Sign in to follow this  
umi

what is defferent with TOMATO SHADE?

it seems like same tool 

what is defferent with tomato shade?? 

• Like 1

Tomato added a functionality that adds / manipulates dynamic reflections on the aircraft. If it is configured properly it can create great visuals when looking your aircraft from outside.

I have tried to switch many times but did not find any solid reason to get the performance impact for a good screenshot only....

Other than that it seems to add some dynamic parameters which i would like to have on PTA. It would make the lives of a lot of people easier if they were added to PTA tool.

After all i like flying more than tweaking so i dropped Tomato and used my GPU spare perf to have better VC frame frate....my 2c though.

• Like 1

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

So Tomato adds many great features but is a huge FPS hit unless you have a supercomputer?  Is this correct?

Thanks

Caleb Byers

PC: HP Envy 750, Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz (max 4.0 GHz), 24GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 with 4GB Memory, 2TB SSHD Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Simulators:  Prepar3D v3.4, Prepar3D v4.5, FSX:SE, FSX:Gold Edition

Using the FSX Deluxe Edition SDK SP2 for development.

7 hours ago, caleb1 said:

So Tomato adds many great features but is a huge FPS hit unless you have a supercomputer?  Is this correct?

Thanks

"huge" can mean many things for someone. For example if the FPS impact on my machine prevents me from having the autogen sliders where i want them to be, then yes for me tomato would be out of the question. It is relative to what someone wants out of his sim.

• Like 1

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

thanks for answer 

anyway if i applie that tool , occur black screen issue. 

so i just using envshade. :( 

12 hours ago, earthdog said:

"huge" can mean many things for someone. For example if the FPS impact on my machine prevents me from having the autogen sliders where i want them to be, then yes for me tomato would be out of the question. It is relative to what someone wants out of his sim.

Ah I see.

Caleb Byers

PC: HP Envy 750, Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz (max 4.0 GHz), 24GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 with 4GB Memory, 2TB SSHD Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Simulators:  Prepar3D v3.4, Prepar3D v4.5, FSX:SE, FSX:Gold Edition

Using the FSX Deluxe Edition SDK SP2 for development.

11 hours ago, caleb1 said:

Ah I see.

If your machine is the one in your signature then do not bother trying tomato as it is not strong for that. find your sweet spot with the sliders and envshade and start flying. If you stick on tuning you will end up tuning more than flying. Trust me i know what i'm saying 🙂 

Probably not the best place to ask this question, but here goes. So TomatoShade does add aircraft dynamic reflections, which is a big plus over PTA. However I can’t seem to activated it. I uninstalled P3D restored original shaders, updated TomatoShade, used different presets, turned on dynamic lighting, etc. I can’t get TomatoShade to display those beautiful reflections on my PMDG (and all other) aircraft. Any insigths?

cheers

On 7/7/2019 at 8:58 AM, DavidEekan said:

Probably not the best place to ask this question, but here goes. So TomatoShade does add aircraft dynamic reflections, which is a big plus over PTA. However I can’t seem to activated it. I uninstalled P3D restored original shaders, updated TomatoShade, used different presets, turned on dynamic lighting, etc. I can’t get TomatoShade to display those beautiful reflections on my PMDG (and all other) aircraft. Any insigths?

cheers

Would you ask about FsLabs aircraft in the PMDG forum ... ?

Both aircraft ...

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

You have to apply preset in Tomato and then add reflections to the aircraft model. I also had the same problem. I had a preset applied in the PTA and I added reflections to the aircraft model and textures were black and had some weird colors on them. You have to apply Tomato Shade preset in order to work.

I7-10700 (4.8 GHz with HT enabled)

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC Gaming

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.