, voxatc is much "better" in this regard (on the ground) & has traffic advisories when airborne about conflicts / offers heading corrections .... if you request.

Actually PF3 does a better job with the AI on the ground. I have had problems with PATC, where sometimes after an AI lands. it pulls halfway off the runway, with the tail still on the runway as your landing, and stops. Also had aircraft pulling onto the runway for takeoff, as I am on  a very short final. With PF3, I have not had this happen. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

53 minutes ago, Deltaair1212 said:

So I just downloaded the program and I have to say, it’s not a very straight forward, user friendly layout. I read the instructions and it’s kinda scattered all over the place. Oh well. For $60 I’m going to learn how to use it even if it kills me lol. 

Really?  Start app,  make a flight plan,  start sim,  start ProAtcX flight.   Of course there is more to it,  but once your keys are configured and general settings good,  and database is up to date,  you will not be doing much except loading and flying.  You will not be disappointed once you learn it. 

1 minute ago, Tony P said:

Really?  Start app,  make a flight plan,  start sim,  start ProAtcX flight.   Of course there is more to it,  but once your keys are configured and general settings good,  and database is up to date,  you will not be doing much except loading and flying.  You will not be disappointed once you learn it. 

Does PATC have to be running in the background for it to work? That’s something they didn’t quite explain

Can anyone compare this to RC4?

My biggest annoyance with RC4 whilst in itself mostly is a good program, it leaves you way too high if flying a STAR.

And while on STAR's, how does it handle that aspect, anyone compare that to RC4?

Thank you.

It handles STAR's appropriately, and with the recent update I've never had issues when flying a STAR.  I've used it for a few years and really enjoy it.  I switched over to it after RC5 was cancelled.  I think it is a great improvement over RC4

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

Jason Lohrenz (@lohrenz737) • Instagram photos and videos

Lohrenz 737 Simulator Project (lohrenzsimulator.com)

Does anyone know why atc insists the altimeter is 0.00? I have PATC using the Active Sky weather and it will not read back the correct altimeter  

42 minutes ago, Deltaair1212 said:

Does anyone know why atc insists the altimeter is 0.00? I have PATC using the Active Sky weather and it will not read back the correct altimeter  

Hmmmmm... never had an issue with AS 2016 and PATC. The altimeter readings are always spot-on. Is Active Sky configured properly inside your PATC folder settings?

Mario Di Lauro

2 minutes ago, tamsini said:

Hmmmmm... never had an issue with AS 2016 and PATC. The altimeter readings are always spot-on. Is Active Sky configured properly inside your PATC folder settings?

Can you provide me where you found the correct link in the files to hook up as2016? I thought I found it under app data roaming but maybe that wasn’t the right one...