Sign in to follow this  
operateen

Framerate Mess- Sudden Change

Hi Everyone! 

I've recently returned back home to my sim computer after about 2 months of living away. When I booted it up, I did my typical "update everything" flow and updated Windows 10, SODE (with C++ Update), FS2Crew 747 QOTSII, FSDreamTeam (Live Update), and Orbx Libraries. Basically everything I could think of that wasn't already updated since April 2018. I then bought the much anticipated QW787 and installed it. 

I went to start a flight the next day from IAH-ANC using the PMDG 737 and my frames seemed LOCKED at 15. My rig usually gets around 25-30 if not more, especially at a less difficult airport like FSDreamTeam IAH, or at the very least seems smooth. We are at a complete loss for what to do. So far I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything I updated, updated my NVIDIA drivers, checked and double checked all of the settings in the sim and in NVIDIA, made sure that the SSD, GPU, CPU, and Graphics Cards were all running correctly, checked to make sure the overclock was still configured, and even trashed and rebuilt the shaders and the .cfg file. At the moment I am re-downloading P3D just in case I need to wipe everything and start over. -

WHAT HAS HAPPENED?!

T

SPECS: 

I7 7700k OC to 4.4ghz,

GTX 1080,

32GB RAM,

1TB SSD drive

Did you delete the prepar3d.cfg to let the sim rebuild it. Also delete shader cache.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Just did both and relaunched... no change. Getting 16fps on the ground with low settings in a default a/c at a default airport. 

Possibly Windows 10 has installed a new graphics card driver that you need to change.

You are not the first to report this type of problem.

Try  removing it and installing the latest from Nvidia in its place.

From the installer menu, select custom and Clean Install.

If you are getting the lower frames while sitting in the cockpit right after the scenario loads, try going to Spot View and spinning around the airplane several times.  If that increases your frame rates, it's a "gremlin" in the sim that doesn't load the outside scenery completely until you force it to by bringing it "into view" when you spin around the airplane in Spot View. It happens a lot if you also have the Dynamic Lights turned on in the Graphics settings, until you go to Spot View and spin around the aircraft several times. The airport you loaded for your scenario is trying to use it's dynamic lights (if it has them) and until you Spot View and spin around the airplane, your frame rates may be tanked. 

Rick Ryan

I'm having the same issue. Been away from the sim for a couple of days and all of the sudden frames don't exceed 15-20 even on a clean P3D, without any addons, all sliders to the left. Deleted the cfg, the shaders, reverted back graphics driver..all for nothing! Been sitting on it for hours now and no solution whatsoever.

My reg: i7-7700k (not OC)
GTX 1080 (latest driver)
16GB RAM (3000MHz)
500GB SSD

Any chance you use Nvidia Inspector and accidentally limited the frames that way?  

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

I'm not and have never used Nvidia Inspector. I was working perfectly fine last week. Today I had my first free day in to do a flight, did not install any addons or drivers and the fps is just horrendous. Since then I remove all addons, updated drivers and BIOS and not even a clean install of P3D has fixed it for me. I'm really running out of ideas..

I bet the culprit are the windows updates.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

@JoeFackel Checked that as well and the only update it installed within this week was a security update. I still deleted it, cause you never know with Windows, but still no difference.

Loading up the default scenario of P3D I get 15 fps max with sliders all the way to the left, while my CPU (10%), RAM (20%), GPU (8%)

Edited by kr2008wm

I just posted a similar topic in the P3D forums.  Mine is a little different though.

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6314&t=129817

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Did you install the novel nVidia driver on top of the old one or did you select "new installation"? If you did the latter, check that your nVidia driver settings are the same as before. Then: make sure that none of the Windows Updates changed your settings regarding the Windows 10 game mode. BTW: what Hz number does your monitor run with when using P3D?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I installed the newest driver using the GeForce experience, so not sure how it installed.  I have my monitor set at 60Hz, the lowest I can set it.

Not sure where to find windows 10 game settings.  I’ll have to check that.  

Thanks for the replying.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

And, if possible: check other games. Do you also experience such a FPS loss?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

10 hours ago, AnkH said:

And, if possible: check other games. Do you also experience such a FPS loss?

P3d is all I have installed at the moment.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)