umi

what is defferent with TOMATO SHADE?

it seems like same tool 

what is defferent with tomato shade?? 

• Like 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Tomato added a functionality that adds / manipulates dynamic reflections on the aircraft. If it is configured properly it can create great visuals when looking your aircraft from outside.

I have tried to switch many times but did not find any solid reason to get the performance impact for a good screenshot only....

Other than that it seems to add some dynamic parameters which i would like to have on PTA. It would make the lives of a lot of people easier if they were added to PTA tool.

After all i like flying more than tweaking so i dropped Tomato and used my GPU spare perf to have better VC frame frate....my 2c though.

• Like 1

So Tomato adds many great features but is a huge FPS hit unless you have a supercomputer?  Is this correct?

Thanks

7 hours ago, caleb1 said:

So Tomato adds many great features but is a huge FPS hit unless you have a supercomputer?  Is this correct?

Thanks

"huge" can mean many things for someone. For example if the FPS impact on my machine prevents me from having the autogen sliders where i want them to be, then yes for me tomato would be out of the question. It is relative to what someone wants out of his sim.

• Like 1

thanks for answer 

anyway if i applie that tool , occur black screen issue. 

so i just using envshade. :( 

12 hours ago, earthdog said:

"huge" can mean many things for someone. For example if the FPS impact on my machine prevents me from having the autogen sliders where i want them to be, then yes for me tomato would be out of the question. It is relative to what someone wants out of his sim.

Ah I see.

11 hours ago, caleb1 said:

Ah I see.

If your machine is the one in your signature then do not bother trying tomato as it is not strong for that. find your sweet spot with the sliders and envshade and start flying. If you stick on tuning you will end up tuning more than flying. Trust me i know what i'm saying 🙂